Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Vatnik Wumao
From Good Old Games, a value-adding prestige project highly regarded by customers and running at an acceptable loss, to literally GOG: a money sinkhole, a bloated monster born by hubris selling broken releases and sinking the company into a dismal hellscape of anime lolis and cringe "narrative experiences" ruled by trannies.
That's what you get when you do not render unto Gabe what is Gabe's.
201810519539_1.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From Good Old Games, a value-adding prestige project highly regarded by customers and running at an acceptable loss, to literally GOG: a money sinkhole, a bloated monster born by hubris selling broken releases and sinking the company into a dismal hellscape of anime lolis and cringe "narrative experiences" ruled by trannies.
Yet when Gaben is himself rendered unto God, what's happening to GOG will likely seem like a joke compared to what'll happen to Steam.

Comte_II

Yet when Gaben is himself rendered unto God, what's happening to GOG will likely seem like a joke compared to what'll happen to Steam.

Gamepass style subscriptions seem like they will be the future. With all these megacorps gaming companies forming. The new cable for zoomers and millenials. Buy a subscription play whatever game you want released by your favorite studios! Fallout 5, Pillars of Eternity 4! The possibilities are endless!

Sarathiour

Cipher
Gamepass is the most infuriating thing I have seen in the gaming industry in recent year. It will clearly be hamfisted through it's necessary use for multiplayer.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
The only explanation I can think of for this active self-sabotage is that GOG's budget is being used to steal money away from the company and distribute it among friends, family and potential plaintiffs of CDPR directives, a process that's been accelerated as the prospects of post-Cybercrap 2077 dividends don't look so hot to the owners anymore. At first it was sad, then comical but as I look back at what Good Old Games once was this yearslong charade becomes frankly infuriating. Bunch of retards.

Statistically, one of the Poles here in the Codex must work at CDPR: we know you are reading this, so please publicly punch in the face whomever is in charge of GOG. Long live the new 'dex.

Or someone behind the scenes wishes to make a lot of money on Put options shorting CDPR stock, and the best way to do that is to tank the company from the inside. Wouldn't be the first time it had been done.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Will non-GoG installs for cd based old games still work on modern operating systems like W10?

Depends. If the installer (or executable) is a 32-bit program then it should run, but there are numerous other things to check for first.

But if it's a 16-bit program, then it won't run without a wrapper. Check this post for more info. (Check out the whole thread for more info in general.)

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Be careful with some of that stuff... It's not worth installing Starforce or other hyper-aggressive DRMs along with the games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought all starforce shit was stripped? Though, I'm always hesitant about trying Ruins of myth drannor again. Yeah, that sucked.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I haven't checked the gog wishlist of games to put on GOG for a long while. Jund is faggot month? Wtf?! It is beginning of summer to me not get/give a bj and get buttfucked month. POX TO THEM ALL! The monkey will spank them with the plague.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I got chaos gate free. Huzzah. Only things i had was Blood Bowl and Shadow of the Horned Rat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom