Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gentlemen of the Row: An Amazing Saints Row 2 Mod

http://idolninja.com/sr2.php

The Gentlemen of the Row Saints Row 2 Super Mod is a massive integrated collection of mods from myself and other Saints Row modders. It offers 100+ new clothing items with 80+ new logos, improved weather including a darker nighttime and more vibrant colors in daytime, plane and boat mechanics for customizing, additional missions, new vehicle dealerships, new weapons, new cribs, new homies and gang styles, new taunts and compliments, new walking styles, 100+ new ambient music tracks for purchase, more car paints, more skin colors, tattoos, makeup, optional 360/PS3 onscreen prompts, new cheat codes including NPC morphs, and tons of tweaks and bug fixes.

Probably one of the best mods for an open world action game ever. And it's still being frequently updated with new items, enhancements and whatnot.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I almost didn't remove that game from inventory after Yahtzee heaped praise on it, but I heard the PC port was shitty. Did they patch it or something?

Xor said:
I almost didn't remove that game from inventory after Yahtzee heaped praise on it, but I heard the PC port was shitty. Did they patch it or something?

The 1.1 and 1.2 patches evened it out a bit, and GotR supposedly helps as well, but I never had as much trouble as many people to begin with. GTAIV was worse for me.

Still, don't expect a completely problem free ride.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Meh.
Based on your description, it seems like 90% of this mod is dedicated to just adding a lot of additional stupid, pointless shit -- new clothing, tattoos, etc.

DriacKin said:
a lot of additional stupid, pointless shit -- new clothing, tattoos, etc.

Some of what made Saints Row 2 so good was stupid, pointless shit.

Additional bugfixes and tweaks alone make it worth the download.

Case in point about SR being partially focused on stupid shit; stuff someone pulled from the newest Game Informer's SR3 article.

“The LB button acts as a sprint button as well as a modifier. In the case of carjacking, this shortens the process down to a missile drop kick into the driver’s seat. Sprint at the car from the side and you’ll break through the window, sending the driver flying out the opposite door. Approach from the front and you’ll leap over the hood, giving the driver a face full of boot.”

The article also confirms airstrikes, rc controlled cars including a tank, customizable guns, mexican wrestling gang, driving around with a tiger in your backseat that’s trying to maul you, crazy Japanese game show activities… and the very best quote from Greg Donovan, Senior Producer:

“We want this cohesive experience where players walk away going “I can’t believe I’m seeing this. I can’t believe I’m fucking doing this.”

Angthoron

Arcane
Hmm, it sounds like they have a button that makes awesome stuff happen, too!

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Case in point about SR being partially focused on stupid shit; stuff someone pulled from the newest Game Informer's SR3 article.

“The LB button acts as a sprint button as well as a modifier. In the case of carjacking, this shortens the process down to a missile drop kick into the driver’s seat. Sprint at the car from the side and you’ll break through the window, sending the driver flying out the opposite door. Approach from the front and you’ll leap over the hood, giving the driver a face full of boot.”

The article also confirms airstrikes, rc controlled cars including a tank, customizable guns, mexican wrestling gang, driving around with a tiger in your backseat that’s trying to maul you, crazy Japanese game show activities… and the very best quote from Greg Donovan, Senior Producer:

“We want this cohesive experience where players walk away going “I can’t believe I’m seeing this. I can’t believe I’m fucking doing this.”

Awesome. Thought SR3 was supposed to be going serious and grimdark? Hopefully this one actually runs on more than 10% of PCs...

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Glad to hear SR3 is on the way. What I like most about this series is how unashamedly over-the-fucking-top it is. It doesn't try to be "emotionally engaging" or GRIMDARK, it's just good old fashioned arcade gaming. Games like this and Dead Rising are great ways to waste an afternoon.

There's also an article on Destructoid that has a lot of details:
http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-3 ... 5936.phtml

* Saints Row 3 starts with a bungled heist that sees the majority of the gang jailed. This raises the ire of a new gang, the Syndicate, which holds you and your closest allies prisoner on a jet. The gang wants to squeeze a percentage of the Saints' monthly profits, which of course leads to a fight and causes your character to jump out of the jet. That's how the Saints roll.
* Johnny Gat and Shaundi, two of your major allies from Saints Row 2, will be returning as accomplices.
* Weapons can now be upgraded. For example, you can fit sniper scopes and under-barrel grenade launchers to the assault rifle.
* Another character is Oleg, an eight-foot-tall monster of a man that can toss cars around. The Syndicate attempts to clone him, but science goes wrong and creates a bunch of dumb copies. These will show up as new enemy types in the game.
* A new RC gun lets you shoot an electronic bug that can control vehicles remotely. You will be able to upgrade it to control tanks and air transport.
* Three new gangs: Morning Star, which model themselves after masked wrestlers. The Deckers, computer nerds into money laundering and security. STAG, a government-sanctioned group designed to destroy other gangs.
* Missions can be completed in multiple ways. For instance, you could blow up an important skyscraper, or take the building over. Another example if stealing a Morning Star boat full of prostitutes -- you can sell the boat back to the gang, or keep it and pimp the girls yourself for profit.
* A traditional leveling system has been included this time. Your Respect gauge now works like experience points. You'll rank up with increased respect, and kit out your character with new perks and weapons. Player choice will be paramount.
* Cars can be upgraded with more features this time. Various aesthetic and performance tweaks will be offered, such as durable bumpers, extra speed, oversized spoilers and colored underglows. More costume options for the player character are, of course, available. Confirmed costumes include space suits, cowboys/cowgirls, cheerleaders, mexican wrestlers, superheroes, pirates, ninjas, and furries.
* New weapons include a giant dildo and tactical airstrikes. That is the most extreme spectrum I've seen.
* Every single weapon has included a specific animation for nut shots. With a pistol, you'll drop to a knee and whip the gun into the fruits. With a bazooka, you'll take a full golf swing at the tender portions.
* The button for sprinting has been dubbed the AWESOME button because, in contextual situations, it will make your character do cool things. For example, if you sprint to a car, you'll do a missile dropkick through the window to hijack cars more efficiently.
* Confirmed Activity side-missions include: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, a Japanese game show full of dangerous stunts and, I'm sure, plenty of charming racism. Tank Mayhem, in which you use a tank to destroy specific high value targets. Guardian Angel, where you must drive carefully around town with a tiger in the back of your car.
* As earlier stated, online multiplayer has been killed off, but the co-op remains intact.
:salute:

Fat Dragon said:
* Missions can be completed in multiple ways. For instance, you could blow up an important skyscraper, or take the building over. Another example if stealing a Morning Star boat full of prostitutes -- you can sell the boat back to the gang, or keep it and pimp the girls yourself for profit.
* A traditional leveling system has been included this time. Your Respect gauge now works like experience points. You'll rank up with increased respect, and kit out your character with new perks and weapons. Player choice will be paramount.

Choices and consequences in my Saints Row?

It's more likely than you think. :thumbsup:

And a kind of San Andreas light rpg aspect? Sweet.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Tycn said:
Worst running game I've ever tried. There is some sort of fix but it didn't work for me.

Yeah, I tried pretty much everything available on release and got nowhere. Tried it again a couple of months back to see if any patches/mods/drivers had improved matters at all, but it still ran like absolute shit.

Silellak

Cipher
Fat Dragon said:
Glad to hear SR3 is on the way. What I like most about this series is how unashamedly over-the-fucking-top it is. It doesn't try to be "emotionally engaging" or GRIMDARK, it's just good old fashioned arcade gaming. Games like this and Dead Rising are great ways to waste an afternoon.

There's also an article on Destructoid that has a lot of details:
http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-3 ... 5936.phtml

* Saints Row 3 starts with a bungled heist that sees the majority of the gang jailed. This raises the ire of a new gang, the Syndicate, which holds you and your closest allies prisoner on a jet. The gang wants to squeeze a percentage of the Saints' monthly profits, which of course leads to a fight and causes your character to jump out of the jet. That's how the Saints roll.
* Johnny Gat and Shaundi, two of your major allies from Saints Row 2, will be returning as accomplices.
* Weapons can now be upgraded. For example, you can fit sniper scopes and under-barrel grenade launchers to the assault rifle.
* Another character is Oleg, an eight-foot-tall monster of a man that can toss cars around. The Syndicate attempts to clone him, but science goes wrong and creates a bunch of dumb copies. These will show up as new enemy types in the game.
* A new RC gun lets you shoot an electronic bug that can control vehicles remotely. You will be able to upgrade it to control tanks and air transport.
* Three new gangs: Morning Star, which model themselves after masked wrestlers. The Deckers, computer nerds into money laundering and security. STAG, a government-sanctioned group designed to destroy other gangs.
* Cars can be upgraded with more features this time. Various aesthetic and performance tweaks will be offered, such as durable bumpers, extra speed, oversized spoilers and colored underglows. More costume options for the player character are, of course, available. Confirmed costumes include space suits, cowboys/cowgirls, cheerleaders, mexican wrestlers, superheroes, pirates, ninjas, and furries.
* New weapons include a giant dildo and tactical airstrikes. That is the most extreme spectrum I've seen.
* Every single weapon has included a specific animation for nut shots. With a pistol, you'll drop to a knee and whip the gun into the fruits. With a bazooka, you'll take a full golf swing at the tender portions.
* The button for sprinting has been dubbed the AWESOME button because, in contextual situations, it will make your character do cool things. For example, if you sprint to a car, you'll do a missile dropkick through the window to hijack cars more efficiently.
* Confirmed Activity side-missions include: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, a Japanese game show full of dangerous stunts and, I'm sure, plenty of charming racism. Tank Mayhem, in which you use a tank to destroy specific high value targets. Guardian Angel, where you must drive carefully around town with a tiger in the back of your car.
* As earlier stated, online multiplayer has been killed off, but the co-op remains intact.
:salute:
Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap.

Raapys

Arcane
Speaking of games like this, why didn't that Mercenaries WorldInFlames game get more attention? I thought it was rather decent for what it was; certainly had more fun with that than I did in, say, GTA4.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Raapys said:
Speaking of games like this, why didn't that Mercenaries WorldInFlames game get more attention? I thought it was rather decent for what it was; certainly had more fun with that than I did in, say, GTA4.

I didn't progress past the first or second story mission or so where you had to pull the driver out of the tank because it required pressing some button in a QTE and the button that showed was some console button instead of a keyboard button so I had no fucking idea what to press. After about 10 unsuccessful tries I gave up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom