Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Hmm, maybe I should buy 1nsane. Had a lot of fun playing it over the network at school years back.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I highly recommend Blade of Darkness although don't start off playing the Barbarian until you've practiced with one of the other characters, The Barbarian is hard mode basically :)

You mispelled "dorf". Two times.
And if you want to make it easy - choose Amazon and enjoy rolling on the floor like a twich :troll:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
I wonder if they've had a meeting to try and get more cyber-[genre] games into their library because of the CP2077 development...

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The bad news is that they're just going to slap dosbox on the abandonware CDrom version. The good news is...? There might be some neat bonus stuff to download?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Wow 230 MB disc space, my first comp.at 93 had only 32 :salute:

In those days, CD checks weren't just for copy protection - you had to stream data off the CD because it was often actually larger than your hard drive.

JudasIscariot So, can we can expect more Microprose-developed games to be released in the future? There are quite a lot of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MicroProse_games

Tommo, give us Rex Nebular!

The oracle remains silent, Avatar :P

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow 230 MB disc space, my first comp.at 93 had only 32 :salute:

In those days, CD checks weren't just for copy protection - you had to stream data off the CD because it was often actually larger than your hard drive.

Yeah, Bloodnet was one of my first CD games along with Loom and some Greek mythology FMVish adventure.
I still curse my Creative CD Rom time to time.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The next step is Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, obviously. It's BloodNet's sister-game. It has a lot of stuff in common like decking, jury-rigging, similar items like EMP grenades, etc., and it was actually made by most of the same people, if my memory serves me right.

I've played BloodNet to death, so I probably won't be buying this, but I would definitely buy Hell.

Also the cover art they whipped up is 100 times better than the actual cover art.

Gog Version | US Version | EU Version

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The next step is Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, obviously. It's BloodNet's sister-game. It has a lot of stuff in common like decking, jury-rigging, similar items like EMP grenades, etc., and it was actually made by most of the same people, if my memory serves me right.

I've played BloodNet to death, so I probably won't be buying this, but I would definitely buy Hell.

Also the cover art they whipped up is 100 times better than the actual cover art.

Gog Version | US Version | EU Version

http://www.mobygames.com/game/bloodnet/cover-art

I thought ours was based on the EU version :)

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I loved Bloodnet when I was a kid, but I couldn't finish it. What is the difference between the CD version and floppy? And yeah, GOG needs to release Hell next!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom