Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Good games in a prohibition era mob setting?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Are there any notable games with such a setting other than Mafia? I'm in the mood to see fedora-wearing enemies die of led poisoning after being exposed to Chicago typewriters. Which titles would the codex recommend to satiate my desire for such 20s style mob war entertainment.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
You may like the Godfather the game. Mob Enforcer seems like shit but I thought it is worth mentioning it. If you don't mind playing old games, Kingpin Life of Crime is kinda classic.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't be surprised if the most boring software house of all time - Ocean - licensed The Untouchables to make a game.

You may like the Godfather the game.

That was a cool game. After a while you may get bored with the intimidation minigames required to persuade shop owners, but it's a solid game otherwise.

Mafia 2 is nice but missions are a bit samey. If you explore the town you'll find the special recruits with more than one skill, then you can have a kickass invincible "party" that includes all classes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom