Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wasn't both Doom64 & POQ offered free at various sites? PoQ abandonware? D64 a new mod?

Anyway, burger flipper simulator.

5473e4577367df599bef7e1a4b251bc13bcb2ba8cd5a28bc394d52aed3793e7e_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
D64 a new mod?

There used to be a Doom engine mod by Kaizer (who now works at Nightdive) to load the Doom64 maps but it had been abandoned years ago. It was playable but supposedly it had a bunch of bugs and wasn't accurate to the game.

The current Doom 64 is a new port built on KEX (Kaizer's engine) that is supposed to be much more accurate.

Note that Doom 64 is a separate game in the Doom franchise, not a port of any of the original Doom games, with its own maps, artwork and music (which is very atmospheric IMO).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played the ported over pc version of d64. Great fun. Back in 2016 i was playing everything D1-2+ esp mods.

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-64

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom-64

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/126183-gzdoom-doom-ce-psx-tc-d64-retribution-overhauled/

I guess steam had the d64 longer than GOG? Dunno. Naturally this would be modded.

Ah! I fucking forgot it cane with the mega doom pack on Steam (basically every doom from 1 to the current Doom & DLCS. I just never downloaded it.

Still, I recall some free conversions here and there. Or I'm old and forgetting shit.

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Doom 64 any good?
pretty great - but the levels are more constrained and claustrophobic, and the feeling is more oppressive and gloomy

not as many monsters on the screen at one time, but the ammo is more scarce, and while not exactly survival horror still plays more methodicaly than a pure action shooter like the originals

most are console limitation constraints, but they all work very well in this case, adding to the overall atmosphere - like for silent hill 1 on psx

music surprisingly good for a cartridge

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
a726a5f98d5fa16d11557e0076418c44038c2b340cfcee9ce5e0af12cbe44a3a_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg
Finally a game I didn't have (well i had the demo).

This shit kind of pisses me off. They add new EE versions and get rid of the old. Naturally they pump up the price.
BLADE RUNNER EE
DJ7bUeY.png

And my library with the old (at least they didn't clear it from my library.
Q2SJwce.png

Well, you get the classic with it and if you already own it it is 50% off on broken EE jank. Look at reviews.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/prince-of-qin-cno

FUCKING KNEW IT! They're just going down the lists and selecting abandonware to resell. Bastards!!

Looks like theg didn't even include the manual or didn't say so. Was it patched and fixed to run properly?

It was already available on Steam along with Seal of Evil since late 2021

a726a5f98d5fa16d11557e0076418c44038c2b340cfcee9ce5e0af12cbe44a3a_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

This shit kind of pisses me off. They add new EE versions and get rid of the old. Naturally they pump up the price.
BLADE RUNNER EE
DJ7bUeY.png

Q2SJwce.png

The old one is added for free to anyone who buys the EE according to their page.Also browsing GOG and the codex on a phone? :decline:

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/prince-of-qin-cno

FUCKING KNEW IT! They're just going down the lists and selecting abandonware to resell. Bastards!!

Looks like theg didn't even include the manual or didn't say so. Was it patched and fixed to run properly?

It was already available on Steam along with Seal of Evil since late 2021

BLADE RUNNER EE
DJ7bUeY.png

Q2SJwce.png

The old one is added for free to anyone who buys the EE according to their page.Also browsing GOG and the codex on a phone? :decline:
I'm only on my computer to browse rarely and use my hotspot data for gaming or various DLs. I have little choice as i don't have internet per se...

Comte_II

Does the gog version of Mafia 3 still have all the music? I heard the steam version does not.

mck

Cipher
I just realized the offline installers use your temp folder on C drive to install the games. So if the game is 100gb you need 100gb free on your C drive. GOG = retards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom