Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year contender 2021

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So far? Pathfinder. I haven't really played any NEW rpgs this year... so, yeah, flaws and all, POTR wins no contest. LITERALLY.

EDIT: Oops.. Not quite true. I forgot the other D&D game known as Solasta that came out this year. It was alright. LMAO

So, it was a contest of two. L0L

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
loop hero
Hero Castle Wars. Igotz phone.
F_65gKJj4zNrFsePu1UwA5kim18dXUsxqy_Fx56533D48Am_agz8C6o9YEsbetqsKt0

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I haven't played any, but it seems to me that Trudograd would be a top contender given the quality of ATOM.

Maybe Encased or Gamedec might qualify if they delivered.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
From what I'm seeing SMTV might be the GOTY for me once it released. But I don't know if it will be even allowed in Codex official pool since it's a Switch title.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Elder scrolls skyrim anniversary edition

seriously though it's between Trudograd, Wrathfinder and Encased
Haven't played much of gamedec yet.

Not encased, because the game is seriously incomplete, its good only in the first 10 hours.

Its basically Atom x Pathfinder this year (pretty cool, since I loved atom rpg and kingmaker)

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Encased is only RPG I've played this year, that was released this year. The start is breddy gud, but it's pretty bare bones.
Also not much challenge once you get a dude or two with you, more challenge working out just what you're meant to be doing for the main quest.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Shin Megami Tensei V

And I haven't even played it yet.

But it will be the GOTY. Everyone knows it.

There really isn't much competition this year though. I'm a SMT fan but even if SMT V turned just about average or meh like IV which started strong and ended eeeeeehhhh it would be enough to make it the RPG GOTY.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I think it's pretty clear that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will win. It caters to the needs of our community:

lKXk7MK.jpg

It's a shame it's not an interactive dialogue. We should get +10 possible answers like in PS:T when answering the "what can change the nature of man" question.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I think it's pretty clear that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will win. It caters to the needs of our community:

lKXk7MK.jpg
Why are game companies hiring furries. Literally what the fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom