Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you would NEVER play just seeing the cover art alone

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FJnKx5-WQAcIlID

Am I the only one who thinks this cover is cool?

Trithne

Erudite

tTc9cKQ.gif

The Mystery of the Druids is the only acceptable answer.

WILXJzP.jpg

If I didn't know, the cover for that would honesty make me want to play the game just to find out what the fuck it is.

As for my entry:
138566-arx-fatalis-windows-front-cover.jpg

While I absolutely get what they went for now and appreciate it, at the time I remember thinking "the fuck?" and passing it over, sadly.

Bonus round to this version I also found:
141655-arx-fatalis-collector-edition-windows-front-cover.jpg

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Wut? The Arx Fatalis cover is p. cool, who would pass on that? I would just change the font

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Am I the only one who thinks this cover is cool?

I think it's cool if you know the background of that picture and the game. But as a kid seeing it at a shelf I would not be inclined to buy it.

I genuinely like the cover. Nice color scheme, dark blue and dark orange fit well together. Exudes a mysterious atmosphere and makes me wonder what it's about. Definitely more intriguing than most "face dude" covers where the dude is way more generic and the background is non-existent.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Writer and game designer Guido Henkel produced the original Planescape: Torment game, and was roped into to being the model for the mask that would provide the basis of the game's box art. Here's Henkel in costume.
450-dj9n7g.jpg
Henkel_becoming_TNO.webp

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Btw, I found the gameplay video for the game in my OP, and to (mis)quote Fred Gwynne as Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary (1989): "Sometimes untranslated is better."

media-Q7jKABfyc9tCoWzafn-giphy.webp

Melcar

Arcane
Because when a guy does it it's like "check out my gains Bro, this back is huge; I just totally owned this FUCK YEAH!" and when a chick does it's "check out my nice ass; want to fuck it?".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom