Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb Geneforge 2 - Infestation remake from Spiderweb Software

Codex Year of the Donut
Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
Was under the impression the first nethergate remake was a step down from the original so yeah room for improvement there.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could it simply be Geneforge 2? We'll see soon.
We're getting close to launching our next Kickstarter. A really exciting remaster, which is already getting lots of new fun design and stuff. More details coming soon.

Here's a newer tweet, but the KS is not for Nethergate.

Covenant

Savant
I saw the topic and assumed it was a joke, but I guess a fourth version of Exile is fine too. Zoomers are probably crying out for a version that works on their iPhones, after all.

Don't understand developers who make things compatible with ipad, iphone, shit like that. Especially Jeff's case where his whole niche is that he makes a certain type of game zoomers are unlikely to touch. If he's going to do that, I'd really prefer him put his shit on the switch. The audience crossover alone seems like it has a high chance of justifying doing any release onto any platform period. Is my 9 year old nephew likely to pick up a game that not even zoomers would touch when he sees it on the ipad store, Jeff? You're selling to the wrong audience, man. At least let the people who play shit like "Triangle Strategy" and Octopath Traveler have new overlap with your audience.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't understand developers who make things compatible with ipad, iphone, shit like that. Especially Jeff's case where his whole niche is that he makes a certain type of game zoomers are unlikely to touch. If he's going to do that, I'd really prefer him put his shit on the switch. The audience crossover alone seems like it has a high chance of justifying doing any release onto any platform period. Is my 9 year old nephew likely to pick up a game that not even zoomers would touch when he sees it on the ipad store, Jeff? You're selling to the wrong audience, man. At least let the people who play shit like "Triangle Strategy" and Octopath Traveler have new overlap with your audience.
tablet ports for complex computer wargames and rpgs sell, so someone is buying them - games like those can have very low system requirements

Codex Year of the Donut
I've been repeatedly told that the iphone/ipad market makes a lot of money, especially compared to android. I guess it makes sense, how many people who like apple products have you met that are major consoomers?

curds

Magister
I think the iPhone/iPad audience for Vogel games would actually be not so much zoomers, but rather 45+ oldfags with wife, kids, 9-5 job etc. Guys who played Ultima IV back in the day, but now don't really keep up with gaming/think they don't have time for it. Most mobile/tablet gamers I know are not zoomers but gen X/boomers. Zoomers are happy with PS/Xbox and even PC.

I've been repeatedly told that the iphone/ipad market makes a lot of money, especially compared to android. I guess it makes sense, how many people who like apple products have you met that are major consoomers?
I'm trying to piece together in my mind what the typical consoomer who buys things on the ipad looks like but I'm shooting a blank here.

I think the iPhone/iPad audience for Vogel games would actually be not so much zoomers, but rather 45+ oldfags with wife, kids, 9-5 job etc. Guys who played Ultima IV back in the day, but now don't really keep up with gaming/think they don't have time for it. Most mobile/tablet gamers I know are not zoomers but gen X/boomers. Zoomers are happy with PS/Xbox and even PC.
You'd think they'd just play on a PC then. I suppose I can see them settling into bed, next to wife, pulling out the ipad to drown out the briefing for tomorrow's yard work before they knock out.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It better not be Avernum 4. I finished that last month and I was pissed I couldn't play exclusively with a keyboard like the previous ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom