Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Giving Troika games another go

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Dear fellow angry grouches, since there's nothing interesting out on the market I've decided to replay some of my older games, namely Arcanum and Bloodlines. ToEE will remain on the shelf, great combat, rest of the game terrible.

Should I bother with the unofficial patches/mods for Bloodlines or just go with the official one? Any other mods available that are worth trying?

What mods for Arcanum are worth installing? Mostly interested in tech related mods. If you suggest anything by chrisbeddoes, I'll insult your mom.

Definitely go for the unofficial patch for Bloodlines. Once I did, there was no turning back.

For Arcanum I use that level cap-remover, due to the munchkin in me, and that stashaway on the boat (also because of the munchkin). I've tried that car-mod, and it was lame.

Edit:
Azael said:
Should I bother with the unofficial patches/mods...
Plural? Are there more than one? Other than the unofficial patch? Been quite awhile since I've played Bloodlines now, I admit.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I just started playing Bloodlines and I would recommend the unofficial patch. Without it the game crashed several times, however after I installed it I found out that there is an actual tutorial that has been added in. I believe that there is also a considerable amount of other features, like backgrounds.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Dementia Praecox said:
Plural? Are there more than one? Other than the unofficial patch? Been quite awhile since I've played Bloodlines now, I admit.

Well, there's different versions of the unofficial patches. I haven't found any other mods, which is why I asked.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There isn't really much in the way of Arcanum mods. Troika themselves released six small modules, but I've only used simple, unofficial fixes to the main game, so I can't comment on any of them.

LCJr.

Erudite
Dementia Praecox said:
I've tried that car-mod, and it was lame.

Guess you weren't around when Chris Beddoes was spamming the forums. Stupid people make stupid mods.

LCJr. said:
Dementia Praecox said:
I've tried that car-mod, and it was lame.

Guess you weren't around when Chris Beddoes was spamming the forums. Stupid people make stupid mods.
I was, but I had forgot. I made the connection when I checked by terra-arcanum, just now.
Had to look up some of his posts for laughs.

Fez

Erudite
It was quite fun coming in and seeing what today's big alert and doomsday prediction was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom