Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

GOG.com

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Chuck Norris, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    I'm just going to buy expansions for my existing games for now.
    Plenty of stuff on Steam that I'm interested in that's too "niche" for GOG anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Walden Learned

Walden
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    And here I thought the main page changes were related to the 10 year sale and would be temporary. Nevertheless, the redesign can be salvaged it if they:

1) bring back the "news" section to the top;
    2) provide a link to the weekly sales page and other seasonal sales instead of those squares. Curiously enough the links still exist if you check the related news posts.
    3) cut down on the javascript. The front page is non-functional if you have it disabled by default.

It isn't all bad, still stand by the revamped review system although it is baffling how they lost a couple of them in the process and removed line breaks from the existing ones.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. visions Arcane

visions
    The fact that weekly sales are buried is inscrutable. As it is, I cba to check out any sale except for things on my wishlist. I won't even bother with any sale except the big ones when nearly everything is on sale now. Looking through the sales as they are presented now wastes too much time and is too annoying.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    New site design is "awesome" - I posted a review of Legend of Grimrock and it vanished along with the "write a review" button. GOG support told me that it is a common problem and they are working on it.

I guess that 10th anniversary must have took them by surprise and they did not manage to test the new site on time, or even show it to someone with any sense of aesthetics.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • nice nice x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    You're welcome:
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 10
    • hopw roewur ne x 3
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    FFS.
    Now there's this:
    [​IMG]

• Nuke it from orbit x 4
    • Despair x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Rage x 2
    • /facepalm/ x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Except you have to scroll down and click through pages and pages of stuff. Instead of having a handy list ready like it was before. You can access the handy list, but you have to scroll all the way down to the news posts and find the article for the sale, click that and click the link in the article. That's what I mean by needlessly obtuse. It's not hard, just not elegant and has too many pointless clicks.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Fronzel Neekburm Arcane Patron

Fronzel Neekburm
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    When you check out the "Now on sale" section, you will see a total of 21 games discounted. There currently are 33 games discounted.

All your screenshot proves is what a complete and utter failure the redesign is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    I can't navigate the site for shit and before you call me a dumbass I am dumbass which makes me the majority which makes this new site bad.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morkar Left Guest

Morkar Left
    EVEN WORSE, IF YOU USE GOG GALAXY YOU GET IT TOO SMASHED RIGHT IN YOUR FACE WITH EVERYTHING FULLY ANIMATED!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Clicking on the Sales tab is one click, and it is under the top Store tab. They can't shove everything in one page, so obviously some of them has to be put under a different tab.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Wot? There's no Awesome Button?

• No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Only Cleve has that button.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. hellbent Augur

hellbent
    The other day I noticed that GOG's new code monkeys accidentally reversed the "helpful" review ratings for a day or so. In other words, if 10 out of 50 GOGers actually found a review helpful, the system reversed the numbers and showed that 40 out of 50 thought the review was helpful.

The result was that typical shitty 1/5 reviews by people bitching about their Mac not running a game or others crying about pricing were viewed as "most helpful" for a bit there.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • nice nice x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    Man the new GOG web design is retarded

I'm bored and want to throw some money at games I'll never play but their page is actively preventing me from doing that

Thanks, I guess?

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    IIRC it was removed due to music licensing issues, has the "offending" music been removed from the game, or did they just renew the license or something? Do we know at all?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Dreed Bremsstrahlunged Patron

Dreed
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    According to Remedy the music is the same, and Microsoft paid for it:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Reading about how bad the new GOG redesign isn't quite the same as actually experiencing it for yourself. Yikes. The splash page advertisement before allowing me to go to the actual site is the cherry on top of the shit cake. And just as I was beginning to migrate from Steam to GOG too. I'll have to rethink my plans again since the site is an embarrassing mess.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    GOG has a freaking splash page now?

:what:

• Yes Yes x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  22. Strange Fellow Kalinite Sympathiser Patron

Strange Fellow
    No it isn't, unless the offer expired less than 16 minutes ago. :?

In the process of looking the game up, I found that typing something in the search bar and pressing Enter no longer brings up a separate page of results. Oh GOG, is there anything about your website you've yet to ruin at this point?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It is free, just refresh the page few times until you get 100% off, I added it as a gift.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Blackstaff Arbiter

Blackstaff
    • incline x 5
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Goldfist x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Absolutely Haram x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.