Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Games with the most value

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
There's a mutiny on SS Codexo led by your former first mate, Skyway. His band kills all hipster crew members loyal to you, the captain, by necklacing- a brutal form of execution where petrol filled tires are fitted around victims and set on fire. For you, however, he has a more ironic punishment in mind. You are dumped on an uninhabited tropical island with just a coconut oil powered laptop and one game of your choosing. Knowing that you will probably spend the remainder of your days on the island, you think carefully which commercial release game can be played offline and has enough content and replay value to last a lifetime. What is your final choice?

A lifetime huh. Civilization 3 or 4 comes close, if you also load it up with mods before exile, and you like that kind of game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Civ 4 with all the best mods for me, without even thinking about it.

On the whole, I'd say if you don't like strategy games you're fucked.

Multi-headed Cow

I use the coconut oil to light myself on fire and leave behind my corporeal form and join Gaben in the Cloud.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
First mate Skyway hands you a copy of Diablo 3 before climbing back aboard the Butthurt, formerly the SS Codexo, under the cheers and sneers of the mutinous crew. Some of them even make obscene gestures in your direction to let you know what they'd like to do with you if they only had the opportunity.

Ovg

Cipher
I'd go for Dwarf Fortress 1.0, failing that dwarf fortress plus an offline copy of their wiki

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron

Now here's a smart choice. You not only get a game, but a fapping material as well.

FIFA-Glitch-Joe-Hart.gif

Machocruz

Arcane
Since idk if Dwarf Fortress with Masterwork mod is considered commercial, X-Com: Ufo Defense (with properly working difficulty settings) has to be it. Civ 4 BtS and FFT with 1.3 patch are very close alternates

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Emperor of the Fading Suns. It has all the unit data stored in plain text for easy modding when I get suicidal due to constant repetition.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Honestly, I'm with Volourn. NWN has enough great modules to last hundreds and hundreds of hours. Even if you don't like the combat and such, Stockholm syndrome will eventually set in and you'll be able to enjoy an insane amount of great (for NWN, if you need that rather redundant qualifier) content and enough good content to last for years.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
First mate Skyway hands you a copy of Diablo 3 before climbing back aboard the Butthurt, formerly the SS Codexo, under the cheers and sneers of the mutinous crew. Some of them even make obscene gestures in your direction to let you know what they'd like to do with you if they only had the opportunity.

What's worse is that to be playable offline, you would have to get console version of the game and use an emulator. Imagine playing console Diablo 3 on a pc :eek:

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Honestly, I'm with Volourn. NWN has enough great modules to last hundreds and hundreds of hours. Even if you don't like the combat and such, Stockholm syndrome will eventually set in and you'll be able to enjoy an insane amount of great (for NWN, if you need that rather redundant qualifier) content and enough good content to last for years.
Who says you'll get the fan made content?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's no such things as a 'unlimited game'.

I'd take my 40.000 book collection disguised as a bejeweled clone so skyway can mock me and not notice what it really is.

Keshik

Arcane
Space Empires IV or Civ IV (maybe SMAC) - any decent 4X game, I suppose. Arma2 with the editor you could get decent mileage out of.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Who says you'll get the fan made content?
The fan made content is the game. I will goatsefy this loophole if I must. :rpgcodex:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Who says you'll get the fan made content?"

OP says you have time to prepare for your one way trip. There's plenty of time to spam modules onto your laptop to play. :)

evdk

Patron
"Who says you'll get the fan made content?"

OP says you have time to prepare for your one way trip. There's plenty of time to spam modules onto your laptop to play. :)
If we're playing it this way then I agree with SCO and torrent as many books and prog rock mp3s as my poor laptop can take.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
But, it's about GAMES. Plus, books are one dimensional and the experience NEVER changes. You read a book once or 100 times... nothing changes.

Indranys

Savant
The most vile, sickest, twisted visual novel based on 4chan fags expert opinions. (I know it's not even a proper game but still)
After I finished that abomination, I'll be happy to offer my tainted bodies to the nearest komodo dragon as a redemption.

Thus in the year 4201 AD. They will know me as The Eaten God, The Dragon's Meal, The Self-killer, The Suicide One, The Keeper of The Novel, The Last Sinner, The Victim of The Sky,
to name a few.
The Chief Deity who's worshiped vehemently by the devout pixie-dragonmen of Vstra'lyrkysrta Empire which reigns the entire Nova Gondwana up to Northeastern Thetys Archipelagos.
The greatest empire the world's ever seen. Ruled by The Crownless Empress-Emperor with his/her 32 Lesser Tyrants as his/her obedient vassals, forged with only three goals in mind:
To conquer the Way of The Sky, slay The Great Betrayer and his Damned Crewmen, and to retrieve The Unholy Novel as an offering to redeem the great sin of their god.

Whew better than Gaider and Hepler writing already, and I'm not even trying, also my English is suck. :cool:
At least I don't have to create the lore from scratch if I want to make a game in the future. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom