Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 Sucks

Higher Game

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Mods? It has a CS? Win.

I don't know about a CS, but there should be some improvements and stuff.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Some more accurate numbers and info from the same thread at RPGDot

Moriendor said:
Just to add some facts though:

- PC Games awarded Gothic III a score of 87% based on the old, buggy goldmaster version that no one except for the reviewer is ever going to play, saying the game might get 90%+ if/when properly patched.
- Gamestar awarded Gothic III a score of 85% based on the old, buggy goldmaster version that no one except for the reviewer is ever going to play, saying the game might/will get 89% if/when properly patched.
- PC Powerplay issued no rating due to the old, buggy goldmaster version that no one except for the reviewer is ever going to play.
- PC Action issued no rating due to the old, buggy goldmaster version that no one except for the reviewer is ever going to play.
- Austrian Gamers.at awarded Gothic III a score of 91% based on the old, buggy goldmaster version that no one except for the reviewer is ever going to play.
- It was the mags who discovered the save game corruption bug that made JoWood withdraw the first goldmaster.
- The new goldmaster included not only a fix for the save game corruption bug (which was obviously the biggest issue) but also many other fixes. The new, real goldmaster was not reviewed yet but is currently in testing, i.e. it has presumably been shipped to the mags and also to WoG who seem to be quite happy with it so far. Knowing how vocal they usually are when stuff is messed up, one could even call it a good sign that they haven't posted any whiny newsbits ever since they got the test version.
- There is an interview with JoWood and PB on WoG (not sure if it has been translated to English yet) where they comment on the issue of two goldmasters. They seem to be very confident that the release version is in good shape.

Token Nug

Novice
The reviews mean jack shit... If they gave Oblivion high scores, i wouldnt doubt they would give all other games hows devs havent exchanged cock sucking between business partners low scores.

elkston

Novice
Whipporowill said:
The gothics always had loading times between major areas - such as the Khorinis valley and the old mine colony if I remember correctly? Other than that it should be streaming in G3.

Yes, but this time they are saying there is no loading anywhere, ever.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
As for CS, I wouldn't count on it. The previous games didn't have it and I heard nothing about PB introducing it in G3.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's a CS for you? There won't be a CS in the box, but a modkit for Gothic was released, the dev tools and script source.
No fancy interface or good manuals. Also, the script language sucked.
But Gothic3 uses Gamebryo, so maybe it'll be better. I don't know how much of the tech behind Morrowind is Bethesda's doing and how much is Gamebryo.
In any case, that's what the game was made with, minus 3dsmax. I personally prefer a less newbie-friendly approach. I hated the mod-overload of Morrowind.

denizsi said:
At least that's how I interpret it. If it indeed is so and it has a meaning resembling guards of medieval fighting, then it sounds like great.
I'd love to believe that, but alas.
According to my information, the right mouse button does fast attacks and blocks. I haven't been able to get any really good and comprehensive description of the combat system from anyone who played it beyond the basic stuff. It does seem however like good combat in Gothic3 means dual wielding.

The real question is, will it be worth using the more elaborate features or will you just be spamming fast attacks?

I hated the mod-overload of Morrowind.

HEY GUYZ LOOK I MADE A HOUSE ITS IN BAMLOERA

Though I was quite pleased with the accessibility of the CS. I was never into the technical side of modding much, and I stole all my good scripts from other mods.

Lumpy

Arcane
Didn't you make that Muffinwind mod? How did you manage to do so without scripting?
And what was that mod about, by the way?

Lumpy

Arcane
Snakes on a Plane of Oblivion? Are you still working on that?

Lumpy

Arcane
No matter, putting motherfucking snakes on a motherfucking plane is a fucking stupid idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom