Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gaming Leaks: Non-comprehensive list of Capcom games in development.

"Game leaks & Rumours: Fable 4 & Silent Hill apparently exists!"

Who the fuck is excited for Fable 4!?

More importantly, who the fuck is excited about Silent Hill?

Horror games are a trash genre :M

Says the guy who adores Cragscleft Prison, Down in the Bonehoard, and Return to the Cathedral.

Not that I really disagree mind you.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Yes, the kind of horror that is very in your face and makes it its goal to pop out of the closet and scare you with a boo is not very good, go figure.
Good horror is subtle and creeps up on you in an increasingly unsettling manner. Silent Hill never outright scared me, but it certainly pulled off the aforementioned.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Amnesia The Dark Descent. It's all I'm saying. They didn't even need to spawn enemies, unless scripted. Just atmosphere and sound.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just cause 2 was fun as hell in a way that had nothing to do with checklists, but there was very little worth hearing. It's as simple as that

There's a lot more story focused games in that genre that are not Just Cause, but sure I'm not disagreeing really. However it's not about hearing it necessarily, but about the inability to focus on one thing. It's like my wife "watching" Netflix and Hulu shows while she's also surfing Facebook and Instagram. There's tons of research being done about information overload and dopamine and shit, but that's an actual serious conversation not worth getting into here. My main point was it has an effect on what's popular and modern game/media design, and is probably part of why such games are the big popular mainstream thing right now to an absurd degree.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Just cause 2 was fun as hell in a way that had nothing to do with checklists, but there was very little worth hearing. It's as simple as that

There's a lot more story focused games in that genre that are not Just Cause, but sure I'm not disagreeing really. However it's not about hearing it necessarily, but about the inability to focus on one thing. It's like my wife "watching" Netflix and Hulu shows while she's also surfing Facebook and Instagram. There's tons of research being done about information overload and dopamine and shit, but that's an actual serious conversation not worth getting into here. My main point was it has an effect on what's popular and modern game/media design, and is probably part of why such games are the big popular mainstream thing right now to an absurd degree.
I love playing turn based games while watching horror movies, in the evening.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
:necro:

Here's another leak of those 1TB stolen data from Capcom, this time it's their release schedule until 2024:

1605786383329.png

1605795571040.png

EDIT 2: Apparentely this table is from before the COVID pandemic hit the fan

EDIT 3:
Managed to find the meaning for the numbers. They go like this:

> Unit sales in thousands
> Total revenue in million yen
> Total cost in million yen
> Net income in million yen

So for example REmake 4 numbers for it's launch year:

Unit sales = 3.547 K
Total revenue = 16.051 M
Total cost = 3.411 M
Net income = 8.746 M

And for DD2:

Unit sales = 3.478 K
Total revenue = 15.084 M
Total cost = 5.523 M
Net income = 5.235 M

Noteworthy shit in the 1st image:
> DD2 - Q2 of 2022 :incline:
> SF6 - Q3 of 2022
> REmake 4 - Q3 of 2022
> a new Onimusha game for Q4 of 2022 - I guess last year's remaster was to test the waters

Then of the 2nd image:
> I'm guessing SSF6 is a Super version of SF6 for Q4 of 2023
> then one year later we get a Ultra SF6 - ffs Crapcom...
> Monster Hunter 6 - Q2 of 2023
> Power Stone Remake (holy shit this series as been dead for 21 fucking years if you don't count the 2006 PSP port) - Q3 of 2023
> here's an even older zombie - Final Fight Remake - Q2 of 2023 - this game came out originally in '89 with the last port in 2001
> RE Apocalypse - Q3 of 2023
> RE Hunk - Q4 of 2024 - I am guessing this one will be a straight up action game similiar to the "4th Survivor" mode of REmake 2

There's more stuff in there of course.
I just don't find it interesting enough to write about...

EDIT
In the 2nd image there's 2 new untitled IP's, both for the year of 2024

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I got these translated images from /v/, but multiple outlets are already reporting this
Plus ealier this week it has been reported that 1TB of Capcom data had been stolen, and the thieves have been slowly leaking bits
My guess is to pressure Capcom into paying them up, otherwise they could've simple released all of it

Deflowerer

Arcane
Onimusha is somewhat interesting tbh, since apparently from some insider sources before, Onimusha remaster flopped hard and further revival of the IP wasn't deemed that worthwhile.

deuxhero

Arcane
"Rockman Match" is actually, as far as I can tell with the low quality, ロックマン対戦. Match (in the sense of interval of competition) is only one meaning of 対戦. It's likely a fighting game (対戦型格闘ゲーム or 対戦 type game).

deuxhero

Arcane
"Rockman Match" is actually, as far as I can tell with the low quality, ロックマン対戦. Match (in the sense of interval of competition) is only one meaning of 対戦. It's likely a fighting game (対戦型格闘ゲーム or 対戦 type game).

Update on that: "Vs." would also be a viable translation. It could easily be a Mario 35 style game.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I wonder how they're going to handle remaking RE4. You can't really improve upon how the game was made beyond making the game better-looking and adding in moving while shooting, maybe.You can't change the story away from the camp but I get the feeling that modern Capcom would try too hard (in a bad way) if they went for camp. They should probably go for remaking RE0 and the original again. Yeah, that's like the fourth or fifth, but I can potentially see that being good, rather than a travesty.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Peek-a-boo hide 'n seek gameplay has really done a number on horror.

Horror games work best when they incentivize player agency, like in Silent Hill or Resident Evil, not when they take agency away like in your oh-no-Slenderman-saw-me type of modern horror games.

I think the concept of "making the player feel helpess is TRUE horror" is not conducive to good horror gameplay. It can work as a peripheral element but no more than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom