Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's not a gray area.

The only way it's a gray area is if you consider the megaman games to be open world too.

In Mega Man you select your levels from a hub, it's hub and spoke. :P

How much did Ziets do on WL3?

He was the lead designer, but he left about a year before it released.

Modron

Arcane
Preserving skyway's old image:
3B7H0av.jpg
Notice how he puts tires nearly front and center, truly the work of an artist.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Senior International Brand Manager for the Anno series is mutually following them. An Anno RPG? :P

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
and then the company loses at least 3/5 of the writers who worked on it.

They did? Or this is just hyperbole?
Cash and Olga are Digimancers now. According to some paywalled article, Robert was fired and this is corroborated by ZAUM referring to Helen as "lead writer" even though she certainly wasn't https://twitter.com/discoelysium/status/1387417007562371076 https://twitter.com/atelierZAUM/status/1435177394516672513

Olga left over a year before the game came out. It sounded messy. She might not have been the only departure at the time—there was definitely a moment where they were very short-handed. I guess not everyone thrives under that Sendero Luminoso management style.

If anybody’s still in touch with Junta, he would know what, if anything, happened with RK.

KafkaBot

Scholar
I'd play a time traveling game written by George Ziets in a heartbeat. Like, I would tell the rest of my backlog to fuck off and get started on it immediately.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jeez, running D&D campaigns at 9 years old?
Yes, I too sacked the outpost of Venarium at the age of 11.
It helped that it had already been sacked centuries before, but don't let the details trouble you.

@GZiets might have mentioned that before though.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's around the age my friends and I started playing PnP. I wouldn’t say they were the most productive or mature tabletop sessions, and we were almost always playing published one-shots, but we were all capable of understanding the rules and participating.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, yeah?

As kids not glued to screens we were motivated, man. You get yourself a starter set, and learn to play with friends. It's the perfect age to start.

If we can read CYOA books we can run simple campaigns, especially if there's a pre-written scenario to use as a starting point. I was reading The Hobbit, LotR and bunch of other books at that age.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess not everyone thrives under that Sendero Luminoso management style.

Elaborate. What does this means?
Is strange to say that not everyone thrives, when the game was one of the most successful RPGs in the past decade.

What does the quality of the game have to do with whether or not ZA/UM is a good place to work?

Lots of writers left the studio; two of them are now at Digimancy. Obviously not everyone thrives. I don’t know if this is still the case without Kurvitz, but it was an extremely high intensity workplace.

I think people forget that basic D&D really was basic.
We played AD&D2E because that’s what was getting pushed at the stores at the time, and as I’m sure you know it’s substantially more complex than the basic sets were. We mostly played at the hobby shop because only a couple of us had player’s handbook, and I think it was a Christmas or two before anybody got the DMG and the hobby shop guys would let us borrow one and also use their complete Monstrous Compendium. They were nice guys to let a bunch of snot-nosed punks hang out in their space and get their grubby hands all over their books.

I do remember us making fun of one of my friends’ younger brother when he kept asking us what THAC0 was again, but he was a year or two younger than us.

Sentinel

Arcane
https://twitter.com/frailgesture/status/1513990835989217285?s=20&t=y_uzmcCBNGAdMEtXgZNOqA
Had a real good time catching up with
@gziets
and chatting about Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer the other day! This video is a lot of cave-delving but hopefully the conversation is interesting!
https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/a-dev-chat-about-mask-of-the-betrayer/2970-21537
I just watched this, and this was the gbomb guy monologuing about his gaming experiences for 1h20m. what a massive waste of time. And he never finishes a thought too, always goes off on tangents. Ziets barely got a word in.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Social media breeds narcism, not shocking those that make a living by posting their garbage takes on yt are narcissists.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Show some respect. Alpha Protocol wouldn't have been possible without Matthew Rorie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom