Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Yeah, not a big fan of the format of the show or the interviewer.

Not only was he monologuing and interrupting Ziets too much, he couldn't even stay on a single train of thought. Constantly jumping from topic to topic, or reacting to things happening in the game.

The whole thing just lacked focus. Why are you wasting time asking the narrative lead about mundane D&D rules or gameplay mechanics that neither of you are experts in?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not only was he monologuing and interrupting Ziets too much, he couldn't even stay on a single train of thought. Constantly jumping from topic to topic, or reacting to things happening in the game.

The whole thing just lacked focus.

Game journo is RETARDED and possibly STONED, Codexers everywhere are SHOCKED! This and more news at the top of the hour!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's a thing with George and Annie VanderMeer:

Join us to discover the intricate journey of trying to push the boundaries in narrative design. Together with esteemed and experienced panelists we will be discussing our journey to find fun and challenging core gameplay in narrative-focused games without resorting to established mechanics like combat. Let's discuss how to push the medium from the narrative angle!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Guy who mingles with such retards who would want 90% of Codex dead, and are unable to change a lightbulb but wanna change society into mental asylum so they can feel at home, has 0% chance of making based cRPG. Let us stop fooling ourselves. 43 pages of self-gaslighting is enough. /Thread unwatched

Viata

Arcane
Guy who mingles with such retards who would want 90% of Codex dead, and are unable to change a lightbulb but wanna change society into mental asylum so they can feel at home, has 0% chance of making based cRPG. Let us stop fooling ourselves. 43 pages of self-gaslighting is enough. /Thread unwatched
What is interesting is that it is already 3 years since this thread was created. Yet, we got nothing so far. kek

Kedar

Educated
Tranny, Soyboy and Feminist. What a splendid D&D company our George has chosen as his party on quest for good writting

Our dystopia is fucking hilarious

Which one is supposed to be trans? Asking for a friend.

Also, I'd wager they're all feminist.

jungl

Augur
Its funny how western game developers all about pushing narrative to new heights trying hard as fuck to snatch that section of the hipster gamer market who watches stuff like critical role and throws money at games like disco esylum and divinity original sin but only clocks 1 hour in these games.

Meanwhile elden ring chads narrative designers with their goofy bare bone jap engrish story 10 million units sold

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Assume he's just doing what he has to to not make a scene unless you have additional evidence to the contrary.

Are you sure it was him who ended that relationship?

I can confirm through my own research on the matter that he did not initiate the divorce.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So just by looking at the intro, Ziets says they're working on a couple of things for other studios, and one in-house game. Narrative-focussed, with non-lethal combat mechanics they're experimenting with. That's interesting.

Wunderbar

Arcane
So just by looking at the intro, Ziets says they're working on a couple of things for other studios, and one in-house game. Narrative-focussed, with non-lethal combat mechanics they're experimenting with. That's interesting.
sawyer outsourced his prester john game to digimancy

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
should be placed as the banner of this website or something to save everyone the trouble from making all of these countless threads and wasting hours and pages upon pages on speculating about whether or not some game will be good when there is really 0% chance it will be good. it was liberating for me when I realized this myself, around the time when Obsidian was making Tyranny and they had an interview with the writing team, and the writing team member's inspirations were stuff like Marvel comics or Fallout 3 and The Walking Dead TV show; and I had the realization that "oh ok these retards could never possibly make anything I would be interested in, why should I bother even wondering about the possibility." and it has only gotten worse now. it's like giving a bunch of babies a bowl of spaghetti and then everyone stands around and discusses about how there is a totally real chance that these babies will now make us a state of the art skyscraper. it's fucking stupid.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yeah, when you stop eating up false hope, things are rather simple. Life, politics, women. All is rather simple once you trim all the fat lies told by society and repeated by yourself

I mean it's not like there are no good games or RPGs made recently. King Arthur: Knight's Tale, ATOM:Trudograd, Vagrus, Gothic: Archelos, Elden Ring. Those are from past 10 months alone, and guarantee at least 200h of monocled entertainment. +100 TOP Codex RPGs and many more

If you have any semblance of life, why waste it on being worried wether one more RPG you might even not find time to play in this life will get made or not? Who gives a fuck, tbh. If game is woke or made by woke, I just press SKIP button

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom