Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Joystick for F;NV

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... -best-rpg/

People who like New Vegas are noobs though, according to comments

How on earth can this buggy recycled mess get voted Best RPG over the likes of Xenoblade and TW2.

Xenoblade is so overlooked it's unbelievable it's an absolute gem compared to this junk, Yes I hated New vegas it was just Fallout 3 with more brown and a bit more brown added on top for good measure, The same voice overs for everyone with the same character models didn't help.

The witcher 2 was in a different league aswell in terms of everything, Dragon age 2 even getting a mention is an insult to monolith and cdprojekt.

Golden joysticks = Awards for noobs, It's almost as bad as that other joke on Spike.

I strongly suspect codexian origin if it wasn't for the weeaboo... No, no. Its probably still codexian with decline.

Stinger

Arcane
It's funny how the bugs still keep getting mentioned even though New Vegas is now far more stable than Fallout 3 or Oblivion. And of course reviewers will conveniently ignore the crapload of bugs that'll inevitably be in Skyrim.

Anyway, congrats to Obsidian though it's really telling how badly rpgs have declined that DA2 is 3rd place (should have just not had a 3rd place if DA2 is the best they could come up with). Were there any other AAA rpgs out this year aside from Twitcher 2 and DA2?

thesoup

Arcane
It's funny how Obsidian has the status of a developer with bug issues, but Bethesda hasn't.

But yeah; can't wait for Skyrim and 10/10 GOTYAY THIS IS RPG MAN, followed by Skyrim rants from people with standards, followed by fanboy rage.

circ

Arcane
None of the above are even RPG's, so yes, shit is bad. I personally however wouldn't even call Obsidian a AAA developer. More like indie with clusterfuck design issues. How else do you excuse design priorities that are pulled from someone's colon.

Also, the reason for Obsidian's status as a developer with bugs is probably because it's true. KoTOR 2 - unfinished and buggy, to this day. Dxun moon still probably BSOD's at random. NWN 2 - buggy, to this day, shitty too. Unfinished? I don't know, I've never wanted to finish it. AP - have they even released any fixes for the numerous graphical glitches, badly console ported controls, etc? F:NV - so full of graphical glitches they should charge extra for the additional content. DS3 - the whole fucking thing is one giant bug.

Now let's compare with Bethesda. Arena - I don't know, it's so long ago I even looked at it that I have no idea about its buggy status. Daggerfall - same thing. Morrowind - I ran it with some graphics mods mostly, and I never ran into anything. Now at this point, Bethesda stops being a landscape simulator company and imagines itself being a rockstar of the developer world. Boblivion - running it vanilla, I run into the same graphical glitches as I do in AP or F:NV - floating corpses, invisible pogo-stick wielding NPC's and so on. But you know, Todd and Todd (Pete) are like retarded kids that you feel sorry for. Atleast they're excited. FO3 - see Boblivion.

Mortmal

Arcane
Nope new vegas deserves the title of rpg, its a direct heir of the line birthed by ultima underwolrd and system shock , unless you discard those too.It gives more chocies and consequences than any game ive seen , and more choices to solve quests. This game is in my top 5 favorite game of all time clearly.
Xenoblade, one of the best jrpg published so far, completely deserves an award, the list isnt restrict to western type rpg.Should be third after witcher 2.
Witcher 2 a fantastic action rpg, if you think this isnt deservering anything, neither gothic and risen and those are acclaimed as classics .
Dragon age 2 ? well now it shouldnt be mentioned indeed, it fails on every aspects , its just a bad game let alone a rpg.

If you restrict your genre to 2D isometrical and blobbers you wont play anything ever, anymore.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Mortmal said:
If you restrict your genre to 2D isometrical and blobbers you wont play anything ever, anymore.

lalalalalala I can't hear you lalalallala

Thanks for ruining my morning bro. :(

Mortmal

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
Mortmal said:

lalalalalala I can't hear you lalalallala

Thanks for ruining my morning bro. :(

No , no put that gun down, ! Theres still KOTC 2 coming eventually!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Nope new vegas deserves the title of rpg,"

action rpg

"Dragon age 2 ? well now it shouldnt be mentioned indeed, it fails on every aspects , its just a bad game let alone a rpg."

rpg

Quality is irrelevant when deciding what genre a game is douchebag.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mortmal said:
Xenoblade, one of the best jrpg published so far, completely deserves an award

What's so good about Xenoblade? I played it for a couple of hours; it was just... banal, clichéd, bland, boring. Just another of your typical JRPGs, you're a town kid who's a genius technician (obviously), here's your female childhood friend, here's a fetch-me-20-crab-legs quest, here's the EPIC MENACE! (tm) and the MYSTERIOUS MAGIC WEAPON! (c), here's your quest compass, here are some abilities on cooldown, here's grass, birds, trees, treasure chests... I just couldn't go on. Shit was putting me to sleep.

Mortmal

Arcane
Volourn said:
"Nope new vegas deserves the title of rpg,"

action rpg

"Dragon age 2 ? well now it shouldnt be mentioned indeed, it fails on every aspects , its just a bad game let alone a rpg."

rpg

Quality is irrelevant when deciding what genre a game is douchebag.

I know arguing with volourn is like hitting my head against a brick wall but i guess i am a bit masochistic and thats probably why i want to play dark souls like the others.

New vegas action, rpg ok, then in your eyes so is ultima underworld, daggerfall, system shock.

Dragon age 2 a rpg ? No its an action rpg, no planning is required,the combat is real time with a few power attack to press to speed up the process, no strategic options needed, you dont even have to touch your xbox controller as the companions will finish the fight automatically.The game is playing itself , between tasteless encounters and endless cinmatic, its like if the game was masturbating!

The enemy are respawning out of thin air like in a beat them up, well no golden axe did it better..

The inventory is extremely limited, compare it to xenoblade, you know an infamous jrpg, and the hundreds of items inside and laugh.
The handholding is extreme , the plot retarded , the end /facepalm worth, and in overall no enjoyment to be had with this .
It fails both as a game and as a rpg.

Mortmal

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Mortmal said:

What's so good about Xenoblade? I played it for a couple of hours; it was just... banal, clichéd, bland, boring. Just another of your typical JRPGs, you're a town kid who's a genius technician (obviously), here's your female childhood friend, here's a fetch-me-20-crab-legs quest, here's the EPIC MENACE! (tm) and the MYSTERIOUS MAGIC WEAPON! (c), here's your quest compass, here are some abilities on cooldown, here's grass, birds, trees, treasure chests... I just couldn't go on. Shit was putting me to sleep.

Well yes.. but i havent played so many jrpgs, when it comes to western rpgs, i pretty much played them all, but i missed many snes ,psx, ps2 games those were just unaffordable as a kid. So i think you just got fed of them, strawberries are good but a whole bathtub of them not.
What i liked int his jprg was the vast areas to explore, the body of two titans, it sounded original and i was intrigued i wanted to explore that, and know what the next area was holding.The combats were fast and fun, with many combos.
I liked the giant robot them, who diddnt like transformers and gobots as a kid?
That game was rather oldschool with many secret areas, a whole outpost to rebuild ,with hundreds of quests.

Twinkle

Liturgist
No its an action rpg, no planning is required,the combat is real time with a few power attack to press to speed up the process, no strategic options needed, you dont even have to touch your xbox controller as the companions will finish the fight automatically.The game is playing itself , between tasteless encounters and endless cinmatic, its like if the game was masturbating!

You've just described New Vegas.
:thumbsup:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pokemon Black/White losing to Dragon Age 2 is outrageous.

Stinger

Arcane
Twinkle said:
No its an action rpg, no planning is required,the combat is real time with a few power attack to press to speed up the process, no strategic options needed, you dont even have to touch your xbox controller as the companions will finish the fight automatically.The game is playing itself , between tasteless encounters and endless cinmatic, its like if the game was masturbating!

I love FNV, but I gotta admit that was pretty funny and fairly accurate.

SkyrimSucks

Novice
Just checked out Xenoblade on youtube. Looks exactly like Final Fantasy XII, even though that is 5 years old. I suggest you play FF12, it seems to be a better game.

Oh and Codexians have Wii? WTF? Why would you buy a Wii for?

Twinkle

Liturgist

It wasn't aimed at NV in particular, to be fair, simply because his description fits pretty much every "next-gen" western RPG and quite a few classical ones.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Stinger said:
Twinkle said:

This :lol:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crooked Bee said:
Mortmal said:

What's so good about Xenoblade? I played it for a couple of hours; it was just... banal, clichéd, bland, boring.

That's what jrpg fans like, the same shit they already played, with a different collection of outfits and spiky hair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom