Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Advent

Novice
Any videos or channels that go into the history of CRPGs and the industry would be appreciated. I can't seem to find enough.
Matt Chat's interviews are probably the best resource.

I found him about a year ago, and he's pretty great. A complete nerd, which is why I trust him to do the job.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I also discovered Ghostcharm's channel only yesterday. Watched the video about the fallout villain.
Decent channel, it's been years since something good appeared on youtube.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Skipping first game?

Good, it's overrated anyway

Surprised to see he went to the length to cover the Droid Planet mod, refreshing to see a vidja essayist who isn't totally sheepish about covering and criticizing mod projects.

He waxed about covering Jagged Alliance and Hammer & Sickle in his last vid, I hope he chooses either of those next. Not enough coverage of all the squad-based tacticool RPGS that the advent of modern-day XCOM completely bricked over in the GameTuber sphere.

Codex Year of the Donut
Skipping first game?

Good, it's overrated anyway

Good video, though he skipped a few things I'm surprised about. e.g., Visas Marr's first person vision:
ez65l0c84fe61.png

If you look at Kreia using it, she's almost invisible and has no force signature at all.

HK-47 has his own special first person vision too btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom