Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That later one... Forgotten Sands?... was mostly hated for the always online DRM it had at the time, but it's far from a bad game. Basically Sands of Time but with better graphics. I believe the DRM was toned down or removed, so might be worth looking at.

sullynathan

Arcane
That later one... Forgotten Sands?... was mostly hated for the always online DRM it had at the time, but it's far from a bad game. Basically Sands of Time but with better graphics. I believe the DRM was toned down or removed, so might be worth looking at.
Forgotten sands is a much easier version of the Sands of Times games. I'd say, if you liked the Sands of Times trilogy especially the characters and story, give it a go because it's canon to the trilogy anyway.

I personally don't like the fact that it's combat was more god of war-like than the previous games, but the POP games never had good combat. Sands of times combat is too easy and used to break from constant platforming, but it doesn't combine platforming and combat like the later games do.

They also slightly changed how the time rewind powers worked which I really didn't like. There's an inherent lag to to when you press the button and when it activates, and iirc it isn't as flexible with how much you can rewind.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which games should i get from the russian promo ?
If you want something not obvious, King's Bounty is good. If you want something fairly unique, Etherlords 2 (not 1) and Evil Islands. Eador: Genesis is good if you've already played the Heroes and Age of Wonders series.

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
Bought these yesterday :

Ash of Gods
Braveland Pirate
Evil Island + Rage of Mages 1+2
Metro Redux series ( i don't know what made me to do that )
Parkan series
Sea Dogs series
Space Ranger HD
Sudden Strike series ( 1-3 )

Will buy ATOM later .

Already own the Stalker , King's Bounty , Etherlords series and the first Eador game .

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That "Seven" games goes on sale every other week it feels like. In theory it should be up my alley... stealth and RPG mixed together in sci-fi world... but something about it just turns me off in gameplay videos.

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
Quick question :

Which one should i buy : Banner Saga trilogy / Darkest Dungeon / The Age of Decadence + Dungeon Rats or the Sunless games ( Sea , Skies , Zubmariner ) ?

Falksi

Arcane
Quick question :

Which one should i buy : Banner Saga trilogy / Darkest Dungeon / The Age of Decadence + Dungeon Rats or the Sunless games ( Sea , Skies , Zubmariner ) ?

Bannar Saga Trilogy is good. The only other one I've played on the list is AOD, and it pisses all over that from a great height.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom