Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Gothic 2 is utter tripe

Can't handle the bacon

Firstly, I am a longtime RPG veteran. Having played games, such as. Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, ELEX, Oblivion and of course disco elysium. So when I say I am fairly well versed in the quality and merits of what makes a GOOD "rpg". Rather then, what make an RPG infact utter tripe.

When I was a young lad. I played this game that has henceforth been known as Gothic. Firstly I was shocked, apalled, nay, even dsigusted by the lack of role playing experience in this game. The whole of the game seemed to assume, that as an educated gamer and RPG veteran. I would be content with simply traversing the barren hellscape of the land known as khorinis. At first as I stepped off the prison camp and realized there was no true RPG system in this game. I was disgusted. Nevertheless I decided to press onward to the opening city. However, Every settlement I happened across had almost no catgirls. The world was completely static and desolate.

Each character I encountered had so artistic soul or creativity into their personality. They were simply empty shells there for gathering iron ore. Nevertheless I pushed forward into this "game" of sorts. When I happened upon a chance combat encounter. I quickly discovered to my horror how awful the combat system truly was. You simply spam your direction keys! Of course how genius!. This coupled with the general poor skill system, coupled with the absolutely dreary world. In my expert opinion this game is clearly of poor quality and value.

In conclusion; I find it extremely fitting that the game world is covered in giant germans. Germans of course grow in shit, if anyone is unaware of this. Is there perhaps anyone willing to debate or challenge this game based upon its true virtues? Or are Gothic fans only capable of reacting with emoji's. It's quite comincal indeed that this absolute tripe of a game has such a simple minded following.

As I have said before; Gothic is UTTER Tripe.

Saravan

Savant
giphy.gif

SoupNazi

Sorry brother, but you did not conceal your troll enough. In fact, you revealed it in the second sentence; amateur.

It's funny trolling of the most prestigious kind - when the shitpost surrounds a nugget of truth. Combat is shit, world is uninteresting. Risen was better.

Risen has better controls/gameplay. But Gothic is better in everything else: music, world, quests, atmosphere, story and especially enemies(the lizardmens in Risen are boring).

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
See, the difference between this (obvious satire) post and Morrowind's is that the criticisms seen here apply to Morrowind but not to Gothic.

Neither is Korinis barren. Neither is the combat about spamming direction keys. Neither are characters hollow shells. Neither is the skill system poor. And finally, neither are the inhabitants German.

Can't handle the bacon

See, the difference between this (obvious satire) post and Morrowind's is that the criticisms seen here apply to Morrowind but not to Gothic.

Neither is Korinis barren. Neither is the combat about spamming direction keys. Neither are characters hollow shells. Neither is the skill system poor. And finally, neither are the inhabitants German.
I think some people itt would like to disagree with you on all of these points.

Cunt Dickula!?

I think some people itt would like to disagree with you on all of these points.
Your joke hurt my feelings! Take it BACK!!!:argh:

Can't handle the bacon

Your joke hurt my feelings! Take it BACK!!!:argh:
We are sorry to hear that you aren't fully satisfied with this joke. We are committed to making sure that all of our customers' feelings remain completely unhurt by our threads. Your feelings are very important to us. Please stay on the line to talk with the next available representative.

*epic techno beat*

Last edited by a moderator:

Can't handle the bacon

In all seriousness, Gothic 3 really was tripe. They rushed the game to compete with Oblibion, resulting in a ton of copy-pasted and generic content, and overall shittiness. If Piranha Brains (or whoever holds the copyrights to Gothic) ever decided to make a remake of the Gothic series (which would be a much better use of their time than ELEX), 1 and 2 would require merely a touch-up in the graphics and controls, and maybe some voice acting.

Gothic 3 would have to be remade from the ground-up in order to stay true to the quality of its predecessors.

In summary; Gothic 3 is UTTER tripe!.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom