Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games about managing or creating a developer/console/gaming related business?

Silentstorm

Learned
Was looking at Steam for some games and came across Arcade Tycoon which revolves around, you guessed it, making and managing your own arcade place but it's still in Early Access and missing a lot of content apparently, i also remember Game Dev Tycoon which was fun for a short while, but this got me curious, are there more games related to making or managing gaming related businesses?

If so, anything decent out there?

Reality

Learned
There's that game where you develop the Sega Neptune to replace the Sega Dreamcast.

OIP.GCwADx9SOhhgZWxMnxzLsQAAAA

Silentstorm

Learned
Oh yeah, forgot about that game, don't think it's ever been translated sadly, because it looks interesting, plus, i hear you can talk to Alex Kidd and he will be sad and complain that he isn't the mascot anymore ever since a damn blue hedgehog appeared.

Silentstorm

Learned
Found another one, Game Dev Studio, seems to have more depth and options than Game Dev Tycoon, and mod support, although very little and the developers, while still updating it now and then, don't seem too willing because the sales have been dissapointing, again, they still update, but it's not a popular game.

Also, when i mean that mod support is little, i don't mean how much you can do with the game, i don't really know, i just mean there doesn't seem to be many mods.

Luka-boy

Arcane
I heard good things about Software Inc.

Just be careful. There are a ton of shitty games in this genre made only to milk Game Dev Tycoon's unexpected success.

deama

Prophet
There's that youtuber celeb simulator, forgot the name though.

Silentstorm

Learned
I think it's called Youtuber's Life, anyway, got around to trying Game Dev Studio and it's not that great, really easy, lacks some stuff and there are weird quirks like only being allowed to put stairs vertically, what, you didn't make your office thinking about what would happen when you opened another floor and need a way to access it?

Well, sure hope you left some space for the stairs that happens to be vertical, because you can't rotate them, there's just some weird annoying quirks like that throughout, it's also not that much deeper than Game Dev Tycoon despite shoving in your face more menus, heck, making games is actually more boring than in Tycoon.

Wish i could say it's a great game, but it's just average at best, also, don't see much reason to buy licenses to work on consoles while PC is always available unless you specifically want to make a console based developer or make your own console.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom