Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

El Presidente

Arcane
So weebs will fund the eventual GOG versions of Myth, Claw, Discworld, etc? This is the greatest usage of weebs in decades! I kneel to our polish overlords and their superior IQ

Narushima

Cipher
Russian-language forum closed without notice.
Please don't post about it in the general forum. Contact a mod, so that nobody notices.

2022-05-25-10-49-48-www-gog-com-861cf1e71994.png

2022-05-25-10-50-06-www-gog-com-78a39181f1e9.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Seed of the Dead? LOL
That's the least of the shit (gman of course played these.. go figure)
No.... what of TRAPS? Wth?
gif_en_short.gif

Another reason to avoid gods, spirits, yokai, aliens, demons, angels, etc.

They just want to trick and rape you. You soul, your mind, and of course... your body. Fail your detect and disarm and fall into TRAPS!

BLARG!!!
:codexisfor::codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues::desu:

:evilcodex:

hmmm familiar...
louise-evil-laugh.gif

Last edited:
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Russian-language forum closed without notice.
Please don't post about it in the general forum. Contact a mod, so that nobody notices.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. Gog's retardo-tier moderators/support staff (with SmollestLight at the forefront) went on a rampage recently and locked dozens of useful/helpful threads re: DRM-free games, some of those threads dated back to the beginnings of their forum:
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_video_games_digital_distributors?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ep..._play_without_the_epic_launcher?as=1649904300

They went through every post in the Zoom Platform thread and deleted all the links to Zoom's page:
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/zoom_platform/?as=1649904300

They then went on another rampage and locked the threads calling them out on their fucktarded behaviour (this is just a very small selection, as numerous threads got outright nuked):
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rip_gaming_deals_thread_20092022/
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/awful_decisions/?as=1649904300
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/i_was_writing_an_answer_to_another_user_but_the_thread_dissapeared_out_of_existence/

Both giveaway threads on the gog forum are now locked (at the request of the OP), a replacement thread is already up:
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition_redux?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/th...nongog_edition_remastered_redux?as=1649904300

You want to know why all these threads were locked? Because one very prolific forum poster, who had been a bit of a thorn in the moderators' eyes, capped a ban for linking to a different storefront (NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED!). When that user complained that there are lots of threads with links to other storefronts, instead of a) reverting the ban or b) ignoring the complaint, these unfathomable retards instead doubled down and locked a shitton of helpful threads.

I was feeling a bit feisty at the sight of these drooling mongoloids going full retard and opened a thread reminding them of login issues that Chinese users appear to be having.
gogdrama3.jpg

That thread got nuked (not locked, NUKED!) within 2 minutes of me opening it and I got a monthlong ban.

gogdrama5.jpg

That was roughly 2 months ago and they still haven't addressed the issue.

Again, I'm wondering if they're running the place into the ground on purpose in some sort of The Producers-like scam or whether they're actually that braindead (or possibly both). It's like a certain gamedev said: The SJW termites have rotted the place from the inside out. The only way I see for gog to reverse course would basically involve firing the entire staff.

PS: Check out CDP's financial report for 2021. According to this report GOG lost 25% more money in the single year of 2021 than they made profit during the three years of 2018-2020 combined (including all the Cyberpunk 2077 sales & pre-orders). I can only wonder what the numbers for 2022 will be.

tl;dr: Back up your offline installers!

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Again, I'm wondering if they're running the place into the ground on purpose in some sort of The Producers-like scam or whether they're actually that braindead (or possibly both). It's like a certain gamedev said: The SJW termites have rotted the place from the inside out. The only way I see for gog to reverse course would basically involve firing the entire staff.
I feel like a Producers scam implies there's some way that the heads of the company can make money out of this situation. On the other hand, if I knew how to do that, I wouldn't be here, I would be on a nice tropical island in my yacht. No, they just hired the cheapest possible staff. Now they have perverts on their games acquisition department, Indians on their tech department, and the conflict avoidant serving as public relations.

Ravielsk

Magister
And here I thought that after CP2077 they would have come to their senses instead the eternal Pole is more concerned with "punishing ruskies"(a.k.a making sure anyone using Cyrillic just pirates everything) and not making business with China(after bowing down to their "gamers").
I mean how could this not play out in their favor? :lol:

Parsifarka

Arcane
From Good Old Games, a value-adding prestige project highly regarded by customers and running at an acceptable loss, to literally GOG: a money sinkhole, a bloated monster born by hubris selling broken releases and sinking the company into a dismal hellscape of anime lolis and cringe "narrative experiences" ruled by trannies.

Thinking that once Steam caught up with the retro fad and opened the flood gates for DOSbox configs themselves GOG could stay afloat by beating them at the big boy game while lowering the quality of their releases instead of increasing their specialization and creating their own label for directly acquiring and managing rights over old gems is one of the most deranged decisions I have ever seen from this industry, and there's a shit-ton out there to choose from.
But the fact that they keep insisting in their errors and only pile up new ones, furiously digging up the GOG grave, is what's most astonishing because it's not even like they are cutting costs by doing this —these keep mounting up but get systematically wasted in staggering, patently wrong choices.

The only explanation I can think of for this active self-sabotage is that GOG's budget is being used to steal money away from the company and distribute it among friends, family and potential plaintiffs of CDPR directives, a process that's been accelerated as the prospects of post-Cybercrap 2077 dividends don't look so hot to the owners anymore.
At first it was sad, then comical but as I look back at what Good Old Games once was this yearslong charade becomes frankly infuriating. Bunch of retards.

Statistically, one of the Poles here in the Codex must work at CDPR: we know you are reading this, so please publicly punch in the face whomever is in charge of GOG. Long live the new 'dex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
instead of increasing their specialization and creating their own label for directly acquiring and managing rights over old gems

This is cope though. It would have been cool PR for CD Projekt but it wouldn't have been some growth engine for the company. I think there's really nothing GOG could have done to grow their business - their real choice was to accept that they were never going to do anything but tread water once all the biggest classics became available.

But at second glance maybe you realize that.

Last edited:

Lucumo

Educated
According to this report GOG lost 25% more money in the single year of 2021 than they made profit during the three years of 2018-2020 combined (including all the Cyberpunk 2077 sales & pre-orders).
How the fuck is that even possible ?
Didn't they shift Gwent away from GOG? Pretty sure they made a pretty penny with that when it was somewhat popular.

How fucking hard was it it just keep a platform selling games without DRM while keeping a positive balance.
They had designers working tirelessly to completely screw the website up. "People using IE to access the site? Screw them!" (Well, not undeserved, considering IE had always been garbage.) "Forks of popular browsers or smaller ones? Screw the people using those!" As they said: "GOG will only support the latest version of the most popular browsers." Obviously, this is a pretty retarded move, as you want to attract as many customers as possible. And considering a lot of people went there for old games, it wouldn't surprise me if they used old PCs, browsers etc too.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I downright was a fan of GoG in the beginning. I'd be really interested in all the mangement decisions that led to what the site is now. They must have some actual retards in charge.

Melcar

Arcane
They keep trying to get me to buy shit from them. Just this week I got their newsletter several times and like 5 "exclusive" discount codes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom