Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Goldenland removed

Sabotai

Liturgist
So I noticed Strategy First has, after almost 1,5 year, removed Goldenland from their upcoming tiltles list.

Does this portend the permanent demise of Goldenland?

Any rumors flying about what will happen with the English version?

Balor

Arcane
Well, no wonder. Based on Russian reviews, first one was utter shit, second one was nearly ok, but still sub-par.

taks

Liturgist
the 8 or 10 people that actually post on their english website (and have played the russian version) seem to like it. however, their website is hosed now, and the forum is a goner. my guess is they could not get a working localization cranked out that made sense. oh well...

the little engine that didn't...

taks

Atrokkus

Erudite
Just rumors i guess.

Goldenland 3 will be released, for sure.

But it's not yet clear, will it be same old crap as Goldenland1-2, or a good RPG?
Who knows...

But as far as I know, finance-wise Burut is doing better, and they had some good staff additions, so i guess we can hope for the best.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Burut is working on a promising title for Akella, so if their previous work was crap I hope they improve quickly.

We really need a great fantasy RPG. While it seems to be the most common setting, we really haven't seen a brilliant RPG based on one for ages.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Whatever. Close enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom