Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gamedec - Definitive Edition - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
This looks kino, why isn't there more hype?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Im curious how many virtual games there will be. Adventure detective with gaming.... i enjoyed certain RPGs (that had combat) with mini-games and those mini-games helped the pc. Whether lasers slots for cash in mars saga or games like skeet shooting in questron for extra stats to some simple star wars in ultima 1.

Tytus

Arcane
This looks kino, why isn't there more hype?

Also because the books the game is based on are only in Polish if I recall correctly. I met with the author at one sci-fi/fantasy convention in my town and he is a pretty chill dude. Hope his books translate well into another medium.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gamedec at PAX EAST:

https://monstervine.com/2020/03/gamedec-preview-cyberpunk-sleuth/

Gamedec Preview – Cyberpunk Sleuth

Gamedec is one of those games that instantly grabbed my attention just from its e-mail pitch. An isometric cyberpunk adaptive RPG is just a fun idea, so I felt I had to check it out at PAX East. This was an excellent decision, as Gamedec stood out as one of the most tonally unique and meticulously crafted games of the show. In my short demo I experienced conspiracies, murders, sharp mockery of free-to-play models, and a stat-check that let me lie about being an influential internet celebrity. If you can’t tell, it was an incredible demo.

Screens_LowCity_03_logoW-640x360.jpg

Set in a neon-lit cyberpunk city, Gamedec’s demo immediately gave me a Blade Runner-esque sense of noir mystery. I played as a slick private investigator investigating a case involving people seemingly being trapped and sometimes dying in an MMO. Naturally, my first move was to walk into the gaming bar that housed the MMO’s VR couches and lie about being some form of eSports person to get in for free. There were more than a few ways to talk your way to the couches by using different attributes, but pretending to be an influencer was definitely the funniest way.

Upon entering the Farmville-inspired MMO, something is off. Some players, primarily the ones working in fields for that sweet, sweet in-game currency, are speaking in a distorted manner and are seemingly in pain. The grumpy man who lords over these definitely-fine players says everything is fine, and that the dismayed players are simply real-world junkies who are just working for some cash. This is where things got really interesting.

Screens_HarvestTime_01_logoG-640x360.png

After receiving this paper-thin explanation, I could have just believed the man and left, case closed. I was told that depending on what information you gather, you have a wide variety of choices throughout your cases that all lead to different outcomes. I decided to dig a bit deeper into this MMO conspiracy, and was rewarded for this, but I’m glad that my character had the option to bail at any time.

I asked around the MMO’s hub town to see what the general consensus on this whole shindig was, and found even more options were available. One NPC offered to sell me a gun, which I could have earned money for by doing some good old F2P farming. Another few people refused to help, while another NPC finally gave me some hints about what may be happening to all the orange-suit-clad players who were keeling over. After accusing the not-sketchy man of being up to no good, he denied it again, and left in a huff when I started dropping facts. This allowed me to talk to the workers more openly, which gave me even more information. Another way I could have gotten this info would be by stealing some worker clothes off a nearby pole and pretending to be one of the junkies. Everywhere I turned, I was given more ways to approach this mystery, which makes the world of Gamedec feel far more like an actual world, and less like a narrative flowchart.

Screens_LowCity_05_logoW-640x360.jpg

As I went to log out of the MMO, the demo ended, and I left the booth very impressed. In my short time with Gamedec, I found myself becoming fully invested in the world and mysteries that Anshar Studios has made. I’m looking forward to playing the full game when it releases later this year, and if you’re fond of adaptive narratives and choices with real consequences, I recommend you take a look at it as well.

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/03/01/pax-east-2020-gamedec-sleuthing-in-the-22nd-century/

PAX EAST 2020: ‘Gamedec’ – Sleuthing in the 22nd Century

A9E84AB8-B7FE-47FB-BE7B-BB7B7302B6CD.jpeg

Gamedec is an isometric view, top-down adventure game published and developed by Anshar Studios. In Gamedec, the player takes on the role of a private eye in a cyberpunk future world. Players design their own characters, choose their strengths, and then go out into the darkness of a grim future.

As the player runs their investigations, they spend time tracking down leads in both the game’s real world, as well as its virtual counterpart. Full immersion in the virtual world is a fact of life in this future landscape. With so much of life occurring in this virtual reality, more and more crime becomes involved with it. From my brief time with the demo, the biggest thing this virtual world brings to the game is a refreshing change of scenery to the cyberpunk setting.

Players use classic point and click controls to navigate through their investigations. Various elements in the world can be interacted with, as well as plenty of opportunities for dialogue with NPCs. I was also told there would be a large variety of mini-games to flesh out various activities players will take on throughout the game. However, I didn’t play through any of these mini-games in my time with the Gamedec demo so I cannot speak to their quality.

When I first started my demo I found myself on a very standard neon-lit street. The kind you always find in the genre. Once I made my way to a nearby bar and hopped into the virtual world I was transported to a bright sunny farm. I was also told that the virtual world will be used throughout the game to take the player to all kinds of different locales. This promises a pleasant change of pace from the grim back alleys and high rise penthouses that litter the cyberpunk landscape. While the setting was a nice change, I also appreciated some of the detail work that the developers included while crafting this virtual world.

As I walked through the farmlands, I passed plants that were being grown. Every plant had a growth bar over it showing how soon it would be ready for harvest. This had nothing to do with my investigation, but it’s what you would see in a virtual display. So in the game, it is.

2FE1421C-3CE8-4B8E-9C0F-C52D5C5DFEE5.jpeg

While talking with the producer for Gamedec I also learned that player options are also founded in what players are most likely to want to do. To research the way players will approach the investigations, they ran the missions as classic pen and paper scenarios, keeping note of what actions their players most often wanted to take. When an investigation would lead to a bar, the players most often went to the bar to order a drink. So, even though interacting with the bartender has nothing to do with the current scenario, it was an option for me to take. I found this thoroughness, and desire to craft an experience that permits players to do what they want, most interesting.

Another element that makes Gamedec stand out is its approach to character growth. Instead of gaining levels and investing points, characters improve the aspects (skills) they actively use. When an aspect is available for use, say in a dialogue, the player is shown their odds of success. If you want those odds to increase you have to use the skill. It was explained to me that this style of character progression is used because the developers wanted the game to mirror the fact that in real life, we learn by doing.

The last thing that really stood out to me here is the branching narrative. Each case has multiple different ways it can be solved. And this doesn’t lead to some endings being bad, and others being the “right” ending. They are just different conclusions to each story. This multiple endings approach to every level, as opposed to just the final ending, promises players lots of replayability out of this game.

While my time with Gamedec was short, it was certainly interesting. Shifting narratives and lots of varied locales promise a unique experience from this cyberpunk adventure game.

Gamedec is currently slated for release some time this year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh heck, did you read the video description? This is going to Kickstarter TOMORROW: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anshar/gamedec-isometric-cyberpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/917720/view/1706240323237470530

Gamedec is coming to Kickstarter!

Dear gamedecs, we know you're hungry for news, so we've prepared something special for the end of March.

d34e5f5f7957be74ca331dd4b0e6a913fc0bb461.png

Like many of you noticed during our PAX East event, we're going to Kickstarter. This Kickstarter campaign will have an additional impact on how much more we can add to the game before its release. Also, it will let us collect some extra funds to expand Gamedec further and add some additional features that we were always dreaming of. More on it later :)

Right now we have but one favor to ask: click this link and smash that "Notify" button!

If you need additional info, simply ask on our Discord channel:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/917720/view/3219450621197088808

Steam Wishlist Challenge: Gamedec's first chapter in English unlocked!
First chapter of Gamedec: The Edge of Reality in English!

You've made it! Another tier on our Wishlist Challenge has been unlocked!

613ac8c4b26d009ddc96a1b0baa6ed10d2082be3.png

After achieving 19k on our wishlist, as we promised, we give you the very first chapter of Gamedec: The Edge of Reality in English. As a bonus, we've added a glossary at the end of the file to help you dive deep into the 22nd-century Warsaw City and its sensory worlds. Let us know what you think!

Click here to download

As a next step, we promise to give a -10% discount on Gamedec's launch for a limited time. We have one more tier to unlock afterward, but first, let's hit the 30k mark on the wishlist!

cc915800497cbd1642d2585175c1d71cf964117d.png

If you need additional info, simply ask on our Discord channel:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The virtual world in this video is pretty cool. I like how the game lets you acquire reputations from within dialogue if you're missing the one you need.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Kickstarter live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anshar/gamedec-isometric-cyberpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century

Gamedec is a single-player, non-combat, cyberpunk, isometric RPG.
You are a Gamedec – a private detective who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. The decisions you make will alter your character’s traits and impact the course of the game, but cases are riddled with dilemmas and rarely clear-cut.

The entire Kickstarter description is made out of images, blargh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Kickstarter video has a glimpse of a third virtual world, clearly a medieval fantasy roleplaying game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/2794840

Codex Update (1): We're off to a great start! Time for some explanation about Backer Rewards

df879ebdf7d1b9d9821c341e81feaeb3_original.png

Hi There, Kickstarter!

We are finally Live! This is a very stressful moment for the whole Team as per the last couple of months of preparation were tough. We are delighted to see your support and comments about our campaign! After many weeks of preparation, we’ve figured out that you might be interested in supporting our game – Gamedec.

Yesterday on the IGN site we've shared 10-minutes of gameplay with the commentary from Magdalena Cielecka - Our Producer. Take a look!

Also - If you are interested in the basics of the digital/physical content of the backer rewards, you’ve come to the right place. Here are all of the items from all pledges with their characteristics!

ec6241db601731c9723159ae0b865077_original.png

Some of the rewards from the Campaign - Lower Tiers
A "thank you" email from the Gamedec team – You will forever remain in our Digi-hearts! - You will receive an exclusive email with a thank you note – We want to let you know that we appreciate that you are supporting us, so after the campaign ends we will prepare the note, and we will send it to you!

PC and mobile wallpaper pack – You will receive a wallpaper package via link/in the email as an attachment. You’ll be able to personalize your mobile and desktop backgrounds with animated scenes from the game.

Your name in the game’s credits – As per standard procedure with the campaign additions – if you pledge for this reward, you’ll appear beside Gamedec’s developers and the key supporters of our project.

Gamedec [Digital Download] – enough said - A digital copy of the game (PC Version)

Beta access – Because we are listening to all the feedback we’ve received so far, we also want YOU to have a chance to give it straight to us. We will prepare game builds for you to test and play. Your feedback will make Gamedec even better.

New, exclusive story - Text [Digital, limited] – Since our game is based on the two first novels of the Gamedec saga, we’ve asked the author – Marcin Przybyłek, to write an exclusive story crafted especially for the Kickstarter Backers. What would any detective be without intriguing cases? You’ll receive an e-book file with the small case solved by the Gamedec.

Gamedec x2 [Digital] – Want to talk about the choices you’ve made and the paths you unlocked? Get two digital copies of the game; one for you and one for your friend. - Mind that Gamedec is a single-player game, and this pledge was created so that you don’t need to do any additional steps to buy the second copy. Just pledge this one

Digital Artbook – Download a digital copy of Gamedec’s artwork. Check out what inspired our designers, how Gamedec changed during development, and gape at our high-resolution concept art.

Digital Soundtrack – Grab a digital copy of Gamedec’s OST and enjoy atmospheric, cyberpunk-inspired tracks made by our sound designers.

Digital Gamedec Novels I & II [ENG] – Get the first two parts of Marcin S. Przybyłek’s Gamedec book series, translated for the first time into English. Those are the E-books, so you’ll be able to get yourself immersed in the Gamedec Universe before playing the game!

Access to the Discord channel, exclusive to backers – On Discord, our team will discuss how we created the game. Cool permissions will give you access to unique materials and access to the beta version of Gamedec.

ad81e83d6776f5c0a294af84914ba598_original.png

Old Yet’s Hall of Fame [Limited] – Become a part of the game and be enshrined as a fallen marine in Old Yet’s Bar! Use your name or a nickname – we won’t judge.

Physical Gamedec Novels I & II, Signed Hardcover Edition – Get a hardcover copy of the first two Gamedec books in English, signed by the author Marcin S. Przybyłek. The books will be sent out alongside other physical items of your pledge so that you can put them on your shelf and present it to the public!

Gamedec [Boxed] – We know many of you like to collect hard copies of your favorite games. We will make and deliver a physical copy of Gamedec directly at your door.

A soundtrack on vinyl [Physical] – Get the OST on a limited, long play vinyl. Those will be limited, and if you like to listen to the music on vinyl this is a must-have!

Displate Poster [Physical] – Displate is a metal poster embossed with Gamedec art on your wall. You can attach it to the special magnets on the wall. The quality of the print is magnificent, so you’ll be very satisfied to have your Gamedec poster hanging in your gaming room!

Artbook, Hardcover [Physical] – Get an artbook in physical form with concepts and art from the game. (This is the physical version of the digital artbook available in the lower tiers)

Displate portrait print [Physical] – Send us your photo, and we will design you in the Gamedec style! We will produce it on a displate metal poster and ship it to your door.

Name the item, NPC, company or game [Limited] – Have a real impact on the game and name an item, NPC, company, or game. Choose from our list of articles that are yet to be named.*

Appear as an NPC in a miniquest [Limited] – Give your name to an NPC. Could there be anything better than becoming a living part of a game you like?*

Add your graffiti to the game – Share your artwork with us, and put your graffiti in the game! Not an artist? We can design something for you. If you want to place an advert, tell us what you want and where to put it.*

Record a voice message – Want to hear your voice in the game? Whether it’s an ad for something you do in real life or an entirely dreamed-up project, you won’t want to miss this reward.*

* Disclaimer: No racist, offensive or trolling content. We reserve the right to filter the names you choose. We reserve the right to decide where we ultimately put your content. We reserve the right to decline content.

If you like what you see here and in our Story on Kickstarter - Please spread the word! Tell everyone about our Project, and help us to reach our goal!

Below you'll find some of our Socials:

That concludes this update,

Stay Tuned for more!

Gamedec Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Here's your DRM-free: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/2795634

Codex Update (2): Almost 70% of the goal reached in 24h! Info about GOG.COM!

d6d7e5a2366813e2e92b9ec36f2c59b7_original.png

Hello everyone!

The responses we've received during the first 24 hours, and a fact that we reached 70% of our goal makes us very happy. Thank you for so many questions, comments, shares, posts, and of course - pledges! It's so good to see such a big response from the Kickstarter community.

We have some HUGE news about the distribution platforms of the Gamedec.

Many of you asked us in comments and private messages about GOG.COM!

dd12948d7307fdc6718828abc54de418_original.png

You’ve commented, you’ve asked for it, and now we can announce it – Gamedec will be available on GOG.COM at launch!

That also means that when the campaign will end, and we will start sending surveys - You will be able to choose the platform of your choice (Steam/GOG.COM) and will receive the key to that platform!

About GOG.COM
GOG.COM is the ultimate destination for downloadable DRM-free PC games. The site offers gamers some of the greatest PC games of all time for a low price and free from copy protection. GOG.COM is much more than just another digital distribution site, featuring an extensive community component that allows players to rate, review and discuss their favorite PC games, as well as insightful articles from respected game journalists. Visit GOG.COM and start your exploration of the best that gaming has to offer.

f0c41127c921a3672eaf778d7500fed9_original.gif

We’ve managed to get everything set up at the beginning of the campaign, and we can assure you that after the campaign ends – you'll be able to choose if you want to receive your Digital Code for Steam or GOG.COM

Also, the coming soon page on the GOG.COM platform has shown up! - https://af.gog.com/game/gamedec?as=1649904300

We are very happy that we have GOG.COM on our side, and we are glad that we can share the game in more places for those who want their games to be on their favorite platform.

Remember that our Campaign has just started, there is a lot to do to fully fund it. We hope that you will help us reach our initial goal of 50k and share the info about it!

Remember that we also have a Social Media Challenge going – if you want to participate and unlock some additional content in the game just for spreading the word – check the description of the campaign.

Remember, that we are listening to your feedback, soon we will send a special update with a lot of your most common questions/comments answered. Stay Tuned!

Also, we have a small surprise for you! As per you've bought all of the "Early Bird" Pledge, we created a TIME-LIMITED additional 300 pledges for 22$, called "EARLY BIRD 2.0!" Let your friends know, that there's a chance of buying the game at a lower price! This pledge will be available up to Sunday, or until stock lasts.

372af632c9b6a50de9566e753df13788_original.gif

That concludes this update. We are happy that Gamedec is coming to GOG.COM, and we hope that you are happy with it too!

Cheers!

Gamedec Team

And funded: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/2796222

Codex Update (3): WE'RE FUNDED! THANK YOU!

f7c8f3ddcc8ef2648f6cf1d7c271c349_original.png

What kind of mystery is that? We are funded in 36 hours?!

Thank you all for this fantastic support! The last two days were mesmerizing - you showed us so much love, gave tons of energy to carry on with our work, and stood with us on our Discord around the clock!

We have more ideas to share, and hopefully, this is a promising start to a grand voyage. Together, let’s make Gamedec even bigger and better! You were so kind and spread the word about this project so well that we hit the 100% mark in such a short notice! On our first-ever crowdfunding campaign! We couldn’t do this without you! Every retweet, every share, and article brought us to this update. So for that reason - We thank you!

A truly wonderful time for our team to be a part of such a welcoming and positive community of both RPG fans and RPG creators alike! We want to thank each one of you for backing and spreading the positive word about Gamedec. It’s our biggest and most ambitious project yet, and we’re honored to see so many of you believe in this game as much as we do!

We still have many Updates prepared; some of them will explain the core mechanics or let you dive deep into the Gamedecverse itself. Don’t be afraid to ask for details or things you’d like to understand better - we’re here for you.

Ok, let’s get ready to rumble! It’s time to present our first stretch goal!

The goal for the $60,000 - A True Detective mode!

958176ce03d20eb54e7835188b70fe9b_original.png

Let’s not stop here. Funding is just a start – we expect to show you more stretch goals, which we prepared beforehand! We still have something BIG up our sleeve, you know?

Thank you once again for backing our campaign on Kickstarter. We will do our best not to let you down. Our journey just began, and we’re pleased you’re all aboard!

P.S. The FAQ section has been updated, including more details about the Underground Artist pledge. You can see it in the tab of our campaign.

If you’d like to talk with our team members, or want to ask a question to the Author of the Gamedecverse (Marcin S. Przybyłek) or chat with enthusiasts like you - join our Discord channel.

A big Thank You,

from #TeamGamedec

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Are they collecting money for their janitor or smth? $50k to expand and develop the game further, yeah, sure

Already clear this game will be short on content

Last edited:

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
Main reason for going to Kickstarter is already written at the end of the Campaign :)

We have secured a budget, but additional funding will allow us to do some of the more expensive stuff to expand the game. But the main reason for going to KS was:

I8Z5IBE.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
An extra 10К for disabling reload ability?
Either there are some other features to this "True Detective Mode"
or this must be one the most retarded stretch goals ever,
as anyone who would be up for that kind of challenge can do it for free any time they want by, you know, not reloading.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/2796885

Codex Update (4): Additional languages confirmed!

67da7638aa467f2c2a99787ca9dd07f8_original.png

Hi Everyone!

We understand that for some of you, having particular language support is a deal or no-deal. Many of you asked about it, therefore we decided to share what we’re planning.

1c7bfdb9b633f2685682cd7e610f4e30_original.png

Gamedec will support these languages text-wise on launch:

- English

- Polish

- German

- Russian

- Chinese (simplified)

We cannot promise anything more, for now, translating a game with that many lines of dialogues is very expensive. As an indie studio, we need to carefully decide where such an investment makes sense. We’re looking closely at our Steam and GOG.COM wishlists and backers’ whereabouts to determine which countries have the most of our community.

We believe that coming forward with this as soon as possible will clarify the situation for many of you and we hope some of you might look forward to play in their native tongue.

Should you have any questions regarding translation or the game itself, feel free to ask in the comments section.

In the meantime, be sure to join our Discord and exchange opinions with other backers or ask us anything :)

See you in the next update!

Team Gamedec

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom