Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good trading game and Ascension to the throne-like recommendations?

Outmind

Augur
I'm in search of two types of game:

1. A somewhat complex yet interesting trading game. I loved High Seas Trader back in the day and would like something similar.

2. A game like Ascension to the Throne or the new King's Bounty games in the sense that your army's strength depends on your hero's leadership stat and other abilities.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

rvm1975

Educated
A game like Ascension to the Throne or the new King's Bounty games in the sense that your army's strength depends on your hero's leadership stat and other abilities.

Kings Bounty 2, still in development ...

madhouse

Playing Merchant Prince right now, and I think it's good.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm in search of two types of game:

1. A somewhat complex yet interesting trading game. I loved High Seas Trader back in the day and would like something similar.

2. A game like Ascension to the Throne or the new King's Bounty games in the sense that your army's strength depends on your hero's leadership stat and other abilities.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

If you're only speaking of the base Ascension then maybe you missed the stand alone expansion Valkyrie which had all the same benefits plus staring at ass all game. I'm guessing that since this one covered one of the other two characters that you meet in the latter part of the first one, then there were plans to do that one as well, but it was the time when 1C was in dire straights and a lot of good ideas came to naught or were released half assed (Alekhine's Gun as a sequel to the gossly underrated Death to Spies for example).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom