Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I don't know if that's the same guy who made a lot of Deus Ex related videos but looks like he's back after someone hacked his account.
His new video put some light on DE IW for people wondering why people shit on it.
spoiler - it's full of fucks
It's got almost Bethesda's Fallout treatment except it was made by the same folks

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
my hungarian is practically non-existent, but this guy makes really good video essays for older and lesser-known shit... and he even adds... subtitles! english ones!

and sometimes, he even speaks in english

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

His new video put some light on DE IW for people wondering why people shit on it.

Uh, he's trying really hard to be funny but he doesn't manage it. And he seems to be under the impression that
everyone involved with the Illuminati knows that they're all part of the Illuminati, which is clearly not the case aside from the people at the very top. You even have a conversation with Lin-May Chen (in the video he seems to assume that she knows what is going on) in the later bits of the game where she clearly doesn't know about that and you have the option to tell her. The game also has this other side story about the coffee shop wars that end up being owned by the same parent company but none of the workers really know about it and instead they keep a "competitive" profile to establish their brands and followers.

I didn't watch the full video, only about half of it since it was clear that he hadn't really paid as much attention to the plot as he thought he did and it was hard to watch. I don't know if he goes "gotcha! The game really wanted you to think all of that, buuuut...." later. If that is the case he needs to work in his presentation as much as the game needed to work in its own.

MuckMan

Learned

I get the impression, that he reviewed an older build of the game, like shortly after launch.

HansDampf

Arcane

There's some cringe liberalism towards the end, but it's mostly a really good analysis of HR.

Okay, I actually watched this over the last few days, and I'm surprised. It's pretty good. But the title is misleading. It should be called "Shitting on Human Revolution for Three and a Half Hours", including some criticisms I hadn't heard before. He also talks a lot about the first Deu sEx and shows how the devs of HR didn't understand what made it great.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the only criticism toward NGC dark souls videos is he keeps yammering about how bad he is at games, proably can cut around 20 minutes of airtime if he cut most of it, but still great work as usual. as expected of my second favorite (or favorite since mrbtounge hasn't uploaded anything in years)

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

See? I keep telling you this "game" is a poorly designed mess overflowing with amateurish bullshit which makes it impossible to actually enjoy it. I guess some elements are good, like the engine, graphics, original models, basically everything made by PB.

Ok, HE likes it ok. But all his complaints represent what I imagine this "game" to be when I actually get around to "playing" it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

See? I keep telling you this "game" is a poorly designed mess overflowing with amateurish bullshit which makes it impossible to actually enjoy it. I guess some elements are good, like the engine, graphics, original models, basically everything made by PB.

Ok, HE likes it ok. But all his complaints represent what I imagine this "game" to be when I actually get around to "playing" it.

there are sine flaws but there's no "overflowing with amateurish bullshit" in any way you look. most of his complaints are really just nitpicks, with the exception of quest states / quest specific objects only spawning after you obtain the quest that breaks the usual PB norms where you can find quest items long before you get the quest.

Codex Year of the Donut

A short history on mmorpg's.

what game is this
snapshot.jpg

going to guess some unreleased WoWclone, I just have no idea what it is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom