Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious PC games for 3 players, are there any?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Maybe codex is the wrongest place ever to as a question like this, but are there any good PC games that can be played by three players simultaneously? Meaning that we take three game pads, connect them to one PC and have some fun? Yeah, I know, it's kinda unprestigious for a codexer to indulge in such activities, but me and my best friend want to entertain a common friend of ours a bit (we have some serious reasons to do so, mind you) and he is not as :monocle: in his game tastes as we are (not to mention that you can't really hotseat RPGs... I mean, I guess you could take Knight of the Chalice and control one character each, but that would be silly and not that awesome). And we can't just hotseat HoMM either since small maps in 1 vs 1 vs 1 is kinda funky and large ones will take, like, forever to finish. So we're looking for some dumb arcade fun. Right on my mind currently are two options - Trine and Worms (well, worms are not so arcadey, obviously, but still they are an excellent party game). Are there any other options approved by the deeply inclined codexian judgement?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Mame +
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom/Shadows over Mystara
Captain America and the Avengers
X-Men

yes I like beat em ups you wanna fight about it

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Mame +
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom/Shadows over Mystara
Captain America and the Avengers
X-Men

yes I like beat em ups you wanna fight about it
Simpsons
NBA Jam
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Sunset Riders
Rampage
NFL Blitz
Gauntlet 1 - 432
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
Cowboys of Moo Mesa
Knights of the Round
King of the Monsters & sequels

Found a thread with a crazy list a couple posts down: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=872316029a37e7a58a103b3f27de7cfc&topic=71099.0

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Did castle crashers ever get a PC version? that's our usual 3-4 player timewaster on the xbawkz while we wait for more BROs to show.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The first two Serious Sam games (meaning The First Encounter and Second Encounter). The split screen co-op is insanely fun on the hardest difficulty level.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Worms 2 hotseat with a bunch of female classmates is the best thing ever.

Seconding Turtles in Time

ten-four-player-greats-20111219111857999.jpg

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanx, Codex. It's good to know that in anything game-related you can be well trusted on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom