Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
iu

He was in charge of the area design for the The Bloom, not the overall narrative.

Do not think old Ziets is the same as this one. Time changes every game dev, as we have seen so far.

Wasteland 3 was released in 2020. :M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are also having their studio members talk a wee bit about themselves. I thank they've done two or three such tweets. At least it will give us an idea about who works there.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I've never played a Ziets game (Mask of the Betrayer, Dungeon Siege III, Wasteland 3) that had "unnecessarily long, unedited texts" or political lectures. :M
Maybe because the last Ziets game you played was MOTB some number of decades ago. As for DS3 and W3 I can't discuss, I don't consume inane boring shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh right a new job posting for level designer: https://digimancygames.com/jobs#level-designer

It suggests that they're now making a first-person, open world, AAA game.

At Digimancy Entertainment, we love role-playing games, and we’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players. We’re a distributed, 100% remote studio, founded by industry veterans who are known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience.

We are seeking an experienced Level Designer with proven experience in building levels for first-person AAA games.

This long-term contract position is remote work and does not require relocation. You will be collaborating with other disciplines to develop engaging and memorable gameplay ideas and bring them to life. If this sounds like you, please apply!

Job Duties / Responsibilities

- Design captivating open-world game environments that enhance both gameplay and quest experiences for the player.
- Maintain a playable level design from early blockout and on through final polish.
- Collaborate with narrative design, combat, art, and other disciplines to showcase core game mechanics, key missions, and storytelling components of each playable zone into level designs.
- Iterate, optimize, and improve level design in response to internal testing and executive feedback

Qualifications

- Experience working on one or more shipped AAA titles as a Level Designer
- Proven understanding and expertise with at least one 3D Game Development environment such as Unity, Unreal, CRYENGINE, proprietary game engines, etc.
- Proven track record of working harmoniously within a team to achieve major development milestones in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain focused and productive when working remotely.
- Proficient in English

Pluses

- Artistic skills such as modeling or 2D drawing.
- Ability to write shippable in-game text and/or design quests.
- A passion for story-driven RPGs and RPG-hybrids.

deuxhero

Arcane
If not for the timeline (starting before the old company was canned) I'd say they're the ones trying to salvage Bloodlines 2. Maybe they quietly moved them from some other product to BL2?

Well, there goes to show you should not expect anything at the same level as Disco Elysium from ZAUM.

Regarding Olga, it's been pointed out by a codexer she was one of the weaker Disco writers, and also she's not a marxist like the other people at ZAUM. Which is decline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
proven experience in building levels for first-person AAA games.

Design captivating open-world game environments

:what:

If not for the timeline (starting before the old company was canned) I'd say they're the ones trying to salvage Bloodlines 2. Maybe they quietly moved them from some other product to BL2?

BL2 isn't open world, at least it wasn't. I suppose it could be one now, which would be funny. They could also be a support studio for Avowed or The Outer Worlds 2 or not-Arcanum 3 or even Starfield. The first person action RPG is very well-saturated at this point (will Ubisoft's new Might and Magic game also be first person?), I'd be surprised if it's something they're working entirely on their own.

Preserving skyway's old image:
3B7H0av.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
proven experience in building levels for first-person AAA games.

Design captivating open-world game environments

:what:

BL2 isn't open world, at least it wasn't. I suppose it could be one now, which would be funny. They could also be a support studio for Avowed or The Outer Worlds 2 or not-Arcanum 3 or even Starfield. The first person action RPG is very well-saturated at this point (will Ubisoft's new Might and Magic game also be first person?), I'd be surprised if it's something they're working entirely on their own.

Preserving skyway's old image:
3B7H0av.jpg
What's top left? That Due sex game?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BL2 isn't open world, at least it wasn't. I suppose it could be one now, which would be funny.

Perhaps it is open world not in the "big seamless world without loading screens" sense that is more about the technical and presentation side but in the "you can go anywhere" sense that is more about the world gameplay side, like in Fallout 1/2. BL1 wasn't like that since areas opened gradually but there isn't really much of a reason (aside from scripting) that it couldn't have been designed so you could visit all areas from the beginning of the game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Perhaps it is open world not in the "big seamless world without loading screens" sense that is more about the technical and presentation side but in the "you can go anywhere" sense that is more about the world gameplay side, like in Fallout 1/2. BL1 wasn't like that since areas opened gradually but there isn't really much of a reason (aside from scripting) that it couldn't have been designed so you could visit all areas from the beginning of the game.
Back when Hardsuit was doing it, they said you could visit every hub from the start with no plotgates in your way.

It would be cause for alarm if they were making new levels for it instead of repurposing what they inherited. :M

Diggfinger

Arcane
Full of soy, agenda, homo faggots and diverse cast. With a ton of balance and unnecessarily long, unedited texts. What else do you think we want in 2022? What are you some kind of biggots or racists over there at Digimancy?

Ironically, this is exactly what they'll deliver anyway, no matter what you tell them.

I've never played a Ziets game (Mask of the Betrayer, Dungeon Siege III, Wasteland 3) that had "unnecessarily long, unedited texts" or political lectures. :M

How much did Ziets do on WL3?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom