Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Modron

Arcane
Speaking of Gothic, the older Gothic II installers would let you choose if you wanted the expansion or not. These days the whole thing is bundled, which doesn't make sense. Why not let people have options? There's also VtM: Bloodlines being modded ouf of the box, couldn't find a link to the game in a vanilla state. Want it? Then buy it on Steam.
Yeah SMAC is like that as well no way to acquire just the base game without heading onto the high seas.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Speaking of Gothic, the older Gothic II installers would let you choose if you wanted the expansion or not. These days the whole thing is bundled, which doesn't make sense. Why not let people have options? There's also VtM: Bloodlines being modded ouf of the box, couldn't find a link to the game in a vanilla state. Want it? Then buy it on Steam.
Yeah SMAC is like that as well no way to acquire just the base game without heading onto the high seas.

Its just the install pack you have to download though (which still kinda sucks), you can deselect Alien Crossfire in the install options.

Dux good point mate, although most of the time GoG has the decency to add the legacy versions as a "goodie". It's really just Beamdog who seem to be hellbent to erase any memory of the original versions of the games they butchered, which really tells all one needs to know about this company.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane

Alien Crossfire has a seperate exe that doesn't affect the base game, so having both installed is no issue.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

PorkBarrellGuy

Wow that's a pretty shitty sale,only one of the 13 games of my wishlist is on sale right now(Wizards and Warriors),in fact other games that are both on my steam and gog wishlists are on sale on steam while they aren't on gog(Phantom Doctrine,Cuphead,Unavowed and others).

Wtf gog?

Given it isn't even actually Black Friday yet I wonder if they're going to "ramp it up" somehow going into Friday (and then maybe turn around and do a Cyber Monday sale)

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Interesting.

Earlier this year GOG adjusted its prices to account for my country's ludicrious VAT rate (24.5%) so they were always at least a couple of bucks above the norm, which really put a hamper on me making GOG purchases.

Now I look at my wishlist and see that the VAT price hike seems to be gone. A notable example is The Witcher 3 now costing roughly $7 less for me than it did at the start of this month.

Shame that the discounted items on my wishlist all suck or are still way too high.

Maybe the Christmas sale will be nicer to me.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hmm, Lands of Lore series is in offer as well. Don't know if I should buy or not. Also I still got the original CDs at home (which can't be installed on newer systems though).

...but then again, when will I replay these games anyway?

The only motivation to replay them is to play them differently than in the past, like speedrunning them? The 2nd and 3rd part are both excellent for speedruns, because it only takes 1 hour. But still not sure that is reason enough to rebuy them :roll:

Solid Snail

Learned
It seems GOG is gifting stuff from people's wishlist, check if you received a mail stating they added something from your wishlist to your account. People reported they have given pretty much only Telltale games, so probably, since a delist is incoming, they are gifting those titles left and right.

Melcar

Arcane
It seems GOG is gifting stuff from people's wishlist, check if you received a mail stating they added something from your wishlist to your account. People reported they have given pretty much only Telltale games, so probably, since a delist is incoming, they are gifting those titles left and right.

Nice, I got Tales of Monkey Island for free

Really? All I got was an item placed into my shopping cart. That was really weird. Some bullshit game that I don't even know about.

Adon

Arcane
I’m curious about 3 games right now and hopefully fellow codexers can help me out on whether or not I should get them.

Daikatana, Bioforge, and Killing Time.

Daikatana seems to have a bad rep, but I wonder how much of that is properly founded; or if by the pure nature of modern day decline it’ll seem a lot better in retrospect?

Bioforge seems a bit mixed with people praising the narrative with the gameplay being clunky. I can deal with that if that is the case.

And my interest in Killing Time is more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah GOG gives for fee some games from wishlist.
Problem is that i have trouble finding those and it has been a while since i bought anything on GOG.

I have currently three games under "new":

System Shock2
Syberia
Xenonauts

I think i bought from those only SS2. So i got 2 games ? Or just my memory is so shitty...

edit: scratch that i got all 3 of them on GOG. I checked my purchases and gifts and none of them were on list.
edit2: scratch that i found receipt for SS2. So Syberia and Xenonauts.

You can see easily what is newest game by just switching order to latest purchases.

INCLINE.

I’m curious about 3 games right now and hopefully fellow codexers can help me out on whether or not I should get them.

Daikatana, Bioforge, and Killing Time.

Daikatana seems to have a bad rep, but I wonder how much of that is properly founded; or if by the pure nature of modern day decline it’ll seem a lot better in retrospect?

Bioforge seems a bit mixed with people praising the narrative with the gameplay being clunky. I can deal with that if that is the case.

And my interest in Killing Time is more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

Daikatana is fun shooter though don't expect anything amazing.
Most of the problems with game were patched after release (like broken af companion AI)

Imho if you want some fun old shooter go for SHOGO which is pure fun.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Speaking on which SHOGO is on promo $2.84

other:
- Freespace2 $2.84
- Descent 3 $2.84
- MDK $0.78
- MDK2 $1.5
- vampire the maasquarade redemption $1.49

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Checked if I got any games, but only found this:

GhWpATM.jpg

Can't say I have seen that bug before.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hey, you library is similar to mine, except IW2 (got this one on disc for like $3 with IWD complete).
No idea what's causing Game Overlay apperance, no idea why Potatoes currency option is vanishing too.
Nothing have cause and reason.
This whole new design is a mess and mystery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom