Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Sun thread

Zariusz

Arbiter
zi7iBJl.jpg

It has been over 19 years since premiere of this series in 2001, it was one of the first rpgs that i ever played and i have good memories of this. Its such a shame that Dark Dawn was so disapointning and ended on a cliffhanger, well at least it pushed limits of DS hardware. What do you think about this series, does it still holds up after so many years?
Some music for background

Melcar

Arcane
I remember playing the very first one back in the day. My kid brother introduced me to the game and I ended up taking over his GB because of it.

I played GS: The Lost Age for the GBA a few years ago, although didn't finish it. I really liked the design of some dungeon areas. There's some nice exploration with quite a bit of freedom, and it has the good visuals and music you'd expect from a quality JRPG. The lack of challenge and repetitiveness of battles made me put it away.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I played the second one way back. I remember really liking being able to use the various magic powers to affect stuff outside of combat.

Still, it wasn't very deep from what I recall and while the idea of multiclassing with the djinn was neat in theory, in practice it didn't work out.

Derringer

Prophet
It's easy, dull, and pretty. There's worse games but I wouldn't say it's anything more than throwaway JRPG software with a budget for the GBA.

Gastrick

Cipher
My experience is playing about an hour, disliking it and then dropping it. Either the story or the gameplay sucked, I can't remember which. Of course, I didn't bother with the sequel.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sequel to come? Not likely. It has been almost 5 years since this video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom