Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Glop_dweller

Prophet
That's nuts. Why bother releasing it at all?

Cut as in "we've already added mods to make the game ugly":

ad47cd4e7aaa4beb545ec4f87e5f54477b31b09c7efc68e9cb6eb8f15cd7da5b.jpg

ff29d2fcc3c2b3da4cfca1c43319688ab0e56a0dbd64f6641dcef10f63dc5c3b.jpg
God yeah, it's unbelievably ugly. And it's bizarrely hardware hungry, slow and laggy. While I enjoy Daggerfall Unity (without mods) this is an utter disgrace. It doesn't even look like Daggerfall anymore, more like a parody.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Way to look a gift horse in the mouth - the Daggerfall Unity could use a better artist for flat sprites or whatever, but overall, I'd contend that it is worth claiming, in that it's not bad. I tried it, it's pretty smooth, fast, looks nice and has the Daggerfall feel. Also, Daggerfall itself is still free as well, so I don't know. The sprites may need work, but whoever did the textures and sound did a smashing job.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well? They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names. Oh, it does indeed look terrible.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well?
That's what they all claim. There's nothing that legally requires you to, however.
They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names.
Because 99% of modders are narcissistic faggots that believe their work is the most important mod ever made.

So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well? They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names. Oh, it does indeed look terrible.
In theory the permission would never be denied and the purpose is to make the modder aware because the mod might still be getting updates, so he doesn't have to figure out the bug reports are coming from an outdated version included in some pack he didn't know about.

- BRO THE QUEST ITEM ISN'T DROPPING
- I fixed that in version 0.67 alpha
- BRO STOP LYING I GIVE YOU 1 STAR
- It's already fixed
- THEY SHOULD NEVER JHAVE INCLUDED YOUR SHITMOD IN THE DEFINITIONVE GOG EDITION
- Ah...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom