Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Give me the TLDR, how should one play Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 in 2021?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ahead to BG2, and what do folk reckon to the Stalker kit as far as having fun goes?
Backstab is nice, but I don't really use backstab, at least not in scs. And it's hardly efficient to use it during combat via potions or rings of invisibility over regular attacking on imroved haste. And if you don't use backstab you get armor of faith, which is weak until late soa levels in exchange for 5 stars in weapons of choice.

Valygar is in my party now and he's mostly just a weaker warrior.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
All you really need is to install the game with EE and enjoy. Played it several times with just base EE. Don't listen to these contrarian, autistic phaggots with their 10+ mod lists.
I just finished BG2 and that's about right if you just want to go in with as little headache as possible. No particular setup, some QoL, I remember talks about bugs at release but can't say I've encountered any. Unless you're personally invested in not supporting Beamdog, which is fair (I didn't support them either, eh), the EE are what a newcomer should default to. Add ReShade for Sharpen+Levels+Vibrance+CRT and you're set.

The new companions are a drop in the ocean, you can just ignore or blitz them, that's forced outrage if I ever see it; plus honestly just fucking lel at that revisionist take where they are noticeably bad compared to the originals. This is BioWare we're talking about for fuck's sake, you could probably swap Beamdog and BioWare companions to a clueless first-timer and he would be hard-pressed to tell you which is a monocled original and which is a cringe insert between Aerie, Neera, Jan, Dorn or Nalia. Odds are he would think Edwin is obviously a trans pandering Beamdog insert.

Minsc is an EE thing, right? "Go for the eyes?" "Stinky evil?" Wtf, seriously? :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom