Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Recently, i've been getting in to these great games again, and man, one of the best WADs i've ever played was Heretic: Hordes of Chaos. I highly recommend it to anyone in the WAD scene right now.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Watching this thread. Hoping people are going to contribute significantly to it.

Also, Quake and HL mods :o

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
My DOOM WAD list from my WAD folder on my harddrive [WADS, not the actual names, sorry : ( ] :

10 Sectors
10 Sectors 2
2002ado
AV
Bella2
Brutaldoom - Gameplay modifier, not an actual story based WAD, I wouldn't play without it, and GZDoom, although levels with over 1000 monsters can really lower your FPS, unless you have a good processor.
Community Chest 1-4
Epic2
Eternall
Eviltech
Hc092604
HellAwakened
Hells Bells
HellRevealed
HellRevealed2final
Ht
Icarus
Jenesis
Jenesis2
Ksutra
MM
MM2
Ndcp
Ndcp2
Neodoom
PL2
Requiem
Scythe
Scythe2
Sodfinal
WOS
Twilight Zone 1-2

All of these are megawads, meaning they all have over 32 levels and a story, so you'll have plenty of content. Some of these are Doom 2 WADs others are for regular Doom, I don't really know which ones are which, but 90% of them are for Doom 2.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've only been dabbling in Doom2 WADS to play with Aeons of Death, and Hell Revealed II and Alien Vendetta are fun WADS to play that in.

BaconAndEggs

Augur
A few notable Doom WADs i've enjoyed:

Psychic: Weapon mod, mix weapon attacks with psychic powers, spend currency to level up different guns and powers
Parkour: Weapon mod, Doom with lots of jumping and wall climbing and zooming around, quite fun
Stronghold: Weapon/level mod, Defend your base from invading enemies, buy on-use powerups with currency between levels. About 12ish levels to pick from?
Night of the Homeless: Weapon/level mod, kill as many homeless and giant ghosts as you can, rack up a high score.

Oh, and for Hexen: Hexen Serpent Resurrection. Adds a new class and stats (STR, DEX, etc) to allocate. Can use the stat systems standalone in the original game or play through a user-made campaign. I haven't played through the created campaign but the original game was really enjoyable with the changes.

DakaSha

Arcane
Back when doom was actually still 'in' I remember trying hundreds (maybe thousands) of mods and one in particular stood out but i cant remember its fucking name. It was UAC something. You started off entering a complex and fighting your way through the company, ending up at a board members room (full of monsters of course) which then led into hell itself.. when you reach the bottom there is a dead space marine being sacrificed (and he used an invisible platform to have the body rise into the air) Then after all this you end up entering a spaceship and hitting a button to end the (single huge) level.

It blew my min back when i was like 10 or 11

inb4 UAC Labs

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Just got some new Hexen Wads:

Scourge of Viscerus
Serpent Ressurection - [NEED GZDOOM 1.6.0 or LATER, OTHERWISE WONT WORK]
Wolfen
Ressurection of Chaos
Necrosis
Abandoned Chapel
Nadir

Doom Megawad:
DTSD

Heretic Megawad:
Masters of Chaos

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Brutal doom creator now working on Brutal Hexen/Heretic:

Also, Brutal Doom creator is now working on a new weapon expansion pack for Brutal Doom called Brutal Arsenal:

From what i've played of it, it's alright, but none of the guns are set to gib properly yet. Also, for some reason, the guy put rocket launcher zombie soldiers as a standard "shotgun zombie pseudo-replacement".

D/L link below

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-do...senal-expansion-pack-first-beta-november-30th

The Ultimate Brutal Arsenal is the next (and first of many to come) Expansion Pack for Brutal Doom. This expansion will feature aprox 50 new weapons. It's a large variety of machineguns, shotguns, assault rifles, rocket launchers, energy weapons, explosives, flamethrowers, BFGs, and melee weapons.

*** EDIT *** Brutal Arsenal "Expected a name but got something else" CTD error fixed, D/L this version instead

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibyx2fv0be5xhla

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Back when doom was actually still 'in' I remember trying hundreds (maybe thousands) of mods and one in particular stood out but i cant remember its fucking name. It was UAC something. You started off entering a complex and fighting your way through the company, ending up at a board members room (full of monsters of course) which then led into hell itself.. when you reach the bottom there is a dead space marine being sacrificed (and he used an invisible platform to have the body rise into the air) Then after all this you end up entering a spaceship and hitting a button to end the (single huge) level.

inb4 UAC Labs

Is this it?

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doomsday_of_UAC

DakaSha

Arcane

inb4 UAC Labs

Is this it?

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doomsday_of_UAC

Judging by the descriptions and the pics yes that its. 95% sure
Shit ruined me as a kid

otsego

Cipher

Nadir

If you want to avoid a bit of frustration, I'd probably scrap the WAD you downloaded for this and try the newest one.

I made that mod a few years ago, and being the first one I'd done, I made a few rookie mistakes and tossed in some annoying effects and monsters. I just uploaded a newer one that replaces all of that with the standard monsters, it's a bit more fun that way I think.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26071

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Nadir

If you want to avoid a bit of frustration, I'd probably scrap the WAD you downloaded for this and try the newest one.

I made that mod a few years ago, and being the first one I'd done, I made a few rookie mistakes and tossed in some annoying effects and monsters. I just uploaded a newer one that replaces all of that with the standard monsters, it's a bit more fun that way I think.

Thanks, i'll try it out.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Nadir

After beating your Wad, killing the Reanimator, and playing both versions, I have to say I like the older version with the custom monsters better. No contest. The only thing I didnt like about the old version were some of the 3D stuff. The custom monsters were awesome.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
AngryEddy said:
Brutaldoom - Gameplay modifier, not an actual story based WAD, I wouldn't play without it, and GZDoom, although levels with over 1000 monsters can really lower your FPS, unless you have a good processor.

^ This. Although I use Skulltag , since the performance when using the high-res textures, is much better than GZDoom.

Ninja Destroyer said:
If you are looking for a nice compilation of Doom 1,2 WAD's I recommend this site.

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/

I played them chronologically, and most of them really deserve a playthrough.

^ And this.

I've started playing them Alphabetically. I'm now being raped by Revenants in one of the Community Chest wads , as I foolishly decided to play it in Ultra-Violence with Brutal Doom on top.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
as I foolishly decided to play it in Ultra-Violence with Brutal Doom on top.

I think the latest Brutal Doom replaces Nightmare with Brutal mode, which gets rid of the infinite respawns, but makes the monsters a lot stronger, and their projectiles faster, like Heretic or Hexen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom