Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets and Justin Cherry left Obsidian

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must say that DS3 is beginning to grow on me. The gameplay’s not my cup of tea, and I probably wouldn’t have bought it if not for the Obsidian label, but I’m having fun with it.

Divinity 2 kind of reminds me of Fable 3 a lot, the difference being that Div 2 was very fun and challenging. It also had this revolution and ruling a kingdom theme, in a way. You fight your way through lots of enemies and trials to get your dragon shape, battle tower and a couple of servants. You basically have a kingdom of your own and you have to take some steps to ensure your beloved land won't get wiped by an evil guy. Also has lots of chickens. And a chicken rune. Rabbits are cooler, though.

There’s also that bloke who was soul-forged with a chicken.

Casper: My chicken! I still haven’t found it! Have you? Where’s that hellish chicken?
PC: You might be able to find it, but don’t count your chickens.
Casper: Fiend! Chick ... I mean, kick a man when he’s down, will you?

Bioware did it first:
40-40.JPG

Sacculina

Educated
Apart from starting your own indie studio, have you considered working at/co-operating with one? As in, working outside the constraints of major productions/licensed products might give very interesting results, given your originality as a writer?
Sure - I’ve always wanted to develop a new IP, and it’s a rare opportunity in the industry. With the right team, I would consider an indie project (or starting a studio).

Cautious :bounce:

George Ziets - GZ - GZA?:smug:

GZ = Jizzy

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
CGizzy

referencing computer art, chickens, george ziets, untamed essence of man and trendy urban culture

five references for six letters

Marobug

The good side to this is there's now a chance that ziets, cherry and other employees from obsidian who were fired (or are about to) may start their own indie ventures, kinda like molyneux, free of all the corporate bullshit and free to do whatever they want. I just shat myself just by thinking about it.

thesoup

Arcane
He should ask Fargo for a job.:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom