Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games Category Leads to Dead End?

I have tried numerous browsers but always get the same "this content is not yet available" page when I click on the GAMES tab on the main page.

I have been checking it for over a year at this point. What gives?

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Codex is simply shilling for Underrail (working title "Under-Development") on that page. It's the same thing on the People and Companies pages, telling you to go check out Styg and Stygian Software.

I have tried numerous browsers but always get the same "this content is not yet available" page when I click on the GAMES tab on the main page.
That means the content is not yet available, obviously, not just to you, but to anyone.

Are there any communicated plans to have the category up and running? Half of the main page links buttons lead to similar dead ends. I've been checking back on and off for a couple years now and several categories are still empty.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
That means the content is not yet available, obviously, not just to you, but to anyone.

Are there any communicated plans to have the category up and running? Half of the main page links buttons lead to similar dead ends. I've been checking back on and off for a couple years now and several categories are still empty.
I'm sure there are plans...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Plans? Yes. Actual action happening?

The idea was to have databases with game info similar to Moby, but a) Moby already do it and b) no-one around here would probably enter the info. So nothing's happened on it.

Also I'm lazy.

The idea was to have databases with game info similar to Moby, but a) Moby already do it and b) no-one around here would probably enter the info. So nothing's happened on it.

Also I'm lazy.

Also I'm lazy.

Definitely fair enough. Never heard of Moby, I'm assuming it's a game aggregate or somesuch?

This site has led me to more isometric part-based RPGs than any other, which is why I always come back. Most sites just recommend the same dozen games (BG series, Divinity series, Arcanum, Fallout , Wasteland, Pathfinder and POE), but I originally found out about Krater and A Farewell to Dragons here. The good outweighs the lack of list, hah.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Also I'm lazy.
I would single-handedly enter all the info you want in exchange for 10 uses of the 'k reaction.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned

Also I'm lazy.
I would single-handedly enter all the info you want in exchange for 10 uses of the 'k reaction.
You should accept this deal, DarkUnderlord, that's super cheap.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Is there another game database that is nearly as good? I haven't heard of any other one. People don't often talk about such stuff though, it's not often that kind of thing comes up in discussions.
Jeff Gerstmann always dreamed of making the definitive gaming database; can check his efforts here:

https://www.giantbomb.com/games/

Apropos browsing music:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Also I'm lazy.
You clearly don't understand, 'k reactions are so valuable that there are no known exchange rates with other common currencies.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned

Also I'm lazy.
You clearly don't understand, 'k reactions are so valuable that there are no known exchange rates with other common currencies.
Pfft, you could say the same thing about my nail trimmings, I'm not sure that means they are valuable. Then again value is subjective I suppose, if you're going to be putting together a database for free for very valuable ratings then I won't try to convince you otherwise. A question, what would you actually do with those ten 'k ratings?
Jeff Gerstmann always dreamed of making the definitive gaming database; can check his efforts here:

https://www.giantbomb.com/games/
Giantbomb is super useful when you are looking for something specific! Like games with special mechanics or whatevs, but it's not entirely comprehensible and there's not just a lot of games missing but also concepts and the ideas that are attached to them, which is what makes Giantbomb worthwhile at all. Still, it is a lovely site! I had actually sort of forgotten about it, just didn't spring to mind.
Apropos browsing music:

I love it!
:love:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Also I'm lazy.
Pfft, you could say the same thing about my nail trimmings, I'm not sure that means they are valuable. Then again value is subjective I suppose, if you're going to be putting together a database for free for very valuable ratings then I won't try to convince you otherwise. A question, what would you actually do with those then 'k ratings?
Nothing, I would hold on to them forever because I would be too scared of wasting them on unworthy posts. But I would know that they are there if I really need them.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
Nothing, I would hold on to them forever because I would be too scared of wasting them on unworthy posts. But I would know that they are there if I really need them.
Hoarding isn't good, it's like with those health potions and buff items you find in games, better use them at first decent opportunity so you don't end up finishing the game with them still unused.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Haven't heard of moby games for over 10 years, maybe close to 20. We so old.
Is there another game database that is nearly as good? I haven't heard of any other one. People don't often talk about such stuff though, it's not often that kind of thing comes up in discussions.

'Hey Bob'

'Hi Todd, how's it hanging?' (the media has taught me this is how americans talk to each other)

'See the game last night? Man, those Nicks eh? They are some ballers!'

'Yeah, I watched it with the boys and we were whoopin' and a hollerin!'

'Say Bob, do you happen to know of any video game database's similar to Mobygames, but with more of a focus on computer role playing games?'

Seems like a perfectly normal interaction between two humans to me, I don't know why you don't discuss it more.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cant you guys put links to all the Codexer made games on there? Maybe with some advertisement blurbs they may write themselves. After all we have a lot of devs on the Codex and some of them may even make good games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom