Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gotham Knights - open world action-RPG where Batman is dead

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Thats a lie, its because its Batman.
...Except you cannot play as Batman without a mod. Everything I put up can't be done without some modding. (Bruce is just an NPC, all of his suits are meant for those in-engine cutscenes)

It's all about stealth takedowns. It's the shit I love doing in the new Deus Ex, Alpha Brotocol, Hitman (Blood Money).. It's just an excellent way of trolling lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
pst i brought in the blue + grey as well as black + gray (Jace Fox style, which ihilarious since Lucius is there).

i'm addicted to this shit.

also Zac Snyder's dystopian Batman

152-1673745240-290397038.png

152-1673359199-713963724.png

215-1671506780-2063206334.png

248-1674682059-268901342.png

222-1672282470-1813002735.png
Also figured out a way to get the real eyes showing. Note that's actually Jason's texture, if you see the scar:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Made a Banter mod (bc WB fucked that up.. 15% chance reaction from an Perfect Evade and for some reason they filtered any such verbal reactions to only Regs, Freakz, and Mob. I did a bunch of probability modding and so we have this:

I literally have 11 endorsements for this mod, which has only been up for a week. And this is a tiny. I can't seem to get any feedback on whether people want more or less. Weird.

Problem is.. Yesterday's patch broke everything because they stuffed a lot of shit into the *.ucas/*utoc Zen Loader method, which nobody has been able to extract, outside of raw meshes and textures.

Had some heartworming (lol) posts on my mod:

1676577340609.png

But reverting is pretty straight-forward with Steam Depot. Moreover, most people are reverting our mods that much desired.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
That's Batgirl. (I would like to make a Batwoman if I can.. she's pretty badass... on the other hand I picture Babs as Oracle al the time)

However, My Batgirl mods:
248-1674692141-1445504622.png

248-1674682059-268901342.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/gothamknights/mods/248

And

200-1670342471-751835693.jpeg

https://www.nexusmods.com/gothamknights/mods/200

But actually what's most important/necessary is my Banter mod. They turned down the banter sooo low that it's ridiculous, especially for Nightwing. With my "fixing" (more like Q&A fix):

Also I did this

---

Anyways, self-update:

I posted my mod on Reddit... because I am totally a Nikolai Tesla and forgot to tell people about it lol. I'm like the only modder and everybody is reverting from WB's new patch bc the new patch blocks access to anything except pure raw files (textures).
Within 10 hours there are like 50+ upvotes. It's at 152 now, within 2 days.

That and when I posted the link, it was think two of my best... (Technically I started modding with 0 experience so it's been a learning experience. I've finally understood how to use Curves and Gaussian Blur in GIMP lol. Also understanding the particle system and their fabric material system (they're tileable normal maps). I've learned about normal maps enough so that I can simply use a normal map on a torso normal map and then just paint a logo on it. That's literally the two below. No separate logo mesh.

olisvi45xnka1.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/GothamKnights/comments/11d367b/batfleck_and_keaton_mod/

I don't really give a shit about popularity (honestly I don't like attention really)... and obv I forgot Reddit exists but holy crap. So that just drew me an even larger army of patch-reverters to help me troll WB. I feel like they may be noticing this. I honestly wonder if they tried shutting down modding because I was speeding up. (In fact I sped up more when the patch came, just to motivate people to not patch)

Funny thing is that when I describe my mods I point out all the stuff that WB fucked up on. I think I told them not to hire me because they're too incompetent (bluffing is fun).

Lhynn

Arcane
I fucking despise batwoman, she is even more hurtful to the batman mythos than Damian.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Wow a lot of people are still trying to revert the patch.

That's how crappy the game is... and how we've actually managed to fix a lot of the problems.

In fact I FINALLY figured out how to add physics to the batcape. Literally through editing cooked data tables.. aka dealing with physics/physics packages.. without any GUI/UEditor. Something the post-Dec patches prevent (it prevents cooked asset editing, and thus to "edit" data assets requires recreating them, and also I'd also need to know all the Structs/etc. used to create their data tables)

I'm pretty much learning the Unreal Engine in a backwards manner.

Essentially, the vanilla batcape had none of the featured physics (specifically, collision detection). You'd have the cape clipping through the floor when crouching. There would be no cape physics on the batcycle. Stuff like that.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Dexter

And I'm doing that to help others to learn a bit of stuff that could be useful in case they want to develop games.

In case you actually care about games and game development, you know.

So I'm not gonna STOP if I'm posting technical info.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I fucking despise batwoman, she is even more hurtful to the batman mythos than Damian.
American comics really should've relegated more of its garbage content to non-canon spin-offs instead of cramming some retarded intern's OC into the mainline continuity. There are even traces of Batwoman in Arkham Knight, unfortunately, though they are obscure easy to miss.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
:lol:
He's not your boss, you know, you don't have to justify your posts to him.
Yah I gotta learn how to stop taking stuff personally.

BTW the reason I know texturing is because I started texturing last year... for Space Marine. In essence I was texturing Night Lords. Yup. The source is 40k.

Anyways, I updated my custom bathelm... It actually does play homage to a comics suit so I'm curious if anyone noticed (and still WIP because I've only spent less than a day on it)

I'm using ONLY in-game assets. I haven't even touched meshing because, after working and rigging in 3dsmax.. having to mesh in one program then rig in a separate program is annoying.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Latest product. Stealing the Batman DLC from Arkham Knight (incidentally it was made by Rocksteady Montreal, and also its textures are really lazy because AK is right now supposed to please Nintendo Switch fans).

395-1711219819-2113670971.png
395-1711219868-708219212.png
395-1711219764-108275096.png
395-1711219806-152575261.png

This is actually the 2nd time I've extracted and retargeted an entirely different mesh/skeleton.

Edit: WB/Rocksteady's main screenshot for the suit I just ported:

...In other words, Rocksteady seems like its tipping downwards..
batman-arkham-knight-robert-pattinson-skin-edit.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom