Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Guess who is back with clickbait titles.

I’ve watched the first 15 mins and it needs a TL;DR. But obvious design is obvious and it’s nice to see someone who doesn’t shill the game non-stop I suppose. (So far at least.)

Watched it. tl;dw is: The open world design is bad for this genre because you can ride past everything and never feel threatened or pressured. It's the same as Ubisoft Open World minus the markers. Too many repeat boss fights. Story so vague like it's a caricature of Souls games. And you have to consult wikis and guides to beat the game. I'm curious if this is actually true or if he just got filtered. I haven't played it.

It is true, the game is shit and full of bad bad decisions. He doesn’t go far enough though, unfortunately.

Wunderbar

Arcane
And you have to consult wikis and guides to beat the game. I'm curious if this is actually true or if he just got filtered. I haven't played it.
you don't need wiki and guides to reach the ending, however the game indeed is overly cryptic, and the quest design is really bad.

Pound Meat

Prophet
Lady Decade's pretty good, plus she's kinda bangable for a frumpy Brit.

She took down her hot crying and sweating video but you can see a bit of it in the above video.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
janky and buggy but still cool
from the same people who deliverd The Fall - Last Days of Gaia aka another Fallout clone before FO3 disaster happened that caused mass amnesia about good games made right way

is it me or the portraits looks like Troma title?

ferratilis

Magister
A relatively new channel, mostly dedicated to BG3. This guy based his entire channel on hot takes, although he does make a fair point here and there.

Arthandas

Liturgist
A relatively new channel, mostly dedicated to BG3. This guy based his entire channel on hot takes, although he does make a fair point here and there.
He unironically thinks PoE1 is one of the greatest crpgs.
images

Dadd

Learned

Maximum fart sniffing. Does a game referencing a philosopher automatically make it great?

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Descent to Undermountain retrospective/ Review.
The Creator Mr.Ed, has a great made for RPG narration fantasy style voice, and is creating some of the best quality CRPG videos I`ve seen on youtube. Please take a look.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

vast majority of channes doing videoreviews of Fallout games skip that one
but not this one

The fact this guy has 7 times as many subscribers as Nocturnal Rambler, the legitimate quality BP content creator, is baffling. A glitch in the system, no doubt.
because quality rarely sells
Maybe it have something to do with informational-entertaining balance, when former gets a lot of views mosly when paired with the latter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom