Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Riskbreaker

HOLY MOLY Arthurian Legends is very in my type. I can complain about stuff, but im having fun. Bear traps is fun. Shield is good.
Aye, when I first tried the game I thought the bear traps will be a novelty item I'll try once and then forget about but then I ended up using both them and caltrops intensively throughout my playtrough, whether for making the crowds more manageable or for being able to quickly deal with the giant wolves and shit by incapacitating them.
I'd say it was that way with most of the shit the game gives you actually.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I've ripped music from the mod and new tracks are meh beside 1-2 tracks.
One of them playing in one section of the game (arcade room swarm). Whole project is hold by old tracks that are still good and create proper, oppresive atmosphere.
Also new raider voices are not that great and I'm not talking about amateurish level or something like that. They lack some substance, style or whatever. Something you hear in the voices that they had fun and they weren't trying to wake up sleeping family while recording.

Bloodrites 1 : 0 Afterglow

oh and BlooM is ready
https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloom-doomblood-crossover/downloads/bloom-final-release

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
If you didn't notice it yet, the final version of Bloom, the deranged combination of Blood and Doom, is out. Highly recommended.

Remember that Dynamite Duchess game? The last game done by Impie to critizice the whole pandemic hysteria and the authoritarian response of the elite, that also made him being kicked out from that GZdoom forum community? Not only it got a remake with better effects, as well as a walkthrough that shows off how open-ended it is, the game is getting a sequel!
Careful though, dude has a shit computer and it shows.

Strig

Learned
Just started with this the other night and it's fucking brilliant. Top notch level design, fun but tough as fuckin nails gameplay and really cool theme/aesthetics. Man, what the fuk did I do to deserve some fun new FPS games to play because that well has been bone dry for years n years until the arrival of Ion Fury and then Arthurian Legends. I ain't complaining though, only coomplaining.
Did you finish Rekkr? I'm rather curious about your (or anyone's really) opinion on the third episode. Personally, I found it really lacking and extremely dull, it killed any desire to play the game I ever had. A miserable experience which contrasted starkly with excellent preceding episodes.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The last game done by Impie to critizice the whole pandemic hysteria and the authoritarian response of the elite, that also made him being kicked out from that GZdoom forum community?

The GZDoom community really is cancerous. They chase off half the talented modders for "microaggressions" or w/e bullshit.

Star Citizen

Learned
Just started with this the other night and it's fucking brilliant. Top notch level design, fun but tough as fuckin nails gameplay and really cool theme/aesthetics. Man, what the fuk did I do to deserve some fun new FPS games to play because that well has been bone dry for years n years until the arrival of Ion Fury and then Arthurian Legends. I ain't complaining though, only coomplaining.
Did you finish Rekkr? I'm rather curious about your (or anyone's really) opinion on the third episode. Personally, I found it really lacking and extremely dull, it killed any desire to play the game I ever had. A miserable experience which contrasted starkly with excellent preceding episodes.
Naw not yet, I need to get back to it. Currently in the second episode and there have been a few questionable levels so far but still fun ones amongst those.

SpellSword

Novice
They also announced HellForged 2.0
Surprised they still want new one after long developement with first project.

The original release of Hell-Forged was really good.

Unfortunately from their announcement is sounds like there will only be three new weapons to find this time however the enemy type count will be increasing which is usually a good thing in a doom mod.

I'm looking forward to it!

lightbane

Arcane
The GZDoom community really is cancerous. They chase off half the talented modders for "microaggressions" or w/e bullshit.

Other Doom communities are mostly the same I believe. They were taken over by trannies and/or lunatics.

Riskbreaker

Yeah, it's rather sobering to see. Seems like every other long-time mapper or programer has transitioned - and I'm not exaggerating for effect here. Newcomers also tend to be of the "I want to be different like all the different people" crowd if you catch my drift, you generally know what you're getting the moment you see the cutesy avatar.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it's rather sobering to see. Seems like every other long-time mapper or programer has transitioned - and I'm not exaggerating for effect here. Newcomers also tend to be of the "I want to be different like all the different people" crowd if you catch my drift, you generally know what you're getting the moment you see the cutesy avatar.

Autists are sadly very susceptible to becoming trannies, and doom modding/mapping seems to attract a lot of autists.

toughasnails

Yes it is noticeable but I think it is also the reason why we are seeing so much creativity, both in gameplay and in visuals, from the Doom community.
I wrote this in answer to similar question in the speedrunning thread
Basically this could be them mastering the game and then breaking its limits. I play a lot of Doom and I notice that the people making the really difficult, gimmicky levels for it tend to be of this sort, transsexual or something, often flamboyantly far left in their politics. You always find them attracted to everything that is difficult and esoteric.
It's just creatives being creatives. I'm happy as long as that means we are getting so many fun and challenging wads to play. It's not like you can promote your politics and lifestyle in a Doom map anyway can you...

lightbane

Arcane
. It's not like you can promote your politics and lifestyle in a Doom map anyway can you...
Does the Trump Doom wad count? It's actually a quite good one.
Also: the issue is that trannies prey on those poor sods to spread their mental corruption, so they go to isolated communities on purpose. Or so I have read.

Riskbreaker

Autists are sadly very susceptible to becoming trannies, and doom modding/mapping seems to attract a lot of autists.
Looking at the sorts of femininity some of them are trying to embody, from the colourful animu gurls to darker goth chicks, it's the types of females you could imagine a lonely nerd from 90s and 00s being into. So you can imagine someone who lives the most online, with the freedom and fluidity internet provides, and with the code, it being the reflection of their imagination. They are locked in their imaginary and now their own body is subjugated to it. They try to embody their fantasy, they cannot be with her so they can be her.

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf

Arcane
That's also what I suspect, that a lot of these people just need a woman in their life, but they can't get a girlfriend, so they try to become their own girlfriend.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
That's also what I suspect, that a lot of these people just need a woman in their life, but they can't get a girlfriend, so they try to become their own girlfriend.

Can't get their waifu so they become the waifu.

lightbane

Arcane
Sexbots can't come soon enough. They'll reduce the number of people who are lied to become trannies, loneliness and crime, as well as increasing the number of alphabet letter activists and useless women commiting suicide. Win-win situation.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Yeh, more than trannies the problem is , well, modders being modders. Graf Zahl for example, despite being incredibly essential to the Doom community thanks to his work, has quite the temper - and there's no one else that did or will do the work he has done. Toxicity is furthermore rampant in the cliques, with some pretty shitty people hunting down creators for the most abominable reasons (for example, TerminusEst13 of Demonsteele and High Noon Drifter fame was essentially forced to cut his ties with the Doom community because some pretty crazy deviants started stalking him). Often it's not even the trannies the problem, but people purposefully hunting for stuff to be offended by - the Blade of Agony Ep3 debacle where the targets of cameos where ok with the "deadname" cameos while the mob demanded heads on a silver platter -.

As the eternal saying goes, modders gonna be modders. Thank fuck there's a shitton of people throwing out good content still without dropping inane American politics on everything.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Graf Zahl is a good example since in his outbursts he's called people retards in the past, which if he was anyone else he'd be permabanned from those places. He's probably still assblasted about lilith.pk3 too.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Toxicity is furthermore rampant in the cliques, with some pretty shitty people hunting down creators for the most abominable reasons (for example, TerminusEst13 of Demonsteele and High Noon Drifter fame was essentially forced to cut his ties with the Doom community because some pretty crazy deviants started stalking him).

Excuse me...WHAT?! I'm glad I'm no longer part of Doomworld. These people are nuts.

Alphons

Cipher
Often it's not even the trannies the problem, but people purposefully hunting for stuff to be offended by - the Blade of Agony Ep3 debacle where the targets of cameos where ok with the "deadname" cameos while the mob demanded heads on a silver platter -.

The best part of this is that Randi has a first cameo in BoA in Chapter 2 released in 2017- 2, 3 years before Randi trooning out.

Tormentor's great sin wasn't even deadnaming Randi with a cameo, it was not removing the evidence that he ever existed.

Same stuff with the Jewish caricatures and a crossdresser in Paris level in Chapter 1 released in 2016. They're in mandatory parts of the level and nobody had a problem with them for over 5 years.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Excuse me...WHAT?! I'm glad I'm no longer part of Doomworld. These people are nuts.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srhj5h

I had to dig a little, and honestly I'm not entirely sure the deviants were from the Doom community... but just imagine the amount of drama and shit flinging a bunch of autism-focused modders can throw out. Poor Terminus. Good that he went for greener and saner pastures.

lightbane

Arcane
I remember the mod The Community is Falling 3, which depicted the Doom modder community as completely deranged and power-tripping, with Tormentor and Terminus being assholes of the highest caliber here. Granted, that one was a parody, and before the trannies infiltrating everything, but considering how modders usually are, perhaps it has a grain of truth within it. Shame that WAD is boring.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm halfway through Ashes Afterglow, just beat Blood sport map (the one where you are fighting mutants in a hockey rink). Holy crap! The visual design, the encounters, the interconnectivity, the secrets. Afterglow is overall great, but the ice rink map is probably one of the best levels in all of the FPS games I ever played.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Graf Zahl is a good example since in his outbursts he's called people retards in the past, which if he was anyone else he'd be permabanned from those places. He's probably still assblasted about lilith.pk3 too.
I don't get the hate towards GrafZahl. Is he a cunt sometimes? Sure. Has he driven or ratted anyone out? Not that I've heard of. The guy has a temper, that's all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom