Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout GFWL finally removed from Fallout 3 on Steam

ferratilis

Magister
Bethesda finally removed GFWL from Fallout 3, but didn't bother to do anything else, like adding achievements through Steamworks. Eat shit for life, Todd.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/22370/view/2993196769824312887
Fallout 3: Game of the Year - Update 1.7.0.4
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition has been updated and no longer installs Games for Windows Live dependencies. If Fallout 3 was previously installed on Steam, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the title.

The title no longer requires Games for Windows Live and will now launch.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Bethesda finally removed GFWL from Fallout 3, but didn't bother to do anything else, like adding achievements through Steamworks. Eat shit for life, Todd.

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition has been updated and no longer installs Games for Windows Live dependencies. If Fallout 3 was previously installed on Steam, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the title.

Enjoy having all your mods rekt because the script extender no longer works.

J0yvT9p.jpeg

ferratilis

Magister

Enjoy having all your mods rekt because the script extender no longer works.

J0yvT9p.jpeg
He's on a rampage:
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/1...-expected-to-break-skse-and-native-code-mods/
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition Expected to Break SKSE and Native Code Mods

Wunderbar

Arcane

The game has been updated and no longer installs Games for Windows Live dependencies. If Fallout 3 was previously installed on Steam, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the title.

a perfect reason to replay this masterpiece :troll:

typical user

Arbiter
I remember back when Games for Windows Live was so scuffed, I could use my GTA IV serial-key to turn pirated games into legit versions with achievements like Fallout 3 or even Episodes of Liberty City without paying a dime.

Kinda funny it was developed by Microsoft whose software is used literally everywhere from medical equipment, ATMs, public transit ad-screens to some basement dwellers PCs still running WinXP on it (and covered in Doritos).

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys. I'm pretty interested in returning to this game sometime soon. I want to play it on the hardest difficulty as a dungeon crawler basically, while also replaying the story I finished on release. Heh. I have tinkered with the game over the years but haven't seen 75% of the dungeons, mostly stuck to the story as I said and explored maybe 15-20 dungeons TOPS. So it should be fun as a first person shooter crawler. :) Thanks again Wunderbar for the good news!

Modders will fix it, the Todd remains immaculate.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24913

Fallout Anniversary Patcher

A patcher / downgrader tool for Fallout 3 that makes running a modded game a more comfortable experience.

Features
  • Downgrades the game from October 2021 update (1.7.0.4) to 1.7.0.3 which is widely supported by other mods, most notably FOSE
  • Removes Games for Windows Live (xlive.dll is no longer loaded by the game)
  • Makes the game 4GB aware
  • Automatically loads FOSE when using Fallout3.exe to start the game (if FOSE is installed)
  • Fixes a file handle limit and mod limit bug
  • Supports latest Steam and GOG versions of the game, both GOTY and regular editions.

Installation
  • Unpack the contents of the archive to Fallout 3 installation folder and run Patcher.exe.
  • You will see black console window with a log of the process. No input is required, but it will tell you if any error has occurred.
  • When it's done, start the game in any preferred way - through Steam, GOG, the launcher, or any mod manager.

Notes
  • Using fose_loader.exe is not required after running the patcher - launch Fallout3.exe instead.
  • This is a binary patcher that does not redistribute any copyrighted files or facilitate piracy in any way. A legitimate copy of the game is required to use it.
  • If the patcher gives "Invalid executable" error, verify your game files on Steam/GOG and make sure the game is up to date.
  • This patcher should not be used for installing TTW 3.2, instead use this downgrader. It downgrades the executable without additional modifications, making it work with TTW installer.

thesecret1

Arcane
I tried replaying this recently, thinking "It can't be as bad as I remember it, it's running on the same stuff as New Vegas, after all!" Boy, was I wrong :D Maybe I'll try again someday, but only in the hopes that modders have fixed it.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder if this was done for Steam Deck compatibility.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I tried replaying this recently, thinking "It can't be as bad as I remember it, it's running on the same stuff as New Vegas, after all!" Boy, was I wrong :D Maybe I'll try again someday, but only in the hopes that modders have fixed it.

The content is shit, no mod will ever fix that.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Okay multiposting is bad but I'm going to do it anyway, this is important.

FO3 is widely regarded as the worst Fallout game, perhaps tied with FO4, when viewed against the backdrop of all the Fallouts (including 1,2, and Tactics). The story is terrible, the story choices are terrible, the voice acting is terrible, VATS is terrible, melee combat is terrible, the role-playing opportunities are terrible. It is all terrible. I ask again: who is still playing this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom