Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamitate the meditation game. Role play as your best self!

Adrian Scheff

Novice
Let's get something straight asap - this is not an RPG. I'm probably making a blunder posting this on the codex but hey ... I want to share this with you guys.
Why? So you can relieve some of the stress you got from playing shitty rpg's and shitposting.
Why? So you can play MOAR games without having panic attacks.
Why? So you can be more relaxed, earn more $$$ and buy MOAR RPG's!
I'm joking. Somewhat.

In all seriousness, this is a meditation game. It's a bunch of techniques nicely bundled for easy consumption. It's at 60-70% completion rate. In a couple of months I'll probably release an Early Access version on Steam.
Made with Godot and lots of other software tools.

I'm using it myself quite often. Even in its very unpolished state I'm finding it very powerfully healing. Mentally, spiritually, emotionally.

Here's the usual links. If you want to check it out, cool. If not, also cool.
I promise, fingers crossed, that I'm going to make an RPG next. Probably the polar expedition game, about survival and tough choices in Arctic/Antarctic.

Steam Page

PLAY THE BETA if you wish!

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Is there some meditation method for people used to being bombarded by stimuli all the time? Asking for a friend.......

Adrian Scheff

Novice
Is there some meditation method for people used to being bombarded by stimuli all the time? Asking for a friend.......
Well, I think it depends on stimuli. If you're talking about a noisy environment then focusing on a certain sense would help. Eg: focus solely on body sensations, focus solely on the visual information coming through your eyes without analysis, focus on hearing raw sounds, etc. Just be careful not to do this during a dangerous job (industrial, crane operating, etc) if you don't want to have an accident. :P

Here's a quick & dirty meditation technique. Chances are you're sitting in front of your computer. Focus on the sensation of your butt touching the chair. When other thoughts or sensations appear, acknowledge them and get back to focusing on your butt touching the chair.
This is "classical" meditation technique, where you focus your attention on something and get back to that when a thought appears. You could instead use your breath as a focusing point.

PS: For a life changing book I'd recommend The Power Of Now. I have moments when I feel I've been blind all my life and I'm experiencing the world in powerful new ways (when applying the techniques described in that book).

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This picture, man.

ss_cb4f8437c38a79478c526023088537fafa01f574.1920x1080.jpg

Hardcore gamifying meditation. I feel like there's a striking metaphor to be found in this picture that tells a lot about our current day and age. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to phrase it myself... But in the time of Power Yoga and ubiquitous fitness trackers, a game like that is just a logical consequence I guess.

Anyways, good luck. It's certainly pretty unique and will prbably find its audience.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

If you can't find a quiet place to meditate, or to think, I recommend buying a good noise-canceling headset. You can wear it to block out excess stimuli for *reason*, and also plug into your music device to listen to binaural beats. I do the latter to fall asleep.

I experimented with sensory deprivation to meditate a few years ago using a combination of white noise and white blinders but stopped because I started seeing complex geometric kaleidoscope-like images whenever I closed my eyes.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let's get something straight asap - this is not an RPG. I'm probably making a blunder posting this on the codex but hey ... I want to share this with you guys.
Why? So you can relieve some of the stress you got from playing shitty rpg's and shitposting.
Why? So you can be more relaxed, earn more $$$ and buy MOAR RPG's!
I'm joking. Somewhat.

In all seriousness, this is a meditation game. It's a bunch of techniques nicely bundled for easy consumption. It's at 60-70% completion rate. In a couple of months I'll probably release an Early Access version on Steam.
Made with Godot and lots of other software tools.

I'm using it myself quite often. Even in its very unpolished state I'm finding it very powerfully healing. Mentally, spiritually, emotionally.

Here's the usual links. If you want to check it out, cool. If not, also cool.
I promise, fingers crossed, that I'm going to make an RPG next. Probably the polar expedition game, about survival and tough choices in Arctic/Antarctic.

Steam Page

Reminds me of Land of Moshi, a series of youtube videos for kids. They have some that are specifically focused on meditation, but also ones to put kids to sleep etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So who gets stressed from shitposting? And who has panic attacks from rpgs?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If you can't find a quiet place to meditate, or to think, I recommend buying a good noise-canceling headset. You can wear it to block out excess stimuli for *reason*, and also plug into your music device to listen to binaural beats. I do the latter to fall asleep.

I'm talking about using distractions and overwhelming stimuli (music, smartphone, games, news with short paragraphs) as a coping mechanism. Actually tuning out and enjoying nature, or a book, causes a quantifiable amount of mental pain. May this at least serve an example to others, so they don't repeat my mistakes.

Adrian Scheff

Novice
There's a beta version of Gamitate available. If you're interested just complete this super short Google form (30 seconds max). I’ll get back to you ASAP with details on how to activate your Gamitate beta. (I’ll send you a key which you can activate with 2 clicks on Steam and get Gamitate).

You’ll need Windows 7 or higher and Steam installed.

I can’t wait to hear about your positive mental experiences playing Gamitate! :)

Complete this very short google form and get started playing Gamitate!

[EDIT]
IF you don't feel like completing (very short) google forms just sent me a DM here.
Or a message on the dedicated discord server.

Thank you!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom