Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Gamescom 2019 Livestream: Wasteland 3, Dark Envoy, The Waylanders

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; Dark Envoy; Event Horizon; Gato Salvaje; inXile Entertainment; The Waylanders; Tim Campbell; Wasteland 3

IGN seem to have served as the official streamers for this year's Gamescom, broadcasting daily with a German language stream in the noon and the regular American crew in the evening. Over the course of the week there were disappointingly few RPGs to be seen, despite the large number of such titles currently in development. Only on Friday did a few of them show up, starting with the appearance of Wasteland 3 in the German IGN stream. Brian Fargo and Tim Campbell don't speak German, so you may want to skip the parts where the host translates what they're saying:

Two smaller RPGs showed up in the English stream later during the day - the recently announced steampunkish turn-based tactical RPG Dark Envoy and the Dragon Age: Origins-inspired historical time travel RPG The Waylanders which was successfully crowdfunded last year. For both titles, it's an opportunity to premier their first significant gameplay footage. Also, the Waylanders guys have finally admitted that Chris Avellone is working for them.

In other news, there were a few more previews of the Wasteland 3 alpha build published over the week, at IGN, COGconnected, Expansive, and Gaming Target. But there's not much need for that when we can see the gameplay ourselves. I know there were more RPGs at Gamescom than just the few we saw in these public events. Hopefully we'll hear about them later on.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Gun to my head I'd pick up Dark Envoy. WL3 and Waylanders look average as fuck.

Btw if Dragon Age is your source of inspiration you should probably off yourself.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Gun to my head I'd pick up Dark Envoy. WL3 and Waylanders look average as fuck.

Btw if Dragon Age is your source of inspiration you should probably off yourself.

Everything looks average at best.

We are fucked. Last year there were a couple of surprises but it looks like we will have to wait a couple of years for another good rpg.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how now he stopped even pretending to care about the roleplaying part of the game. When he was asked what he did with Microsoft's money first, he goes: "we upped the graphics".

'k Brian. Thanks.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I liked Tower of Time a lot - probably because there was no expectation at all.
But I quickly loose interest, when I see gameplay, represented through woman character.
It's advertasing, it mean it should somehow interst me. And in this case it is not.

himmy

Arcane
I like how now he stopped even pretending to care about the roleplaying part of the game. When he was asked what he did with Microsoft's money first, he goes: "we upped the graphics".

'k Brian. Thanks.

It's not like if you have a game that's 70% done and then get some cash you're going to use it to improve the roleplaying systems. Why would you even need money for that? Of course they're gonna use it on expensive stuff like graphics of voice acting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
inXile have been talking about how you can convince Victory to join you and the consequences that'll have, so it's not true they're ignoring roleplaying. Also, 4:35 in the video.

mindfields

Learned

'k Brian. Thanks.
To be fair, WL2 did look like ass, all those generic Unity Store assets, yuck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom