Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Gamershell: Dungeon Lords won't be ready this year.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Lords; Heuristic Park Inc.

<a href=http://www.gamershell.com>Gamers Hell</a> has posted a <a href=http://www.gamershell.com/articles/881.html>preview</a> of everyone's favourite combat RPG of 2004. Unfortunately, for those who give a damn, the game is "nowhere near ready" and should spend another year in development.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The action in Dungeon Lords promises to be faster paced and more action oriented than previous Heuristic Park games, due to the move to real time hack'n'slash versus turn based combat, and if they can resolve some of these engine bugs and polish the game a lot more, this could really be one of the big titles of whatever year it eventually comes out in. As none is warranted, especially given Heuristic's record and the general attitude of PC game developers these days, I have absolutely no faith that Dungeon Lords will be released “when it's done”, because based on this press beta I can safely say it won't be ready this year, and I'm sure the pressure is mounting to get this sucker out the door as it's already far, far late to market. If it is released soon, we're in for a nearly unplayable glitch marathon based on unrefined technology that was dated when the project began years ago. </blockquote>
<br>
Well, I'm glad to know that switching to RT is working out for DW Bradley
<br>

taks

Liturgist
uh, if i'm not mistaken, the "press release beta" was actually released A YEAR AGO MORON! heuristic has plainly stated that several times. this is probably the same damn game that was griped about back then.

taks

corvax

Augur
the game has been delayed till late may anyway. it might get delayed again

Vidder

Liturgist
indeed, well i must suck then, because i actually had some fun playing this "nearly unplayable glitch marathon".

And as if the problems dungeon lords has, got anything to do with being RT.
Thats nonsense.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
They've gotta get it out in May.
Any further delays will mean it needs some fundamental re-design, and then it'll be all too late and they might as well not bother.
Most of the stuff that irked me about the demo were not majors. There were just a lot of them, that's all. It's do-able.

Ellester

Liturgist
The only reason I'm interested in this game is the fact it’s supposed to be coming out soon, and there isn't anything else fantasy related that’s being released right now on the PC that has my interest. If they delay it, I'm sure I'll lose interest, especially if it gets delayed enough to conflict with another released like Gothic III.

Deathboy

Liturgist
Im sure I read somewhere that they took on board all the negative feed back from the demo release and had corrected it brilliantly removing/repairing everything that sucked, this was accomplished before the demo was released. In fact I'm a little surprise there's any need to delay at all :(

Dhruin

Liturgist
They've already addressed most of the specific issues people complained out. Another month should see it in fairly good shape, for what it is. There's absolutely no chance of conflicting with Gothic 3, which won't even make this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom