Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gamedec - Definitive Edition - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But yeah,the skill system is pretty shit,at some point i just cheat it.

Are there any games you don't cheat at? Cheating at a CYOA text adventure with pictures is pretty dedicated to degeneracy, I must say.
Do you have anything of value to add to the conversation,or is it just your butthurt ?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
But yeah,the skill system is pretty shit,at some point i just cheat it.

Are there any games you don't cheat at? Cheating at a CYOA text adventure with pictures is pretty dedicated to degeneracy, I must say.
Do you have anything of value to add to the conversation,or is it just your butthurt ?

I was just curious since I don't think I've ever seen you post about a game you didn't cheat at.

I backed this game but haven't checked the release version yet, I've been busy with WOTR.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Finished it and if isn't really non-linear then it does hell of a good job pretending that it is. I'll definitely go for another playthrough as the game tickled my nuts inferring that there are hidden endings that I didn't even notice were there.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did anyone get all the paces in axis mundi ? I am missing one. Any help here?

Y9X3xSi.png

Also this was pretty funny :)

zLjdEl7.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm i just finished the game,it is pretty good sci fi story,not much of rpg tho. A lot of C&C that makes you feel that it is just a masked linearity,till it comes rape you in the arse in the ending part. The ending options were pretty weird,felt very forced,it all depends on what you did during the game,and it lacks player interactivity. Should have been more open to skill usage,the whole ending part should have been. The game expected me to have 6 people to storm the ending,but it is impossible,the worst part is that doesn't tell you why. Some very minor things you do in the game could fuck you in the end,without being shown in the game as having such a big consequences. Also the game have decent amount of optional places to explore. Didn't even meet 5-6 characters by the end,interesting. It is worth another replay for sure. The worst part is the rpg system lol,most of the skills are useless,haven't seen any use for them. Also very restrictive.....and in a way meaningless. Still would recommend giving it a try,nice story.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
You finished it once? How do you know if it's "just masked linearity"? But it's true that skills come to play rarely and some are almost useless compared to others. Next playthrough I'll cheat to unlock them all and see where that takes me.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ive got yet to finish, it does seem weirdly linear with past choices being mainly about making current investigation easier.

Constant changing of the worlds and random rules is tiring. 30% of the activities being defined by shitty mmo mechanics doesnt help it. And it is quite mandatory as otherwise you will miss few clues.

as result i do find myself forcing breaks to progress. 1st world was best as it wasnt mmoish

EDIT: damn, asian mmo and death labirynth worlds were bad. I was trying to rush labirynth and was close to rage quit. Asian mmo is just annoying and didnt give you enough time to gather clues. Seem like metagaming puzzle but Id imagine it would be hard to find player that cares/wants to suffer. All of this while I was able to ease my experience with admin feats

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
finally done.
Didn't even meet 5-6 characters by the end
I did by going blindly. Sadly I was missing 1 as I couldnt talk down bob son, missed few skill points

yeah, not replaying this one. You would essentially do same things 95% of the time only to hope for better ending. Ending slides actually tell you what are the mistakes/things that you missed.
Unlike aod for example, where I was obsessed with doing perfect runs.

regarding endings
are there 7 of those? 6 jester related and one requiring saving 6 people?

final thoughts: making adventure game taking place in mmo worlds is hardly enough to call this rpg, for reference I consider disco to be one

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
finally done.
Didn't even meet 5-6 characters by the end
I did by going blindly. Sadly I was missing 1 as I couldnt talk down bob son, missed few skill points

yeah, not replaying this one. You would essentially do same things 95% of the time only to hope for better ending. Ending slides actually tell you what are the mistakes/things that you missed.
Unlike aod for example, where I was obsessed with doing perfect runs.

regarding endings
are there 7 of those? 6 jester related and one requiring saving 6 people?

final thoughts: making adventure game taking place in mmo worlds is hardly enough to call this rpg, for reference I consider disco to be one
Yeah,it is not a game you replay a new after you just finished,maybe in a year or two. Still it does have a bit of replay value.

The ending was poorly made in me opinion,i could save only 5 dudes for stupid reason. Can't save both the son and father at the end,which looks retarded,also the soldiers die for no reason.

And yeah,it is pretty much an adventure book game,still a decent sci fi story and writing.

Keshik

Arcane
I didn't enjoy the Samurai MMO part that much, the time constraints were annoying. Shame didn't have more cases, I even enjoyed the Farmville one, hah.

Just finished the game, managed to lock myself out of all but 2 of the choices, bah, only managed to save three people too in the end part. All in all though, I had fun, was worth the money for me, spent about 14 hours on it.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I played it again it for a bit. Not a lot of replayability, at least not to a degree that Tyranny offers.
Some deductions that appeared to be choices turned out to be just player making a mistake and don't affect the story.
Doesn't really have multiple approaches to dialogues I thought it did, most clues for good and bad cop behavior are the same.

I played till harvest game on the second playthrough, will probably leave it at that

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it again it for a bit. Not a lot of replayability, at least not to a degree that Tyranny offers.
Some deductions that appeared to be choices turned out to be just player making a mistake and don't affect the story.
Doesn't really have multiple approaches to dialogues I thought it did, most clues for good and bad cop behavior are the same.

I played till harvest game on the second playthrough, will probably leave it at that
Thanks. Looks interesting but not at that asking price.

What worry me about detective games boasting replayability is they mystery genre almost always have 1 objective facts of the events (even with something as surreal and deconstructive as umineko)

I just find it hard to believe they can stretch the consequences much, especially if you figured everything out the first time around.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I just find it hard to believe they can stretch the consequences much, especially if you figured everything out the first time around.
Many deductions got no consequence. If there is a consequence its mainly about receiving a shortcut later on. Then some magic happens in last 5 min of the game when suddenly your choices through the game play a role... but then again, unless you went for some perfect run - it does not change that much.
And perfect run isnt just about saving and loading a lot. Unless you go through some external sources, you wont know which deductions were solid until you see ending slides. There is a lot of metagaming involved and while my run was quite good, Im certain that I wouldnt be able to execute perfect one on next iteration.

What im interested about is if you can execute perfect run without spending skill points

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Many deductions got no consequence. If there is a consequence its mainly about receiving a shortcut later on. Then some magic happens in last 5 min of the game when suddenly your choices through the game play a role... but then again, unless you went for some perfect run - it does not change that much.
And perfect run isnt just about saving and loading a lot. Unless you go through some external sources, you wont know which deductions were solid until you see ending slides. There is a lot of metagaming involved and while my run was quite good, Im certain that I wouldnt be able to execute perfect one on next iteration.

What im interested about is if you can execute perfect run without spending skill points
Yeah the post is what i assumed the biggest pitfall about games like this. That's why disco elysium shift the detective focus only towards as a foreground for character focused narrative and the worldbuilding instead of making it truly detective game, which is now in retrospect, a better decision.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
replayability
Is never good in a story/writing focused game. It is fine if it is roguelike or some platformer,but not in serious games. It always ends up being some forced garbage that cuts 50% of the content and just gate it behind some stupid time wasting. Like that pile of shit tranny lol.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/3307480

Gamedec Kickstarter FAQ - Answering some important question.

Hi There!

It’s been a very intense couple of days since the launch. We received many questions about your keys/surveys/problems claiming the full release copy of the game (or any other type of problem you’ve encountered regarding the whole process). We’ve prepared a small FAQ to tackle the issues you have and to help you.

LANGUAGE FIX COMING SOON!

The final language patch is going to go live this Friday! If you saw some issues with the language versions and didn't want to break immersion, this patch will fix it for you. Sorry for the delay, it was an issue on our side but we're back on track!

I can’t find my key for the digital game!
Check out your Digital Download Page on Backerkit – after getting to the survey on your backerkit page, just click on the big blue “GET YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOADS” button to receive your rewards.

32b6512c5af1ae5ce178be6748e82761_original.png

I can’t find the link to my survey – What should I do?

If you can’t find a link, recover your survey on gamedec.backerkit.com - you need to provide the same email address used during the Kickstarter campaign.

a350c2cb3e6656708d42f1d9ee5a6122_original.png

What about the Soundtrack and Digital Artbook?

You should see a key to either GOG or STEAM version of the Digital Artbook and Soundtrack, depending on your choice. Due to unfortunate events, some of you received the STEAM keys for the addons, even if you selected the GOG code for the full game. This was sorted out, and your proper keys should be available on the backerkit digital download page.

Can’t find the code for the Exclusive Torkil Aymore Skin DLC [GOG]

There was a slight delay in sending out the GOG rewards for Torkil Aymore Skin DLC – Check out your Backerkit Digital Download Page. They should be available now.

I’m still having the Closed Beta version on Steam – what's wrong with my code?

903df14489b3e3198c14d8ef79f19a3d_original.png

Don’t worry, that means that you had Gamedec Closed Beta installed, and all you have to do is:

Go into PROPERTIES

5bc30a4a9d97bb0018d4544d79331c73_original.png

Then go into the BETAS TAB

bb3b7ddbfb6a71d8b179878ed54fc091_original.png

Then select from the drop-down menu ”none”

589eb920e3f2c0d69db565f5006d7582_original.png

And now your full release game will download!

138d686054de4b05f50054c02e0b25b1_original.png

I still see the BETA key in my Digital Download Page for the GOG version!

It was a bug. The backerkit pages did not refreshed properly. Right now, you should see an annotation to the code – SIDENOTE – ALL GOG KEYS TRANSFORMED INTO FULL RELEASE VERSION.

I Still have the Backers Build version on GOG

Please uninstall the game, and install it again – The GOG Launcher still remembers that you’ve downloaded the Backer’s build.

Another option is to select the default branch on GOG:

462b814d78383b396c19feac71008c7d_original.png

My Soundtrack is not available on Steam

We are aware of the problems – we are waiting for Steam to accept our upload to start distribution via Steam. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by that. Soon the Soundtrack will be available.

I can’t select Torkil Aymore in the Character screen

You need to click on the ”Character Preset” arrow, and it’ll show you Torkil as a playable character.

6ad4861a0a75644b71b446084dd1d351_original.png

The game is missing Partial Voiceovers.

There was a slight delay on our side with the recordings, we're still waiting for them to be delivered, and we will implement them as soon as they come. Expect a Patch with those soon!

Twitch integrations seem to not work correctly:

1f31502c76290caed085b33f2530cf1c_original.png

After you connect your Twitch account to the game, you need to:

1) Click on the violet Twitch logo during the interaction with some possible choices.

2) The countdown begins, and the chat has to select the answer by typing in the chat “#vote [number]” so for example, when you have only two possible choices - #vote 1 or #vote 2.

775656870cb7ac563987c787a4ffd9a4_original.png

3) After a moment, the most voted option will be highlighted.

ad4900cd2048b60a38f11b09d70f0e8d_original.png

That’s it for today. If you have some additional issues/problems with your key/survey, please DM us on Kickstarter, or ask in the comments to this update.

As always from the bottom of our hearts - Thank you.

#TeamGamedec

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/3310645

Hotfix 1.0.50 is now live! + Content Roadmap for the rest of 2021

58e48a405a5ff050467478ae3d656565_original.png

First, we want to thank you all for the feedback you are giving and the continuous support! Thanks to you, we gathered the most infuriating issues and bugs and threw them at the tour QA department [btw, we love you guys!].

Today’s patch should resolve the critical language issues we have found. We’ve uploaded the newest dialogue lines, but in case something has trouble loading, the default branch was switched from Polish to English. We do not anticipate that as something that might happen, but if somehow it would, it’s easier to go with English instead of “chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie, tu i ówdzie”

That doesn’t mean we’re going to stop there, oh no. We’ve planned three major patches for 2021, with additional content set for 2022. You can see the roadmap below:

c862a70d953a655a78a1e2bcf63a62eb_original.jpg

As for the 1.0.50 patch, here’s what we’ve fixed:

fad569659f3446dad6dbc05bb83976c3_original.png

- Fixed a bug with a Diginet in AM.

- Fixed a missing NPC on Harvest Time’s cemetery.

- Fixed a bug with the Unicorn on Twisted & Perverted.

- Fixed a bug with Panisantor on Twisted & Perverted.

- Fixed an issue with mixed languages in the controls settings.

- Fixed an issue with a double barrier on Happy Hunting Grounds.

- Fixed an issue with mouse control when you had the controller connected.

- Killing an NPC to get a higher level in Twisted & Perverted won’t block out the dialogue needed to proceed.

- Minor fixes on Yeti’s bar.

- Fixed an issue with lockpicking the Knight’s Code vault.

- Fixed the initial CGI intro’s volume.

- Fixed an issue blocking progress when talking to Starlet in the Yeti’s bar.

- Fixed a conversation bug when talking to an NPC on Knight’s Code bridge.

- Resolved the codex sorting issue.

- When starting the game, already unlocked codex entries won’t prompt the “!” notification.

- The Dogman will not block the AM dialogue anymore

- Resolved the issue with Nanette dialogue dead-end on Harvest Time’s end-scene

- Fixed the unlocalized settings menu for the Simplified Chinese

- Fixed the interaction with Lord’s dresser in Knight’s Code

- Fixed the issue with resetting the clock while closing the rifts if the player decided to save the game at this point.

- Fixed the issue when you interrupt Tankred’s and Delia’s dialogue, resulting in no further interaction available.

In this patch, we primarily focused on patching community-reported bugs and finally resolving language issues.

A message to our German friends - we are still testing your language version. The number of missing lines was higher than we expected, so we want to fix everything before shipping the update. The full patch is undergoing LQA testing and will be uploaded next week. If you encounter bugs, please let us know, and we'll fix them ASAP.

We understand that the premiere might be frustrating because of bugs and localization issues. Still, we're grateful for every feedback from our community. That shows us that you care about Gamedec as much as we do :)

Take care and stay safe!

Team Gamedec

ironmask

Arbiter
I would be more interested in this game if it was completely cyberpunk. Always wanted a Cyberpunk detective game but the virtual worlds thing disinterest me. I want to be solving murders in the futuristic slums of New York or going after escaped replicants or something like that. Not playing as a glorified tech support employee.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I would be more interested in this game if it was completely cyberpunk. Always wanted a Cyberpunk detective game but the virtual worlds thing disinterest me. I want to be solving murders in the futuristic slums of New York or going after escaped replicants or something like that. Not playing as a glorified tech support employee.
Hmmm actually it is pretty much that,there is a real world connection. It is just that most of the crimes are connected to the mmos. The idea and the writing is good,but the choice of the worlds is questionable. The cases in the game are pretty dark if put in the real world. Also the main story is pretty good scifi,even if it could butthurt some people.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom