Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Arthandas

Liturgist
Everyone and everything would be better if that genre died

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
This guy looks at old and flash games as well as doing some vids about tel*vision. He has a good retrospective about the flashgame Super Fancy Pants and an interview with the developer.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What the world needs is more videos about Fallout and Arcanum.

Something has to break the combo of videos about Soulslike-Games every now and then.

Oh and ToEE:

Was thinking about posting that one, but the thread is about "good gaming channels".

I hope he doesn't read this, but I find his stuff pretty boring and not nearly as in-depth as it could be. He's ok, but not enough to make me watch his stuff, despite me being very much into those kind of reviews.

As for Mortismal, he's good, and obviously plays A LOT of different crpgs, but he puts out videos like a conveyor belt and never goes in-depth, even padding half of his 12 minute reviews with generalities. His recent ToEE review was a bunch of nothing, even the combat analysis was limited to "good implementation, wheel is weird".

Last edited:

MuckMan

Learned
as thinking about posting that one, but the thread is about "good gaming channels".

I hope he doesn't read this, but I find his stuff pretty boring and non nearly as in-depth as it could be. He's ok, but not enough to make me watch his stuff, despite me being very much into those kind of reviews.

As for Mortismal, he's good, and obviously plays A LOT of different crpgs, but he puts out videos like a conveyor belt and never goes in-depth, even padding half of his 12 minute reviews with generalities. His recent ToEE review was a bunch of nothing, even the combat analysis was limited to "good implementation, wheel is weird".

I get you. I mostly post "Ye Old Entertainments" stuff, because he has a small channel and obviously makes reviews as a passion. His WotR-Review was a long one and imo showed his pros and cons rather well, he can certainly do this stuff. If these channels get "high subscriptions" they start to cover more and more general stuff. See NeverKnowsBest made some videos about cRPGs and now covers MMOs and his The Elder Scrolls analysis was a whole lot of nothing imo.

ferratilis

Magister
I hope this guy covers cRPGs more in the future, since he released that one Baldur's Gate video already, and his style of presentation seems a lot more professional and energetic than, let's say, NeverKnowsBest, whose voice is so monotonous it would put an elephant to sleep after 10 minutes.

TheSoul

Scholar
I don't even play these kinds of Visual Novel games, but I found this video genuinely fascinating.

Why does this guy sound like he hasn't hit puberty yet. It's cool he's a translator, but I can't imagine wanting to listen to that voice for an hour.

Modron

Arcane
Why does this guy sound like he hasn't hit puberty yet. It's cool he's a translator, but I can't imagine wanting to listen to that voice for an hour.
Microphones often don't pickup the deeper registers of people's voice leaving behind a more nasally than real life recording. Best to splurge on a good microphone if you're going to regularly wax poetic on youtube.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Microphones often don't pickup the deeper registers of people's voice leaving behind a more nasally than real life recording. Best to splurge on a good microphone if you're going to regularly wax poetic on youtube.
Thats a really convoluted way of saying someones gay.

newtmonkey

Arcane
He's a translator with an anime girl avatar that likes dating sims, so there's a near 100% chance his name is something like "Miku Rose Marie"* and he's trying to sound feminine.

[Edit] * Or "Amelie Doree," as it turns out.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wish I knew about CGR before they closed the doors.
Now he's dealing with comics... not the best deal

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We all know and love Grimbeard (unless we're jaded assholes), so you all know this video came out, but if you feel like NOT watching it, I'm here to say it's exceptionally funny.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Popamole channel, too many DivOS videos (more than one) - perfect match

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom