Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games where you can play as demons?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Also, in Conquest of Elysium 5 you can play as a Demonologist, a Raksharaja, and some other factions who can summon demons.
Dominion games have a bunch demonic factions too obviously.

deama

Prophet
You can play as a demon acolyte type mage in Conquest of Eo, then later grow more powerful, summon more powerful demons, and even make deals/pacts with other demons.
That game is a mix of age of wonder and heroes of might and magic I would say.

In Sacrifice you can align with a demon-ish looking god for each mission, which means you'll get most spells from him.

I believe there's a warhammer 40k mod for M&B bannerlord, and you can pick the demon faction to play as.

dutchwench

Novice
Does Megami Tensei/Shin Megami Tensei fit? You don't exactly play as a demon with the exception of Nocturne, but you get to control them. And there's a shitload of them too. Control literal Lucifer. Lilith. The Biblical Legion. Control made up demons that look like cyberpunk Templars. Pick a favorite evil thing and watch how it changes as time goes.
There's an odd lack of Warhammer 40k Dawn of War in this thread, too. The obvious go-to choice are the Chaos Marines, but some other factions might fit the bill as well despite not being strictly demonic.
Also, Disco Elysium. You can play a communist in that game

SixDead

Scholar
Succubus

A proper game for an edge lord like you.
Yes! In my teens, I would cum in my pants from the visuals

---
Black Book could be mentioned, somewhat; in evil ending main heroine marries Satan and becomes Queen of Hell.
---
Off-topic shitpost joke time!
Me: I visited church of Lucifer:cool:
My satanist friends: Gruesome!
Lucifer, whose church I visited:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_of_Cagliari

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
9rx1xj.jpg

destinae vomitus

Educated
Painkiller has that mechanic where you morph into a demon after eating up enough souls and then can instakill everything.

Dark Souls II

Educated
Disgaea. You play as Laharl, a sadistic, evil heir to the demon kingdom's throne, and your sidekick is a cute and funny evil and hot succubus.

Arbiter

Scholar
You can play as a demon in Doom Eternal multiplayer
Heroes of Might and Magic 3

A game that corrupted my young mind. As I know, there aren't proper demon campaigns, only few maps for Restoration of Erathia, but that is enough.

Might and Magic as depicted in HoMM3 in MM6-8 is my favorite high fantasy setting, but demons in those games are a bit cartoonish.

You can play as a proper demon in Doom Eternal multiplayer and there are lots of similar mods for older installments of the Doom series.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Age of Fear 2 has a demon campaign, it's very good

also that new spellforce TBS game just released a demon faction dlc but i know nothing about the game

Was gonna recommend this aswell.

AoF series is fun as a whole but the succubi campaign here is easily still my favorite.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Probably a ton of roguelikes. Off the top of my head, Crawl, a bunch of old angband variants, Cataclysm: Bright Nights with the magic mod, CoQ, Infra Arcana, and I'm assuming a nethack variant or three; at the very least you can play a doppleganger in Slash'em and permanently become a demon. Marilith's are quite strong. Levels of flavour vary amongst these; in many cases it's just some statline changes and resistances, in others you get actual unique demonic powers themed around blood sacrifice and such.

Not directly what you're asking for but I highly recommend Cultist Simulator if you've never tried it. Go in blind, don't read guides, it's a good time.

Total War Warhammer has some demons obviously. Actual demonic gameplay too; you raze settlements instead of capture them.

Civ4 FFH mod had a cool demon faction actually; you couldn't start as them but needed to summon them into the game with a research or wonder or something; once you did you could swap to them as part of the project. Instead of building units normally they received reincarnated units from when evil factions lost units or population; so you were incentivized to make those factions powerful and warlike to get a constant stream of free stuff. Really cool mod in general, highly recommend.

Again, not exactly what you're looking for, but some of the BoF games have been themed around your draconic powers being evil; 5 in particular they are something that will overwhelm and consume you if used too much, really has that 'deal with the devil' vibe going for it. 3 is definitely the better game though.

SMT is probably right up your alley. Nocturne is the only one I've really sunk my teeth into, but it's fantastic. Uses real world myths and religions as references, so you can summon things like Baphomet, Succubi, Kappa, Kelpies, and a ton of other cool shit.

Nioh 2 has you play as some sort of demon/half demon or something, but it mostly just feels like superpowers with horns. Gameplay is good though.

Rift Wizard and it's sequel have some pretty cool Necromancer/Demon Summoning/Blood Magic spells and perks. Highly recommended.

Ooooh. Shadows of Forbidden Gods. You play as a dormant demon/evil god and need to subtly (or sometimes not so subtly, depending on the situation and faction) corrupt the world enough to have them fail to stop your acension, when your full powers are at hand and you can properly end the world. Very thematic, cool unique gameplay. You can do stuff like trick heroes or nobles into feuding with each other by framing them for murders, start plagues and riots and full blown civil wars, subvert characters, empower bandits and orcs, cause insanity, create or prey upon particular phobias or obsessions... lots of fun, if a little janky.

Zlaja

Arcane
You should check out Bound By Flame. It's an action RPG where the protagonist gets posessed by a demon. Then your actions through out the game decide whether the demon is kept at bay, or whether it takes more and more controll over you. This also ends up affecting your appearance and which companion will stick by you to the end.

Bound-by-flame.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom