Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Dr1f7

Scholar

fun vid. but i disagree with the end bit where he says "we've moved on" past UT style gameplay/maps and that modern shooters have "codified what a good map is" -> those assertions are just straight up wrong

cool map tho, it's like the OG 2fort i guess

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Erick Landon RPG

This channel focuses mainly on JRPGs. I use it mostly as a source of potential recommendations as it brings attention to many curious-looking games I would probably never know of otherwise (though he is probably more on the normie side of the spectrum). His music intro is terrible though.

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Have not watched this particular one, but I'm watching his Hopkins FBI review, and it's pretty good. Arx Fatalis reviews are a codex thing and this channel has 40 views on average, so I thought I could help the guy out a little bit.

flyingjohn

Arcane
This dude had some decent videos, but seems to have had a mental breakdown today and nixed everything.

Hey it is that asshole who disables comments and shills that stupid srpg studio forum while having one of the laziest and safe srpg opinions.
Guy can't even make a simple "Bye and fuck you " video but has to spend 20 minutes bitching.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yes. It boggles the mind. He kills all forms of interaction with his videos, tries to push people to another site, and then wonders why he does so poorly.

Archibald

Arcane
This dude had some decent videos, but seems to have had a mental breakdown today and nixed everything.

Sounds like he is real mad that some people like PlayStation port of Tactics Ogre. Part about him buying games for other video makers was also a bit weird, did he want a blowjob in return?

Yes. It boggles the mind. He kills all forms of interaction with his videos, tries to push people to another site, and then wonders why he does so poorly.

I'm all for people trying to create their own communities outside of these big platforms, but he is probably pretty good example of how not to do it.

TheSoul

Scholar

Jesus christ, he's complaining about youtube comments bullying him. He covers old srpgs and expects to get popular and rewarded for it? I feel ashamed for linking his channel now.

7h30n

Augur
What a shame.

So now I'm out of "content creators" covering all sorts of SRPGs... Any recommendations for another channel covering the genre?

EDIT: Unrelated to above, The Crawl is great:
Worth sending to Wizardry thread?

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Sounds like he is real mad that some people like PlayStation port of Tactics Ogre. Part about him buying games for other video makers was also a bit weird, did he want a blowjob in return?
I was sort of on-board with the whole thing until he talked about that. Like, I get that Youtube can be a real shitty place to be a content creator, but buying games for people you aren't good friends with seems like a weird thing to do. I know a few Youtubers do stuff for each other, but I generally assume that's because they at least have a solid business relationship with each other.

Archibald

Arcane
Wasn't aware (or forgotten?) that Battle Realms has a new edition and it is still being patched:

Interesting that same year we had Battle Realms, Civ 3, Black/White and Kohan.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wasn't aware (or forgotten?) that Battle Realms has a new edition and it is still being patched:

Interesting that same year we had Battle Realms, Civ 3, Black/White and Kohan.

They're still going? They should make a new game like that. Even when people will complain (because it's not a mirror copy of belowed classic or have some new/weird changes for some variety) it would still be some game made in old games style.
Checked his videos - found some interesting titles, for some reason YT recommended me his VtM Bloodlines mod and not other titles like this one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom