Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic 3 community patch 1.4 released

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

What the title says. Here is <a href=http://snorre.jowood.de/~community/Gothic3/Gothic_3_Community_Patch_v1.4_English.txt>what the patch does</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I. Community Patch v1.4
<br>
=======================
<br>
<br>
- One can learn "Make poison" bugfree.
<br>
+ One can learn "Master thief". (Soundless dialog)
<br>
- Artifacts of Adanos cannot be sold.
<br>
+ Milten gives the teleporterstone for the Monastery.
<br>
- Censoring of nude women removed.
<br>
- The game can also be ended when Zuben is already long dead.
<br>
- When Orknarok accompanies the hero, he will not be attacked by the Nomads and vice versa.
<br>
- Orknarok leaves the party, once the requirements therefore are met.
<br>
- One cannot get Shakyors Druidstone twice.
<br>
+ Mort leads one when needed for a second time to the Hammerclan, Fireclan or to the entrance of the mine.
<br>
- Hogar does not kill the hero for the quest "Duel with Hogar".
<br>
+ The quest "Delivery to Nordmar" unlocked. (Soundless dialog)
<br>
- One can speak with Dargoth about the "Fifth temple", once prerequired knowledge has been obtained.
<br>
- Lisk gives only final comments about the liberation of the mine when he has taken part in it.
<br>
- One can say to Xardas "I have the five artifacts of Adanos" only when one has them.
<br>
- Asaru is teacher for martial arts, when one assures him to help him.
<br>
+ Tyler says "Where to now? To Trelis, or what?", before one attacks Trelis together.
<br>
- Effects of "Black Rhobar" corrected.
<br>
+ Two comments from Dan and Goose unlocked.
<br>
- Information for the quest "Just a fallen..." noted in the questlog.
<br>
- Some inconsistencies in the dialogdata resolved.
<br>
- Sulfock gives experience "Kill the threatening Snapper in front of the Sulphurmine".
<br>
- For the quest "Sell the skin to Gnar for 500 gold pieces" one can give Wilson 500 gold.
<br>
- The spiked cutchel has a goldvalue of 150, instead of 4500 gold.
<br>
- One cannot interrupt Lee during his teleport by means of a dialog.
<br>
- Iljas Vaze, Shadowscepter and Chalice of the Watertraders are ordened properly in the inventory.
<br>
- For the quest "Covert operations" one needs the amulet of Ilja.
<br>
- One cannot drink empty bottles and viles.
<br>
- The Krush Irmak deals damage.
<br>
- Kamak and the Orcs with the excavation form one party.
<br>
+ Dialog of Xardas unlocked.
<br>
- Murak does not react like a slave after the liberation of Bakaresh.
<br>
+ Additional dialog options for Kan unlocked.
<br>
- One can follow certain dialogs still after the relevant NPCs are dead.
<br>
- The quest "Free Kliff from the Orcs on the farm" can always be ended.
<br>
- One cannot say to Kliff "You are free now", when he already knows it.
<br>
- Georg is promoted to Paladin when giving the blessed Fire Chalice.
<br>
- When one attacks Sugut or his camp with the Nomads, one will be treated as a normal assassin.</blockquote>You can grab the patch <a href=http://snorre.jowood.de/~community/Gothic3/Gothic_3_Community_Patch_v1.4.exe>here</a>.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, puppyonastik
<br>

Inziladun

Magister
It's good to hear the community is picking up where where Pirahna was forced to leave off.

However this change has my curiosity piqued:

- Censoring of nude women removed.

Considering there's hardly any women in the game(let alone ones you even get to interact with), I wonder what this could mean. Were there some sort of paintings or something?

Dragon

Augur
You mean PLayboy posters ? Cooool...

These are mainly quest corrections (and that's very important, don't get me wrong). Does any of you know if they intend to correct the combat ? I found the "stun lock" most annoying (or has it been corrected in some other patch I missed ?). And what about performance and crashes ? Can they even do this, I mean technically ?

Monolith

Prophet
Nice. I'd really like to know if they plan to do some balancing as that's what is bothering me the most right now. And some unique content is welcomed as well.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game is still a pain in the ass.

I mean, ok, it's nice to see that some things were fixed, but that combat system makes it almost impossible to enjoy the game.

Too hard to describe it.. you cannot even say it's too hard. Sometimes, it's too easy. It's simply unpredictable and always gets you killed when you don't expect it.

I'll never understand why they changed their combat system... the one in Gothic 2 was not perfect, but much better than this crap :)

Bradylama

Arcane
Yeah, no shit. I still love how I can't find anything better than the Halberd with a longer reach. You find them in Ardea, and yet all throughout the game a single sharpened halberd is indespensible.

Nedrah

Erudite
They need to work on performance so I can play the fucker with my 1gig of Ram.

Good to see the game is being worked at, it's hard to imagine what a pile of shit G2 would be considered if it hadn't had as much love from PB after release.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1gig of Ram?

Oh, come on... Don't you want to play Bioshock? xD
Ram really isn't that expensive...

Also, this is a FANPATCH. PB has nothing to do with Gothic 3 any more. Blame them, blame JoWood... the truth is somewhere between them.

btw... At first, I was typing that in German... It would be a nice way to confuse some people here, wouldn't it? ;)

Hazelnut

Erudite
Bradylama said:
Yeah, no shit. I still love how I can't find anything better than the Halberd with a longer reach. You find them in Ardea, and yet all throughout the game a single sharpened halberd is indespensible.

Really? I played through the whole game using sword and bow only. I never even equipped a halberd. Stun lock can be a problem, but it's not usually a death sentence unless you've been silly enough to end up engaging a pack of wolves or something. You can disengage, and also it can be avoided with correct timing. I did get pretty pissed off with the white wolves in Nordmar though - that place was bloody dangerous! By then I was dual wielding decent swords (longer the better) and as long as I was careful things were okay.

Oh, and Nedrah - I played it with 1 Gig Ram and a Athlon XP2200 + GF6600GT. Could have looked prettier, but it was mostly playable.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I am inclined to agree, what pretty much ruins the experience is the combat that can be described as random at best... To be honest, the whole plot leaves much to be desired, as well (due to general lack of direction).

Nevertheless, even though the game is not as good as its predecessors, I am glad that the community works hard to resolve the bugs and issues.

Section8

Cipher
Script fixes are good and all, but apparently having 2gig of RAM is death sentence, meaning I have the choice of playing on an outdated rig that takes about 5 minutes to load a game and is only playable in very low detail, or a brand spanking rig that loads fast, is silky smooth on high detail levels... but crashes every 10 minutes.

As it stands, I choose neither.

Nedrah

Erudite
thesheeep said:
1gig of Ram?

Oh, come on... Don't you want to play Bioshock? xD
Ram really isn't that expensive...

Also, this is a FANPATCH. PB has nothing to do with Gothic 3 any more. Blame them, blame JoWood... the truth is somewhere between them.

btw... At first, I was typing that in German... It would be a nice way to confuse some people here, wouldn't it? ;)

I do currently not feel like upgrading, as there are just too few games that are actually unplayable with my machine. I just have to turn down the visuals most of the time, and I don't care about graphics as long as they do have some animation (FU avernum) and do not consist of letters (and I want to play you so badly, Dwarf Fortress). The games I'm really looking forward to will likely not need a killer machine, indies mostly. Also, I'm at university and I don't have rich parents, so I have to work to make ends meet without investing in new hardware - I'd have to get two 1gig bars (?) for my laptop, that kind of ram is somewhat more expensive than the desktop kind of stuff. Just not worth it for the two games that I was looking forward to and that failed to live up to their hype - Gothic 3 and Supreme Commander. I might reconsider if Bioshock is fantastic or if Spore turns out to be more than a sandboxy kind of minigames strung together.

As for confusing people - I doubt that would work. They'd propably just do what they usually do, that is ignore my incohorent rambling.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Section8 said:
I have the choice of playing on an outdated rig that takes about 5 minutes to load a game and is only playable in very low detail, or a brand spanking rig that loads fast, is silky smooth on high detail levels... but crashes every 10 minutes.
That's nonsense. I have 1 Gig and play it on medium-high detail.

Section8

Cipher

Huh? Wha? Where did I even disclose the specs of my outdated rig? If you really want to know, it's running 1gb of DDR333, with an Athlon 2600+, and has a 7200rpm IDE drive with a 2mb cache. It's just not a performance machine, and like I said, it's irksome that my other rig that can run just about anything at obscene detail levels keeps crashing because of some fuckup with the memory manager in Gothic 3's engine.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Section8 said:

Huh? Wha? Where did I even disclose the specs of my outdated rig? If you really want to know, it's running 1gb of DDR333, with an Athlon 2600+, and has a 7200rpm IDE drive with a 2mb cache. It's just not a performance machine, and like I said, it's irksome that my other rig that can run just about anything at obscene detail levels keeps crashing because of some fuckup with the memory manager in Gothic 3's engine.

Wasn't the fuckup fixed with the first patch?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Well... I got 2 PCs here...

One is:

Athlon64 X2 4200+
2gig RAM
GeForce 7800 GTX

Kinda everything runs on that one...
@Nedrah: I saved for that machine for quite a while and did so, because I'm planning to use that PC for at least some years, since I know I will have exactly your problem.. Studying without rich parents sucks ;)

Needless to say I was able to play Gothic 3 without GRAPHICAL problems...

Everything that doesn't run on the 1st, runs on this one:

PentiumI 120 Mhz (I think ...)
40mb RAM
Windows 95

And don't ask me about graphics card.. I have no idea.
But it's enough for me to know that I can play DSA/ROA without having to use DosBox ;)

Monolith

Prophet
Lestat said:
Wasn't the fuckup fixed with the first patch?
I've never played Gothic 3 without the first patch and it's not crashing. And yeah, I have 2 gigs of RAM so it's probably been fixed already.

Section8

Cipher
Hmm, I've been running 1.12 ever since I got it. Time for a clean install, and incremental patching... I do really want to play this game as it was (almost) intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom