Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

cb.spike

Educated
Ok, so it is save to say that if you are not super indie (Iron Tower) or studio saved by Kickstarter and than maybe also bought by Microsoft (Obsidian, Larian, inXile) you are out of the CRPG making game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Multiple projects seems odd for a group with 13-or-so employees but I suppose you have to have multiple irons in the fire to not get wiped out. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the way a remote work studio like Digimancy operates is you have a very small core team plus a bunch of freelancey associates who might be doing part-time work for other studios. So you can afford to keep putting together and pitching prototypes until something works out.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
More than two years passed and they barely have anything to show for it, such a shame. I doubt they've done much work on those other projects but I hope they have something tangible soon.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Our game was indeed canceled by the publisher, and we had to let about half our team go. (Ugh.) Digimancy is still alive, though, and we’re talking to other potential partners… and continuing to work on our internal game. (My co-owner and I created a rough prototype back in 2019-2020 before we signed the publisher project.)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Our game was indeed canceled by the publisher, and we had to let about half our team go. (Ugh.) Digimancy is still alive, though, and we’re talking to other potential partners… and continuing to work on our internal game. (My co-owner and I created a rough prototype back in 2019-2020 before we signed the publisher project.)
I wish you and your studio the best of luck. I hope things work out for you guys.

Will you be show off your cancelled game to new publisher, or will you be pitching a new project.

Whatever it is, Godspeed.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't know if this has been said already in this thread, but "digimancer" sounds like something your pleased girlfriend might call you :)
It's probably the mix of words "digital" and "necromancer" which probably stands for "digital mage" in a way.

The suffix mancer comes from the greek μάντης which basically means diviner, and can be affixed to pretty much anything, from pyromancer and necromancer to oneiromancer and yes, digimancer.

Camel

Scholar
Good luck and I hope your studio and you can make something on par with the Mask of Betrayer.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know if this has been said already in this thread, but "digimancer" sounds like something your pleased girlfriend might call you :)
It's probably the mix of words "digital" and "necromancer" which probably stands for "digital mage" in a way.

The suffix mancer comes from the greek μάντης which basically means diviner, and can be affixed to pretty much anything, from pyromancer and necromancer to oneiromancer and yes, digimancer.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Internal game" sounds very promising with respect to whether it will end up something I'd want to play. Hopefully we will hear more about it soon.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Too bad Paradox pulled the plug. Is the game you keep making based & redpilled RPG with strategy elements? Or some Fruit-Ninja 2 for MetaVerse

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
> What kind of worlds and stories would YOU like to see us make?

Full of soy, agenda, homo faggots and diverse cast. With a ton of balance and unnecessarily long, unedited texts. What else do you think we want in 2022? What are you some kind of biggots or racists over there at Digimancy?

Ironically, this is exactly what they'll deliver anyway, no matter what you tell them.

Digimancy's Twitter and Facebook accounts are rather active lately.
Must have hired a PR manager, that's all. It's all fake to create bydlo hype.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Full of soy, agenda, homo faggots and diverse cast. With a ton of balance and unnecessarily long, unedited texts. What else do you think we want in 2022? What are you some kind of biggots or racists over there at Digimancy?

Ironically, this is exactly what they'll deliver anyway, no matter what you tell them.

I've never played a Ziets game (Mask of the Betrayer, Dungeon Siege III, Wasteland 3) that had "unnecessarily long, unedited texts" or political lectures. :M

Butter

Arcane
Patron

I've never played a Ziets game (Mask of the Betrayer, Dungeon Siege III, Wasteland 3) that had "unnecessarily long, unedited texts" or political lectures. :M
iu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom