Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gedonia - Open World RPG

ntonystinson

Scholar

ABOUT THIS GAME
Gedonia is an open world roleplaying game, inspired by oldschool classics. Become a simple traveller and adventure seeker, explore huge world of Gedonia, progress your character any way you want, discover hidden treasures and mysteries and fight vast array of enemies.
Story.png

The vast world of Gedonia is a beautiful place with a lot of unexplored areas, and you are just a simple adventurer, who leaves home village in the search of a better life. But no matter which faction will you join, you are starting to notice strange events happening, that might bring something very bad to this world.
gameplay.png

• Complete freedom of building a character in any way, you can be a powerful mage, strong warrior, agile assassin, charismatic leader, skillful crafter or anything in between.
  • Join different factions with their own lore, characters, stories and quests
  • Explore and conquer scary and mysterious dungeons, find rare loot, defeat powerful bosses
  • Find and recruit unique allies to your party
  • Uncover mysteries, solve puzzles and complete platforming challenges in the world.
  • Multiple ways to complete one quest! Use raw strength, charisma or stealth skills to complete the objectives.
  • Build and decorate your own house, plant and gather plants, farm animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
So, basically, this is a game with a generic ARPG fighting system, added a random quest generator, and purchased Unity toon assets. Could be good, but that's a big hurdle of genericness to overcome. I am however, impressed by that draw distance with what seems to be a solid framerate, so the guy clearly has some talent, even if its just making a decent trailer.

Learned
  • Complete freedom of building a character in any way, you can be a powerful mage, strong warrior, agile assassin, charismatic leader, skillful crafter or anything in between.
  • Join different factions with their own lore, characters, stories and quests
  • Explore and conquer scary and mysterious dungeons, find rare loot, defeat powerful bosses
  • Find and recruit unique allies to your party
  • Uncover mysteries, solve puzzles and complete platforming challenges in the world.
  • Multiple ways to complete one quest! Use raw strength, charisma or stealth skills to complete the objectives.
  • Build and decorate your own house, plant and gather plants, farm animals.

Is there one single game that successfully does most of these, if not all?

Drowed

Arcane
It looks like a perfect example of a random guy's first project, a totally complete package with generic graphics and gameplay, and exaggerated promises that, at best, will be "technically true but not really".

Cat Dude

Savant
The art style seems pretty much inspired by Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild. Lets hope the dungeon designs are not going to be as awful or simple as Elder Scrolls and other well known crpg.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I want to check 1 game am somewhat interested in this year and not find it in early access, please I only ask for one.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry, I searched on the forum and created a thread since no thread appeared.

I want to check 1 game am somewhat interested in this year and not find in early access, please I only ask for one.

Despite being EA, is not that buggy. See Cheb's video

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm sorry, unless I'm missing something, that looks more like a BOTW-style game than a TES-inspired one.

Never played breath of the wild, but this game allow you to use cool spells like necromancy, so is probably better.
Every open world game is now Breath of the Wild according to these mindless sheep.

It was, after all, the first open world game ever made.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'm sorry, unless I'm missing something, that looks more like a BOTW-style game than a TES-inspired one.

Never played breath of the wild, but this game allow you to use cool spells like necromancy, so is probably better.
Every open world game is now Breath of the Wild according to these mindless sheep.

It was, after all, the first open world game ever made.
Oh, forgive me for seeing an anime open-world game with Zelda-style combat, constructing buildings, and climbing and assuming that's inspired by BOTW. Clearly, I'm wrong and that's absolutely TES-inspired.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1114220/view/3184615391689832252

Update 0.57a
Hello everyone! The game was just updated with version 0.57a

• You now have attack toggle in reputations tab that will allow you to fight friendly factions
  • Something I was planning to add for a long time. Now your companions will from time to time make a comments about events around them - killing a boss, getting a godd item, leveling up etc.
  • Added new bar for blood magic healing amount. This parameter was hidden before, but now you will be able to see how many heals with blood magic you have left
  • Added Kainite and Adonite arrows in crafting
  • Added search bar in loading window in main menu
  • Fixed few bugs and issues

Roadmap to 1.0

5e22c8576f6e1c1cf630a581c70a0637573f5929.jpg

This will be a final roadmap for game development. One of the biggest problems in the game for me is that after getting epic item sets there isn't any real challenging content for the people who still would like to continue to play the game. That's what I am planning to fix with these future updates. I plan to implement few fun progression systems and challenging enemies to deal with, so, you can hopefully play you character for a long time.
I'm not setting any deadlines again, because I want to focus on making it all good, and with all the crazy stuff happening in the world right now, there is a lot of uncertainty of what is goiing to happen in the future. Currently I plan to release in 1.0 at the end of 2022-beginning of 2023, and I would be happy if I managed to do it.

I also plan to give myself a vacation for a couple of months during this summer, because I didn't have a proper one for years, working on this game required a lot of effort from me, and I need to deal with a few small health problems which piled up already during these couple of years.

Mod support implementation will go accordingly to the modding roadmap, and new parts of modding support will be released along or between main content patches.

Future of dungeons mode

Originally I was planning dungeons mode to be a small buffer mode for players who are waiting between updates for the main, open world mode. It's been through a couple of iterations during development, and right now it's much more interesting than before. However, I'm still not happy with it. I've been thinking what I would've wanted to do with this mode, and come up to the conclusion that I would need to remake it again from the ground up, with a lot of development time spent on it. I would rather focus this dev time on open world mode, and not spread out my resources too thin. So, the dungeons mode will receive a couple of small bug fixes, it will stay the same during early access period, and then, closer to release, I'm going to shelve it and arena modes from main mode selection to separate bonus section. You will still be able to access it, and I don't want to delete it. Also I would use some of the work I've done on it to enrich open world experience.

Check out my youtube channel (I might post previews of new updates there, or might not):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfMlahJzjpMeLrrfRvL05A

Thank you for your support!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom