Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!

lefthandblack

Arcane
If one utterly detests Steam's "malware" why would they even bother using Galaxy? You're trading one thing for another that's pretty much just like it.

Wrong.

The standalone installers don't require Galaxy.

- Buy game
- Patch through Galaxy
- When the heavy patching is over download standalone installer
- keep game forever regardless of the status of the dev or GOG

ben_reck

Educated
$20 seems about right for a retro (intended as contemporary) blobber. But that price might produce a bit too much cognitive dissonance for the developer, the one and only developer. That's about what I paid for Lords of Xulima.

Pricing would be a commercial decision that for the dev became an existential one.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
It's funny how people get so caught up in pricing, which is really none of their business. You want to buy it, fine, if not not.

The difference is, in the case of GOG, I don't have to give money to people I hate.

that you know of. I am sure somewhere in the corporate chain for everything you buy there are people you'd hate a lot more than cleve.

lefthandblack

Arcane
that you know of. I am sure somewhere in the corporate chain for everything you buy there are people you'd hate a lot more than cleve.

Reading is not your strong suit I see.
I don't hate Cleve, why would I congratulate him on the release of his game if I hated him?

Gabe Newell on the other hand, that motherfucker I hate and I'm gonna gigglesquee like a schoolgirl when he dies and all you steamtards get the royal corporate treatment right up your assholes. There, I've said my piece on this shit so go ahead and rate me whatever you want but I'm not gonna shit up the thread with anymore replies on this issue.
Fuck you and you know who you are.

wesmo

Educated
Until cleve sets up steam auto updates:
Version 1.2.0.5
This will restore the encounters rate to half what it was previously in any region. Set to NEVER you should not encounter any wandering random monsters ever unless you run into one designed to pop up there.
nd

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Reading is not your strong suit I see.
I don't hate Cleve, why would I congratulate him on the release of his game if I hated him?

Gabe Newell on the other hand, that motherfucker I hate and I'm gonna gigglesquee like a schoolgirl when he dies and all you steamtards get the royal corporate treatment right up your assholes. There, I've said my piece on this shit so go ahead and rate me whatever you want but I'm not gonna shit up the thread with anymore replies on this issue.

:bro:

youhomofo

Augur

Jesus goddamn dude, take your fucking pills. Are you okay, bro? Don't fucking have heart attack on me.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The GOG release is getting my d1p the moment it goes live. Fuck, I would give Cleve more than $40 if I could get it direct and without steam right now, with access to all current and future updates.

aratuk

Cipher
The GOG release is getting my d1p the moment it goes live. Fuck, I would give Cleve more than $40 if I could get it direct and without steam right now, with access to all current and future updates.

I would have waited for the GOG release as well, but Cleve has said that he'll be making Grimoire available on GOG Connect, so a Steam purchase will translate into my GOG library once the game becomes available on GOG, so it would only make a difference if I hated Valve enough to never want to give them money. As it turns out, I somewhat dislike Steam as a product or experience, but have nothing against Valve.

Last edited by a moderator:

mindfields

Learned
Good to see that Cleve is apparently not sending steam codes to the people that backed his crowdfunding campaign, probably trying to get them to pay full price for a second copy.

Weasel
You can see some backers have got their keys
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grimoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar#/comments

But others still waiting, time to rope in Cooper!

uiOOY3L.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom