Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gop RPG Revealed, Features "Action" and "Depth"

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
inspired by the likes of Dark Souls,
:yeah:

Kingdoms of Amalur
:rage:
and Batman: Arkham City.

face_1285751140_by_stabel12.png

I sure could use another Dark Souls, but mentioning KoA as a DEEP system to serve as inspiration kills any good will I was having...

I think KoA was mentioned because of the class system (the skill-class trees).

Tigranes

Arcane
The world is set 1,000 years after the death of a God, whose corpse is a mountain that splits the world into two sides, each with their own philosophy.

Probably the first one-liner to make me interested for a good while, apart from Dishonoured. Let's see how it turns out... I don't think the presence of Gop in itself will make it Witcher-like one way or the other. Can't be more boring than Amalur.

action role-playing game
Oh, another one of these.
I'm fine with action RPGs. I lost any hope about the gaming industry producing any other kind of RPG, anyway.
On the other hand, they could at least learn to make action RPGs right, for fuck's sake.
:lol: So the sales of Witcher 2 apparenty were not satisfactory...
How is that related? Didn't he left the company way before the game shipped?

Kz3r0

Arcane
:yeah:

:rage:

face_1285751140_by_stabel12.png

I sure could use another Dark Souls, but mentioning KoA as a DEEP system to serve as inspiration kills any good will I was having...
Just name dropping, he cited all the recent games easily recognizable by the casual gamers, it's the same as he would have said Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and Final Fantasy XIII.

Achilles

Arcane
People are surprised it's an action-RPG? If you don't see the word "kickstarter" next to the game title, it's a safe bet that it'll be an action game with stats.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't think a producer has a lot of influence on the creative part of game development. It's more like an overseer.
That varies from company to company, it's kinda a nebulous title. Sometimes the producer is just an overseer, other times he's the creative lead on a game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's also like Skyrim... and uh... uh... CoD: Black Ops!

empi

Augur
It reminds me of how my nephew described Skyrim to me, "It's like CoD but the maps are really big and there's magic and stuff...IT'S AWSOME"

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Via an article at Digital Spy, we learn that a yet unnamed action-RPG oh so mysteriously referred to as "Project RPG" and led by Tomasz Gop, a former senior producer at CD Projekt RED, has just been revealed. It features a lot of action and depth, and is inspired by the likes of Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City.

Project RPG has been unveiled by City Interactive and German studio Deck13.​
The yet-to-be-named title will be helmed by Tomasz Gop, a former senior producer at The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings studio CD Projekt RED. Still early in development, the action role-playing game will focus specifically on player skill to progress forward, with a story that is designed to be mirror users' own actions and playstyle through its vision and ideologies.​
The world is set 1,000 years after the death of a God, whose corpse is a mountain that splits the world into two sides, each with their own philosophy. Players will cross the border between the two sides early in the game, and must decide to align with one or the other.​
The approach to combat is inspired by Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City, in that it features systems that are simple to grasp but filled with depth. Enemies will be designed to be recognisable not by their appearance but their behaviour and fighting style.​
It has also already been confirmed to feature a New Game Plus option after completion.​
Project RPG is currently entering its prototype phase, and is scheduled to be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC sometime in 2013.​

banal
boring
shit

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Again with the "2 factions to choose!!" thing? It was cool in Witcher, it was great in Witcher 2 due to exclusive faction content, but it's becoming stale.

Why don't they pick something more ambiguous for once? You have several characters within different factions, some being leaders of sub-factions, now choose whom you want to help.

"Multiple power-hungry dipshits within one faction trying to seize power from the legitimate ruler" would be much more interesting than "faction A vs faction B". Instead of binary choice you could have a lot more scheming and double-crossing, as well as being able to choose the least asshole-ish or most promising character to support instead of just two equally bad/good factions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom